Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: If you think Loreto Bay is bad check this out
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 04:55 PM

Hey, where did all the pro development/"progress" guys go that were posting on the other thread. I would like to hear your perspective as well here
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 05:11 PM
The Facts of Life !

It's not a matter of pro/con development. It is simply a fact of life that the "Idyllic" areas are going to be gobbled up by development at an ever increasing pace. I understand how people who have come to live there dislike what they see coming, but they had to know that it would some day. Accept the inevitable or move on.

BTW, the "Gulf" of California is a part of the Pacific Ocean.

"They say that evil prevails when good men fail to act. What they should say is simply that EVIL PREVAILS".

From "The Lord of War".
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja&Back
Good ol' Mexican government, trying to be "politically correct", issued official paper titles to all Ejido lands in the country without thinking that the ejidos would instantly sell off their beachfront for millions.

Wouldn't you, if your family had been scraping by since 1920?

[Edited on 7-15-2007 by Baja&Back]

NO, the government knew damn well the ejido would sell out. We all ought to review Mexican history and what started the Mexican revolution. Seems its repeating itself.
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldhippie
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by Keri
it will invest around 4,000 million Euros.

That's over 5 billion U.S.

All the press releases say the same thing and this too:

Fadesa Commits $5bn to New Mexican Resort
Spanish real estate developer Fadesa Inmobiliaria is to invest $5.4bn in building a resort in Loreto, in the Mexican state of Baja California Sur. Loreto Paraíso, as the complex is to be called, will be the fourth project by Fadesa in Mexico.

http://tinyurl.com/2uukv9

6500 houses and 7000 hotel rooms.

http://tinyurl.com/2rrgsm

bye bye to one of the best areas in BCS

as to the water, first they'll drain the aquifers, then they'll change sea water into drinking water (would you like a room with or without water?, with water is an additional $100 per person) and then they'll wring water out of the dry desert air.

Buy you know, 4 golf courses, that's worth it all.

I wonder when the Loreto developers are going to say they are going to float icebergs from the poles for fresh water. I know that's coming up next

C'mon do ya really think this one will pan out? They have so many projects going all at once and 5 BILLION big ones? sounds like they're bragging or exaggerating and we know Spanish never do that! just in case though, I own loretoparaiso.net and loretoparadise.com the other obvious ones were already taken :dudette:
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2007 at 07:03 PM

there ya go Pam enterprize it:yes::yes::yes:

jerry and judi
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 7-16-2007 at 07:01 AM

I happen to have a place on mainland Mexico north of Puerto Vallarta about 20 miles north of this companies project called Litibu, they just came in bulldozed all the jungle, built these giant white gates and are working on the Greg Norman golf coarse now...million dollar condos and yacht harbor...at least we have water over here, it makes me sad to see what is becoming of my beautiful Baja...

I hear the whales song
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2007 at 08:35 AM

"This holiday resort will also offer state-of-the-art services and is designed in line with sustainability criteria and a perfect integration with the landscape and the environment."
where have I heard that before? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2007 at 08:52 AM

I'm in...who do I send my deposit to?......:yes:
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 7-16-2007 at 09:25 AM

I just put this post on another thread, it should have been posted here. It's probably best to debate the development of this area in its aggregate instead of one development at a time. There's so many of them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, development of a desirable place is inevitable. However, what is being talked about is the OVER development that will lead to changing a desirable place into a undesirable place, even for the resort town, let's get drunk and screw crowd.

So, let's change the argument from "no development vs. development" to "a good development plan vs. a bad development plan." A good plan is one that fits environmental constraints and a bad plan is one that doesn't.

The major environmental constraint in the Bahia Concepcion area and points north and south is the lack of fresh water. Another, if you wish to impose it, is the pollution of the gulf and surrounding countryside.

Has anyone totalled up the number of hotel rooms, houses, and golf courses that are planned between Puerto Escondido and Santa Rosalia?

Here's a start

Loreto Bay - 6000 houses, ?? hotel rooms, 2 golf courses

Fadesa - 6500 houses, 7000 hotel rooms, 4 golf courses

Estero Santa Barbara - ?? houses, ?? hotel rooms, 1 golf course

???

It is advantageous to folks on both sides of this debate to understand what's happening. If we ignore what's going on what will probably happen is something that nobody likes except the land developers and speculators who take their profits and move on, leaving a mess behind.

jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2007 at 02:11 PM

hea what happened to the rest of my post??

jerry and judi
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2007 at 04:33 PM

Could it be the magic word here is "Pyramid"? Only good this about this (and other projects) is if they are built halfway decent, they should put Loreto Nay out of business. Hogans went out years ago.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2007 at 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capn.sharky
Could it be the magic word here is "Pyramid"? Only good this about this (and other projects) is if they are built halfway decent, they should put Loreto Nay out of business. Hogans went out years ago.

Capt Sharky,

As an aside........Believe it or not Hogans are making a comeback. I spent 2 days recently on the Navajo Reservation and many Hogans are being built next to their existing homes.

Ken

[Edited on 7-16-2007 by tripledigitken]
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 08:26 AM

The Navajo summer homes, hogans, sweat houses and smoke houses have never been absent from their lifestyle. Especially after the Bur. of Indian Affairs built all those concrete block houses for them -- which equated to ovens -- by necessity, they needed their traditional summer houses built of green, leafy limbs as walls, providing shade and cooling as the moisture evaporates.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
The Navajo summer homes, hogans, sweat houses and smoke houses have never been absent from their lifestyle. Especially after the Bur. of Indian Affairs built all those concrete block houses for them -- which equated to ovens -- by necessity, they needed their traditional summer houses built of green, leafy limbs as walls, providing shade and cooling as the moisture evaporates.

Youre absolutely right. Given the choice in summer I would opt for the Hogan also. What I saw this last trip was some being constructed with modern techniques, frame studded walls and shingle roofs. Old ways with new technology.

Ken
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.