Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Concrete Patio Furniture
briantroy
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 04:30 AM
Concrete Patio Furniture

Does anyone know a place in TJ/Rosarito/Ensanada where I can buy an outdoor concrete patio table? I am thinking about one of those round ones with the curved benches. Any idea on what they run? I'm thinking $250 but I'm not sure. Thanks!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 06:08 AM
Furniture

take the free road south from Rosarito, plenty of vendors to choose from
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 06:55 AM

there sure was some NICE concrete tables with tile on top and the benches on the road to punta banta 2 weeks ago

they had palm trees and a beach scene
but they were $400

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 07:19 AM

All along both sides of the road between Puerto Nuevo and the AM/PM gas station just south of Playas de Rosarito (9 miles) there are at least 10 places. You have the right price, maybe a bit lower. Better have a vehicle and some strong folks (3) for unloading them.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 08:48 AM

From the Transpeninsular going from Endenada towards Maneadero, take a right at the light directing you to "Estero Beach." Follow that road till it leads you to two very large shops (on either side of the road, just before the Estero Beach Hotel entrance). They have excellent concrete furniture as well as many other locally-produced artifacts. One of the shops also has a nice collection of Oaxaca sculpture.

Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 09:08 AM

Bajamigo,

Is it Oaxacan clay sculpture they have in Estero Beach? I really love the work of the Aguilar family from Ocotlan and also Atzompa pottery. I don't see much of either in Baja, and sure would like to find a place to browse.

bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 09:11 AM

Paula, I'm not sure. It's a black, onyx-like material that they cut to look like lace and make solid, fluid figurines out of.
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 09:15 AM

Thanks, 'migo. It sounds interesting, but not the stuff I love. Guess I'll just have to go to Oaxaca again!

briantroy
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2007 at 06:59 AM

Thanks for all the answers. I appreciate the help. Because my condo patio is upstairs I have recently been advised, by my architect friend, to get a lighter version (don't want a collapse on the neighbors). Has anyone seen any lighter weight version readily available? Does anyone know if this cheaper in TJ/Rosarito/Ensenada?

Thanks!
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 7-22-2007 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by briantroy
Thanks for all the answers. I appreciate the help. Because my condo patio is upstairs I have recently been advised, by my architect friend, to get a lighter version (don't want a collapse on the neighbors). Has anyone seen any lighter weight version readily available? Does anyone know if this cheaper in TJ/Rosarito/Ensenada?

Thanks!

The cast aluminum sets are lighter and fit in a standard car. When in doubt, go to Lowe's or Home Depot and have an illegal help you carry it into your home. It will feel just like Baja without going there.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
loretohood

[*] posted on 7-26-2007 at 05:02 PM

I was in TJ a month ago and I was surprised to learn how inexpensive the concrete tables, benches, etc. were. I saw them in the artisan market on 2nd Street and Madero or Negrete one of the two streets. It is the big market a couple of blocks from Revolucion street on the way to the border.

If I am not mistaken for $200 - $250 you have the whole set. (i.e. table and benches).

Good Luck!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.