Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Good place in August?
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Those aren't sharks !! They're Dolphin !!!

Another example of locals hogging the lineup.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 08:02 PM

very cool photo of the dolphins, there is a bar off of Lopez Mateos where gray whales surf...actually, gray whale research on the west coast of Vancouver Island started as a result of surfers hangin 10 with the same grays every day and Jim Darling was just a kid surfer then and decided to be a famous marine biologist and study the BC coast grays....now, the local surf report...yesterday there were 4 surfers out at our local surf spot (will show you it when you get here...maybe!:lol:) Juan was catching halibut off the same beach so when you get tired of wiping out you can always fish. NOw, in August, your kids would love it here as lots of local kids surf, and if the south swell is present as it usually is in August, the kids can surf right in town! We'll hook em up with the neighbourhood kid surfers too who surf in front of jdtrotters casa. see ya in August!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 7-25-2007 at 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Say Woody, we seen this picture of you on the small wave a number of times.
It is a great shot that I have enjoyed and shared, trying to get surfing friends to Baja!!
But how come we don't ever see one of you on the big bad boy behind you ?? :biggrin:

I don't think it's Baja either, but I may be wrong.

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-25-2007 at 07:16 PM

Quote:

I don't think it's Baja either, but I may be wrong.

it is, and you are.....:light:

edit: there's much to be said for "cropping" all of the distinguishing landmarks from you fotos....:!:

[Edited on 7-26-2007 by woody in ob]

marek
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2007 at 02:58 PM

It looks like our trip is being postponed until late November. We plan on taking a couple of weeks and heading down right after the 1000.

I'm guessing that Scorpion Bay and East Cape will be pretty flat around then. Any other recommendations? It doesn't look like we'll make it out to the Abreojos area, but plan to spend some time around Conejos and south of there along the coast.

thanks
joel
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 05:33 PM

Good thing you didn't come down. It has been a crap summer for surfing. Scorpion Bay has had only one decent patch of surf in the past 6 (count them six) weeks. The past three days it hasn't even been rideable on my 10' 6".
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.