Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Directions Please! Blvd 2000 to the TJ Airport
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 06:05 PM
Directions Please! Blvd 2000 to the TJ Airport

well, the subject pretty much covers it. Please help!

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 08:09 PM

It may be clear in your mind, but just for the heck of it, do you mean as you are travelling north on 2000?

If yes, just follow the Tijuana signs until you see the Airport signs.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 08:50 PM

Easiest thing to do is just follow the signs pointing to the airport. It's pretty well marked. Trying to look at the road and go turn by turn would be much more complicated.

Ask someone on the street which way to get you started.

I've done it a half dozen times without a clue of what street I'm on.

[Edited on 7-24-2007 by JZ]
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 09:27 PM

What JZ said. 2000 goes a way east of Otay, but back to the border and the airport are cleary signed. And if things get tough, just follow the jets!!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 09:41 PM
Follow

The airplanes....................
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 7-24-2007 at 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
The airplanes....................

Bad idea, they don't follow the 2000 route. Following them would have you crashing into buildings very soon.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 7-24-2007 at 08:02 AM

It would be northbound. I've seen signs but never gone to the airport, only to the SENTRI lane.

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 7-24-2007 at 09:38 AM

If you know how to get to Blvd 2000 then just go to the end of it in Tijuana and you need to stay at the right lanes, the left ones lead to the toll road to Tecate, you'll see the signs that say that, and you'll know your in Tijuana because of the stop signs, before that there are none.
Once you're headed West, you will be on Blvd. Industrial and just keep going straight, you'll pass the signs for Otay border crossing, you'll pass a Gigante, Calimax, on the right you'll pass a Carls Jr, and the Hotel Bugambilias. Just past the Bugambilias Hotel you'll make a right, wich is clearly marked "Aeropuerto" (If you were by any chance to pass under a bridge, you've gone to far, go straight to the light and come back and you'll see signs that say "Aeropuerto" but this time it will be over the bridge). Once on that road, can't remember the name, it goes North and curves to the West and you'll get to the airport. To pick someone up or park, you'll go slightly past the terminal and then there is a U-turn with a light, you're there.
Now if you don't know how to get to the Blvd 2000 comming from Ensenada, "It is not on the Toll Road", you exit (for free) from the toll road at the Puerto Nuevo exit and take the free road north till Foxploration (it's no longer Fox Studios), were you'll make a right at Blvd 2000, be carefull on the part between Las Rocas and Calafia, there is a lot of road construction going on because of the widening of the hwy.
Now if I hav'nt confused you enough, here are maps from the Blvd 2000 to the airport.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2007 at 10:20 AM

Thanks for proving my point. Just follow the signs pointing to the airport and you'll be fine.

[Edited on 7-24-2007 by JZ]
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 7-24-2007 at 10:40 AM

Sorry JZ, I was just trying to help bajabound2005 so they don't have to do it so many times and still not know were they are
Quote:
Originally posted by JZ
I've done it a half dozen times without a clue of what street I'm on.

:rolleyes:

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
sylens
Senior Nomad

Mood: ando bajando

[*] posted on 7-24-2007 at 10:47 AM
wow

fdt, great photo maps! :o

i'm thinking that the suggestion to follow signs plus these maps to peruse ahead of time will be a great combo.:D

now bajabound2005 has no excuse to get lost.:bounce:

lili

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.