Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: A Way Out of the Immigration Mess
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
You know Dennis, it seems constantly you enjoy making not so friendly comments about Mexico, allways pointing out how bad its here and how its all just a big mess. I am not going to start a discussion with you here, but i just want you to know that at least me, finds it very uncomfortable to put it mildly to read all your negative comments about my country. Yes, some of the things you talk about are true, but not all by a long shot. Seems to me your angry about something, and its not probably Mexico since you choose to live here, so thats your problem. I am not saying talking bad about Mexico should not happen here, everybody has the right to complain about something that's affecting his or her life or livelihood, but man, your just non stop, with illegals, with drugs, with politicians, with remittances, my question to you is? is there anything about Mexico you like?

Jesse, I agree totally with your comments!! dennis is angry & miserable & doesn't care what he says to who...he just wants everyone to be as miserable as he is & he does a good job of stopping a lot of people from posting to many threads because of his critical, rude & thoroughly insensitive words. He IS capable of thoughtful comments, it's sad that he more frequently chooses to hide behind his right to express his opinion just like everyone else here...though most others are capable of doing it without constantly inflicting hurt on others, and angering the majority...he REFUSES to listen, believe or accept that fact that many find his words to be offensive. He simply will not or cannot understand; even when it's brought to his attention; how frequently and blatantly he crosses the line of civility & common human decency. dennis has no respect for anyone or anything other than dennis. We're all WRONG and he's right 110% of the time! If the only thing he likes about this beautiful country & it's awesome people is bacon wrapped hot dogs, maybe he should take that idea back to where ever he came from & set up his own little 'hate'ful bacon-wrapped hot dog stand!!

Jesse, I commend your restraint in the choice of words you chose to use here...just as I suspect that most who know me will be amazed at my restraint!:bounce:

Sorry dennis...simply stating my opinion as I also have a right to do...doubt you'll appreciate my opinion any more than most others appreciate your sentiments & the words you chose to state them in! But it is my right, and like you I stand on my right to freely express MY opinion.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by longlegsinlapaz

Sorry dennis...simply stating my opinion as I also have a right to do...doubt you'll appreciate my opinion any more than most others appreciate your sentiments & the words you chose to state them in! But it is my right, and like you I stand on my right to freely express MY opinion.

I very much repect your right to voice your opinion. It's gratifying as well that you choose to unload on me personally rather than my opinion. Maybe that means you agree with me. Oh well.....one can only hope.
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 08:01 AM

toneart, I am glad you are here, and I am glad Woody is here, I thought his comment about where is the fence was in jest, and I related to the poem. There are no boarders for my soul and mind.

Anyway, You got me thinking last night and this morning as to possible things to call the "Welcome Center", nope, I didn't like welcome center; to me when I hear that it reminds me of something’s out of a Sci-Fi movie, you know where they welcome you than put you away, fatten ya up and than eat you or something.

Also, wouldn't it be outstanding if the road went two ways, as in some kind of program that helped People from both sides gain legal employment no matter which side of the boarder they are coming from; "The North American Work Exchange Program"? Maybe, that is why I am slow to respond, nothing really jumps up at me and sez Ya that is what we can call it.

I think it would be more than 99% folks going North, but I really believe that it is so much more democratic if people from both sides of the boarder had the same rights. Of course, those folks foolish enough to want to work South of the boarder are few and far between, but, for the few looking to work and make their life on this side of the boarder, why shouldn't there exisit the same rights as for those that wanna go North?
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eli[/

I think it would be more than 99% folks going North, but I really believe that it is so much more democratic if people from both sides of the boarder had the same rights. Of course, those folks foolish enough to want to work South of the boarder are few and far between, but, for the few looking to work and make their life on this side of the boarder, why shouldn't there exisit the same rights as for those that wanna go North?

That would be nice!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eli

for the few looking to work and make their life on this side of the boarder, why shouldn't there exisit the same rights as for those that wanna go North?

I think it's all in place, Eli. There are many foriegners on both sides of the border working legally.
You're right though, Mexico is a good place to relax after the work years.

By the way....... Woody isn't kidding.
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 08:36 AM

Quote:

Jesse, I commend your restraint in the choice of words you chose to use here...just as I suspect that most who know me will be amazed at my restraint!:

Unfortunately, that restraint wasn't terribly evident. Jesse's post was well thought-out and elegantly stated. Piling on Dennis, I'm sure, wasn't his intent. We all have the right to express our opinions on this board, as you acknowledge, but it's a little irritating when people drop the why-don't-you-go-back-to-where-you-came-from bomb. It doesn't add much to the discourse.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 09:02 AM

Quote:
Quote:
You know Dennis, it seems constantly you enjoy making not so friendly comments about Mexico, allways pointing out how bad its here and how its all just a big mess. I am not going to start a discussion with you here, but i just want you to know that at least me, finds it very uncomfortable to put it mildly to read all your negative comments about my country. Yes, some of the things you talk about are true, but not all by a long shot. Seems to me your angry about something, and its not probably Mexico since you choose to live here, so thats your problem. I am not saying talking bad about Mexico should not happen here, everybody has the right to complain about something that's affecting his or her life or livelihood, but man, your just non stop, with illegals, with drugs, with politicians, with remittances, my question to you is? is there anything about Mexico you like?

Jesse, I agree totally with your comments!! dennis is angry & miserable & doesn't care what he says to who...he just wants everyone to be as miserable as he is & he does a good job of stopping a lot of people from posting to many threads because of his critical, rude & thoroughly insensitive words. He IS capable of thoughtful comments, it's sad that he more frequently chooses to hide behind his right to express his opinion just like everyone else here...though most others are capable of doing it without constantly inflicting hurt on others, and angering the majority...he REFUSES to listen, believe or accept that fact that many find his words to be offensive. He simply will not or cannot understand; even when it's brought to his attention; how frequently and blatantly he crosses the line of civility & common human decency. dennis has no respect for anyone or anything other than dennis. We're all WRONG and he's right 110% of the time! If the only thing he likes about this beautiful country & it's awesome people is bacon wrapped hot dogs, maybe he should take that idea back to where ever he came from & set up his own little 'hate'ful bacon-wrapped hot dog stand!!

Jesse, I commend your restraint in the choice of words you chose to use here...just as I suspect that most who know me will be amazed at my restraint!:bounce:

Like most women I have known, you lay-down the law, but it will never apply to you...in my opinion.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 09:18 AM
Finesse: not a strong suit here.

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
We could add that to the twelve billion spent in Iraq each month. Why not? We have nothing but money. We can't pay for veteran care or offer our students a well-rounded education or afford to build a mandated fence or.......well, the list goes on. But, these things don't matter, not when Mexico has to be built up to twenty first century standards.

Again, as in many of Dennis' posts, he makes some very good points. Millions spent everyday fighting a war we will soon pull out when the government could be helping people at home -- specifically, Vets! (Yes, Iraqi Vets are in the news again -- just can't seem to save them from falling between the cracks!) Same money could be building a fence and dealing with issues that directly effect the US. I'm a little cynical too. Maybe Dennis is alot cynical, and paints with broad strokes. That's all I'm getting here and like others, here, his points sometimes come across as rants. He's passionate, isn't he? I don't justify Dennis attacking people personally (and I've seen him do that) but that isn't the case here. Is there a perfect world out there? I don't think there is.

Quote:
dennis is angry & miserable....

he just wants everyone to be as miserable...

as he is & he does a good job of stopping a lot of people from posting....

his critical, rude & thoroughly insensitive words.....

it's sad that he more frequently chooses to hide behind his right to express his opinion just like everyone else here...

though most others are capable of doing it without constantly inflicting hurt on others, and angering the majority...

he REFUSES to listen, believe or accept that fact that many find his words to be offensive.

He simply will not or cannot understand;

how frequently and blatantly he crosses the line of civility & common human decency.

dennis has no respect for anyone or anything other than dennis....

We're all WRONG and he's right 110% of the time!

maybe he should take that idea back to where ever he came from & set up his own little 'hate'ful bacon-wrapped hot dog stand!

Sorry dennis...simply stating my opinion as I also have a right to do...doubt you'll appreciate my opinion any more than most others appreciate your sentiments & the words you chose to state them in!

But it is my right, and like you I stand on my right to freely express MY opinion.

What you have written above is ABSOLUTELY uncalled for. You have no right to attack Dennis when his post attacks systems that aren't working: Mexico and the US.

In one recent post that comes to mind, where you attacked Dennis personally, along with the views he expressed, he apologized to everyone. Maybe other's have forgiven him except you.

Quote:
You know Dennis... at least me, finds it very uncomfortable to put it mildly to read all your negative comments about my country.

Mexico and Baja is as much mine and Dennis' country as it is yours. You need to relax about Dennis and focus on the issues.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 09:19 AM
The Benefits (?) of Illegal Immigration.

Hazelton, PA is suffering from a dramatic influx of illegal immigrants and passed an ordinance which would have increased enforcement by local authorities. A circuit court judge has ruled against the law which will be appealed.

Discussing the decision, the Mayor noted that the town's population has increased by 50 %, but the income tax base remains unchanged, creating a disastrous economic situation.

Of course, he's probably just an angry, frustrated, racist misanthrope like ALL the rest who oppose Illegal Immigration.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 09:29 AM

In the news today, it looks like Senate leaders from both parties have al least agreed to add funding to continue closing the southern border in the pending Homeland Security Bill.

Far from becoming law, though...........

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
In the news today, it looks like Senate leaders from both parties have al least agreed to add funding to continue closing the southern border in the pending Homeland Security Bill.

Far from becoming law, though...........

I thought it was law. Did you mean, far from becoming reality?
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 12:57 PM

I personally don't mind Dennise's comments, what i don't like its that they are brought up here, in this board, a board i consider a conduit for understanding betwen Americans and Mexico. As many of you know, Baja is changing, you have thousands and thousands of people from southern Mexico moving up here, and those people are very different from locals. They don't care about the "rich gringo" living in his "mansion", and like most Mexicans from the mainland, think that foreigners are there for taking advantage of.

Truth is, the lifestyle of both Americans and Locals living here has gone south. Theres more crime, more scams, things are more expensive, etc etc so why in the world would we want to make things worse when we already have way to little of what Baja was all about?

I remember this used to be a board where we all came to get our Baja fix, to remember the sunsets, the water, the people, and all the good things about this beautiful land. It was sort of a Baja mini vacation that we all took everyday just for a few minutes, sitting at our computers, in the stressed out life of Tijuana, Los Angeles, or San Diego. I find that more and more i come here to get away, but more and more i find the same stuff i can read on the net, or the daily newspapers, all the anger, the frustation, and it makes me sad.

Anyways, i respect free speech, but like i said, if the water is getting scarce, why poison one of the few clean wells we have?

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 12:59 PM

Most of the funding that Bush and Congress promised for extending the border fencing (before the last Congressional elections; what a shock!) was never actually attached to a bill.

So, this is an attempt to fund more of it.

"Far from becoming law" because it would have to go to a House/Senate conference committee and also be signed by Bush. This was an amendment to a much larger HS bill and it is unclear whether the Bush administration will sign it.

latortugaguera
Banned

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 01:25 PM

Want to solve Baja’s problems for you?! Stay home don’t move here. Case closed. Simple as that.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 01:39 PM

Quote:
I personally don't mind Dennise's comments

Thanks Jesse............. I appreciate your above sentiment as well as the others in your post.
Our lives are different. Our opinions are molded from unsimiliar life experiences and I'm almost sure mine have been more messy than yours. For your sake, I hope so.

The Baja experience, for me, is held in a memory of what it used to be as well. I can't go anywhere without flashing back to a better tme in the same spot. The cultural differences and interchanges were night and day and the entire Penninsula was like being invited into someones home.

The hospility factor is little changed but everything else has moved along in the hands of time. Progress, I guess.

Our differences lie in the fact that I can't look at the past without seeing the present and future as well. Issues of today have to be addressed today and a strong sense of vigilance is required to maintain a memory of the past. I mean, how can one truly appreciate the past without being aware of today and tomorrow? Well, that's just me.

You, on the other hand, are able to lose yourself in the purity of the way it was. I envy you that. My visions of the past are burdened with a sense of loss.

Anyway.....Thanks.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 01:42 PM
Turtle Piles

Remember those T-Shirts that said "I'm With Stupid" ?

Turtle's says "I AM Stupid".

Her analogy of Gringos in Baja with ILLEGAL Immigrants in the U.S. lacks any intellectual thought at all.

The U.S. Citizens going South bring with them Positive Financial results.

Besides, I am a LEGAL resident.
latortugaguera
Banned

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 01:48 PM

MB thank you for the testimony (Ugly American). Now go drink some pepto-bismol.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 01:51 PM

Bill.......... Good one but, don't be too hard on La GÜERA. She just drops in occasionaly and says a thing or two. Usually it's about batting her eyes at a traffic cop and getting a free pass. I wish I could do that but, if I did, I'd probably get a black eye.
latortugaguera
Banned

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 01:54 PM

Personal offences, the only way some here know how to respond, specially when a woman is right.

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
I personally don't mind Dennise's comments

Thanks Jesse............. I appreciate your above sentiment as well as the others in your post.
Our lives are different. Our opinions are molded from unsimiliar life experiences and I'm almost sure mine have been more messy than yours. For your sake, I hope so.

The Baja experience, for me, is held in a memory of what it used to be as well. I can't go anywhere without flashing back to a better tme in the same spot. The cultural differences and interchanges were night and day and the entire Penninsula was like being invited into someones home.

The hospility factor is little changed but everything else has moved along in the hands of time. Progress, I guess.

Our differences lie in the fact that I can't look at the past without seeing the present and future as well. Issues of today have to be addressed today and a strong sense of vigilance is required to maintain a memory of the past. I mean, how can one truly appreciate the past without being aware of today and tomorrow? Well, that's just me.

You, on the other hand, are able to lose yourself in the purity of the way it was. I envy you that. My visions of the past are burdened with a sense of loss.

Anyway.....Thanks.

I remember about 10 years back i went tru a period of my life where i felt it was the worst ever. Its funny, but 10 years later, and i find myself realizing those times where actually pretty great and wishing i could go back so i could dealt with those situation with a totally different attitude.

You also hear from people who where here in the 60s saying the 80s where crap, and people from the 80s saying the 90s went to hell, and people from the 90s saying we are in hell today. But you know what? if you pay close attention to newcomers, 18 to 20 yr old kids who just moved here and are working in a Hotel, or Time Share, or whatever. And they seem to think this is the best time ever, wich leads me to understand that it is all in our heads and our incapacity to deal with change.

Everytime i feel things are worse than they where before, i remember that theres a whole new generation that thinks today is the best time ever, and i realize that its up to me to follow a positive attitude because a positive attitude moves tru time. It is only once you permit yourself to stop following that attitude and you simply grab on to the past, that you find yourself left behind.

The good thing is, you can climb back anytime you want.

Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.