Author: Subject: another view of the lot
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2007 at 01:05 PM

Did the wharehouse sell already?
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2007 at 09:30 PM

Prostitutes? I thought the dude who owns the warehouse was a, ahem, used car dealer.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Bajalover
Nomad

Mood: Strongly - Missing Baja

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 05:28 PM

Shari, is this a good spot to visit with an Airstream TT and hang out during the winter? This past winter I was at Daggetts in BOLA. Any input will help. tks. :bounce:

Sometimes you really do question; why you are and where you are.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajalover
Shari, is this a good spot to visit with an Airstream TT and hang out during the winter? This past winter I was at Daggetts in BOLA. Any input will help. tks. :bounce:

Yes, this would be a nice spot for a trailer.
Put up some privacy/wind wall and you will be all set.
The views of the water to the west and south will be endless.
There are numerous places to beach launch.
The fishing is MUCH better than Daggets area in the winter.
The town is very friendly and has all you will need.

Roasty
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2007 at 10:22 PM

Hold on a minute, these earlier postings remind me of the dyslexic irish pimp who moved to nevada and bought a warehouse......................I'll get me coat..............
chmaas

[*] posted on 9-30-2007 at 11:39 AM

Is this a lease on ejido land or a purchase? If it is a purchase is a fideocamisio available?
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2007 at 12:59 PM

from what I understand, a purchase with a fideocamiso.

chmaas

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 12:18 PM

I am interested in one of these lots but want to keep my costs to a minimum. I have a home in Mulege and as I recall I paid about $5,000 for the fideocamisio. Does anyone know of an alternative to paying $5,000 to get title to a $2,000 lot.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Charlie
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 12:23 PM

That is a really good question Charlie.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 12:57 PM

Trust, lease, contract or Mexican corporation.
Trusts must be separate for each property.
Leases are only legal for up to 10 years.
Contracts can be private, time share and others without transfer of fee ownership. (Some timeshares do transfer ownership).
If you plan to buy more than 1 property, you may want to form a corp.
You can live or vacation in a corp-owned home if you pay rent to the corp.
Corps can also hold vacant investment lands.
Got a friend with a Corp already set up that you trust ??

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chmaas
I am interested in one of these lots but want to keep my costs to a minimum. I have a home in Mulege and as I recall I paid about $5,000 for the fideocamisio. Does anyone know of an alternative to paying $5,000 to get title to a $2,000 lot.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Charlie

It is true that no matter what the price of the property here, the bank trust will be expensive ---percentage wise, it is A LOT more for cheaper property---but that is the way it is.

We just got our bank trust here for Bahia Asuncion and paid about $5500.00 which we think is about average?????

A question, about the corporation for owning larger land and other properties. Don´t they expect you to start making some money on the corporation within a certain amount of time??´ Really curious how that works.

Thanks,
Diane

chmaas

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 01:20 PM

Sounds like you could write a contract giving you exclusive permission to use the property in exchange for the asking price but not change ownership.
gibson
Banned

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 01:26 PM
si

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter

We just got our bank trust here for Bahia Asuncion and paid about $5500.00 which we think is about average?????
Diane

yep. right on the money.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 01:27 PM

This explanation by Shari from another post:

I will try to explain this...this area until recently didn't have a plan so everyone just built their houses where they wanted and no one had a title to the property...so in the last few years the village came up with a plan and everyone just put rocks or fences around where their houses were so determine the lot lines...so these people can sell the houses but they don't own the land so if you buy a house from them...you now have to buy the lot too which means it never had a title so they have to come and measure it and make a brand new title in your name or whoever you decide to put it in. This paperwork all costs around a $100 to do and can be done at the village office here..but is much easier and cheaper than buying a lot that already has a title. A lot with title you hae to go to a Notary to change the title over to you and you need an evaluation, and some letters, and it costs more. What some friends of ours have done is buy now while prices are still cheap and they just sit on it until they retire...or rent it out. The property taxes are cheap...like 200 pesos a year or something like that. So hte house has its price and so does the lot....I hope this clears things up

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 01:45 PM

"A question, about the corporation for owning larger land and other properties. Don´t they expect you to start making some money on the corporation within a certain amount of time??´ Really curious how that works. "

BandS are experts on this but, yes, if you are a corporation you have to do business.

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 02:07 PM

As Judy says B&S know more than I but I understand that you can form the corp and then essentially leave it inactive until you develope. No monthly accounting fees for inactive corps also.
I'm not sure what the time limits, if any, are for being inactive; Bob ?

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-2-2007 at 08:17 AM

Just a note on this thread, the lot in question is not available any more, the owner is gonna hang onto it and lease it to someone with an RV for now.

[Edited on 10-2-2007 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
rob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2007 at 11:16 AM

Linda Neill wrote this in the "Baja Insider" 25 July 2007.

"The Mexican corporation as a vehicle for acquisition of “restricted” property: Under the 1993 Foreign Investment Law, a corporation established in Mexico is considered Mexican under the law, even if all shareholders are foreign. Thus a Mexican corporation with 100% foreign ownership can acquire property in the restricted zone. This applies only to non-residential property: such as a hotel, restaurant or other type of business. It is a violation of the foreign investment law to place a retirement or vacation home in the name of a Mexican corporation."

Paladin
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2007 at 01:21 PM

A question in general about lots in Asuncion...it seems some of has an owner of the house but the Town still owns the land...then it appears some of the homeowners have already bought the land and are selling "both" so to speak.

Who/how does the pricing of the lot if it is still owned by the Town???

If my son owned 100% of a Mexican corp, could the corp buy a couple of lots (under 2000 sq meters) and just hold them?

I'm assuming the corp would have clear title or as much if an individual could going through a Fideo????

I'm also assuming thaT IF THE CORP BOUGHT A PIECE OF PROPERTY MORE THAN 2000 SQ METERS THEN THERE MIGHT BE SOME DOLLAR AMOUNT THAT HAS TO BE SPeNT ON IMPROVEMENTS?? (sorry for caps..big fingers)

If the corp wanted a piece of property that was 3000 sq meters, could the seller divide into two pieces both under 2000 sq meters and then sell without any improvement requirements???

Thanks
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-13-2007 at 10:40 AM

Before you could just build your house anywhere...now the village has a plan so if you buy a house(most don't own their land or have a title) you have to buy the land under it too....you buy it from the municipality.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.