Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: OK What now governor?
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 08:07 AM
OK What now governor?

I am just now taking interest and learning about Mexican Politics...
so please bear with me.
The corrupt Hank is gone...but what do you expect from Osuna?
I take this election as a full sweep by PAN...right? does that help or what? Can we expect this to have an impact on BC corruption?

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 08:41 AM

Osuna Millan is very tight with Felipe Calderon, which I think bodes well for the state. It's good to have friends in high places.

We'll see what happens, but the corrupt nature of Mexican officialdom occurred while the PRI was in charge, what 80 years? The PAN politicians seem to be more enlightened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Guadalupe_Osuna_Mill%...

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

puzzled.gif posted on 8-6-2007 at 10:11 AM

Is this only a Baja Norte election , or is there a governor's election in Baja California Sur also ?
:?:
- CaboRon

oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 10:18 AM

Only three states had elections yesterday:

Aguascalientes, Baja California, and Oaxaca.

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
Is this only a Baja Norte election , or is there a governor's election in Baja California Sur also ?
:?:
- CaboRon

Every state has its own elections every 6 years, the present Baja California Sur state government took office in 2005 so they will have a new gov in 2011 and it's in April as far as I remember. local government is every 3 years, so 2008 is for mayors.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Al G
so please bear with me.
I take this election as a full sweep by PAN...right? does that help or what? Can we expect this to have an impact on BC corruption?

Almost none, the balance has been acheived on a large scale throughout Mexican ( and American) culture. The short-sighted corruption is balanced with biting the investment and tourism hand that feeds them. Small steps toward a more transparent gov't will occur but do not expect much in a short time frame.
On a side note, I have a personal philosophy about corrupt gov't practices in Mexico and other third world countries. I almost enjoy the blatent, display of it all. It is liberating in a sense to get lost in the seediness of it all. I guess that is why people go to Las Vegas, and watch the Sopranos. Of course I might feel differently if I was to become a victim of something stemming from these problems, or was born there and trying to build a life in that environment.
Sorry for rambling

Fly low, land on roads.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 02:49 PM

Six more years of the same-ol same-ol. That's the way it has been and that's the way it will be and that's the shame of it all.
I guess we can hope.......
Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Six more years of the same-ol same-ol. That's the way it has been and that's the way it will be and that's the shame of it all.

Loss of hope (desire) can be liberating and make you realize what you have.
Of course when your mom walks in the basement and you rush to hide your bong so that she can berate you for not having a job you may have gone to far...

Fly low, land on roads.
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 02:57 PM

Loreto is electing a new municipal president (mayor). Yesterday was the primary; I believe there were four PAN guys running. One PRD candidate has no primary opponent and will face the PAN primary winner early next year, I think. There was no PRI candidate, but in Loreto there is talk of an alliance between the PRI and PAN parties for this election for mayor and deputy.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cap

Yeah, right. The problem is that viewing Mexican politics is an excercise in hope or futile acceptance which doesn't translate to an epiphany. It is what it was and will be.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 03:13 PM
Cap

has it dead on...................sadly our own guys and gals are becoming almost as open in their contempt of the citizens as the 'other' third world counry's..................I believe that it is the 'attitude' that makes any nation a third world one............and both of our party's distain the voters is over the top. :(:(:(:(

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 03:21 PM

Bernie......... Attitudes don't define third world countrys.
Other than that, I have no idea what you're talking about up there.
Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cap

Yeah, right. The problem is that viewing Mexican politics is an excercise in hope or futile acceptance which doesn't translate to an epiphany. It is what it was and will be.

I know it is frustrating, but there is beauty there. If you think about it I'll bet there are things you enjoy about the "process" or its manifestations. Where else can you pay your speeding tickets off, right with the officer that issued them. So what if you weren't actually speeding. The service is what counts.
There are many other services available in Mexico (that I won't mention )that are a direct result of the culture of corruption.
At the risk of rumors flying about Bernie and I, he is right as rain; Attitude is everything! (good to hear from you friend)

Fly low, land on roads.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
has it dead on...................sadly our own guys and gals are becoming almost as open in their contempt of the citizens as the 'other' third world counry's

Bernie, you can't be serious. :rolleyes:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cap
There are many other services available in Mexico (that I won't mention )that are a direct result of the culture of corruption.
At the risk of rumors flying about Bernie and I, he is right as rain; Attitude is everything! (good to hear from you friend)

If you want to support anarchy, go ahead and do it. Don't keep it a secret. Tell us about the benefits of corruption. We all would benefit from your..uh...philosophy. Evidently it involves patronization which I wish you would keep to yourself from now on.

Bernie should be burning your eyeballs out with scatheing U2Us about me by now. That's his usual method here.

[Edited on 8-6-2007 by DENNIS]

[Edited on 8-6-2007 by DENNIS]
Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 04:35 PM

Are you sure your mood is tranquilo?
I am joking in these posts, I thought I was funny, I was wrong...
It is ok though, my life is sweeet! And I can tell you in all seriousness that living well is the best revenge.

Fly low, land on roads.
Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cap
Quote:

Of course when your mom walks in the basement and you rush to hide your bong so that she can berate you for not having a job you may have gone to far...

I re-read this post...c'mon that is a little funny.

Fly low, land on roads.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cap
Quote:
Originally posted by Al G
so please bear with me.

Almost none, the balance has been acheived on a large scale throughout Mexican ( and American) culture. The short-sighted corruption is balanced with biting the investment and tourism hand that feeds them. Small steps toward a more transparent gov't will occur but do not expect much in a short time frame.

The one I thought was joking was Al G because I think he has been around more than long enough to know the answer to his own question...............The quote by Cap that I left in is what I agree with.........the rest of his was just silly BS.

Sorry Dennis...................for offending your so closely held sincerities.

Dave, My friend ......what part did you believe I was not serious about?

Dennis..............forgot...........no burning U-2-U's............heck not any of any kind.

Oh! Yes, attitude is primary with me and yours is beginning to get to me.......I thought we had grown past that.............

If you remember, I was very supportive of you at one time and THEN I did get a bunch of email and lost a couple of friends over that support.

Now, why don't you relax and play nice!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cap
Are you sure your mood is tranquilo?
I am joking in these posts, I thought I was funny, I was wrong...
It is ok though, my life is sweeet! And I can tell you in all seriousness that living well is the best revenge.

Yes, funny! Thanks for the levity, Cap.

Come to think of it, thank all of you for the levity, inadvertent or not. :lol:

Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 10:08 PM
Last post

I am going to make this my last post on this board. I am pretty new here, and I thought it would be cool to see, and hear some shared experiences of like minded people. I have met some truly wonderful people in the past in other forums, and even made life long friends. The bickering, and general lack of humor has soured me from this place. I am not bored, scared, self important, dillusional, or argumentative. Life is good, travel and new experience makes it great! I wish everyone good living.
Cheers,
-cap

Fly low, land on roads.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.