Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Architect / General Contractor in Loreto
bajameerkat

[*] posted on 8-23-2007 at 10:58 PM
Architect / General Contractor in Loreto

Hello,

Does anyone recommend an architect and/or general contractor in Loreto?

We purchased a lot in Nopolo and we'd like to build soon (once the fideicomiso is done...).
capitolkat
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2007 at 01:25 PM

I can help you in La Paz- but Loreto?

Life is too short to drink bad wine
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2007 at 01:30 PM

Ditto....La Paz, si, but not Loreto. Hmmmmmm....maybe you oughta sell in Loreto & buy in La Paz instead! ;)
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 8-24-2007 at 05:12 PM
Contact in Santa Rosalia...

Hi bajameerkat,

Perhaps I can help.

I know an Architect in Santa Rosalia. He does work in Mulege and I believe in Loreto as well.

Send me a U2U or e-mail me to give you the his contact information if you are interested.

BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is so much more than a dream..."

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
Baja_Girl
Nomad

Mood: suavidad

[*] posted on 8-25-2007 at 08:01 AM

contact Bajabird...he has just finished building a beautiful home in Loreto.
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 8-25-2007 at 09:18 AM
YES, My neighbor

Hello bajameerkat,

Jesus Cortez on Callejon Pipila. Great guy, excellent architect, totally professional, speaks perfect English, and well regarded by locals (both native and us transplants).

Jesus is my neighbor. Please tell him that his neighbor David Hunt (Calle Pipila, white block fence with red gate) referred you.

I've seen his work in many phases. He is the guy we will use when we're ready to take the next steps. (in a year or so).

Jesus Cortez, Callejon Pipila, El Centro, Loreto, BCS, MX.
phone 135 0281 (local) 52 613 first if dialing from US, (I think).

Best wishes. David Hunt & Huihsin Chung. Hopeto meet you one day soon. We'll be down in Nov. again.

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2007 at 09:35 AM

We have no personal experience with a Loreto architect. We did our own "designs" with pen and paper and had a local contractor (Martín Sanchez) help and do the construction. Simple buildings.

Jesus Cortez seems to be the most prominent local architect; we have friends who used him and they are very happy. He does good work. Probably the choice if you want a really elegant place.

There are a couple of new people in town but I don't kow much about them. We're in the states right now so I can't look them up. But I'd try Cortez first. He's got a web site:

http://www.jcortesl.com/

bajameerkat

[*] posted on 8-25-2007 at 03:58 PM

Thanks everyone for responsing to my post. I received many recommendations for Jesus Cortes - I believe reputations are generally earned (good or bad), so we'll get in contact with Mr. Cortes.

Don, you are the second person that also mentions Martin Sanchez in a positive light - thanks.

By the way, my wife and I created a site on Loreto with a few videos and pictures you might be interested in:

http://loreto.ehuna.org/

Not much yet, but once we start building I hope to post a lot more.
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 8-26-2007 at 07:28 AM

Only problem with Jesus, is that due to his great work and reputation, he is also very busy. Plan on a long lead time if you want to use him. Otherwise, he is the greatest!

( Don't even thing about using him as a builder, he's years out.)
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 8-27-2007 at 07:33 AM

I do NOT recommend electrica Gonzalez. This so called electrician Marcos Gonzalez will send in a crew of inexperienced idiots and use garbage second hand wiring and hardware he got out of the dumpster at Loreto Bay and basically allow these clowns to botch the job while he goes off drinking at your expense. Caused me a lot of headaches and not to mention money and I certainly don´t mind NOT sending him any future business.
tuna stick
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2007 at 12:35 PM

We are currently building in Loreto. We are using San Bruno Construtores,they are located across from the Pemex on Juarez. Our architect/builder is Jaime Card##as. We are very happy with his design and workmanship,can't wait to move in! His e-mail is james_rsb@yahoo.com.mx He speaks good English,and is a pleasure to work with.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.