BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: La Paz to Ensenada de Muertos (AKA Bahia de Los Suenos) (AKA The Bay of Dreams)
BajaBruno
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-1-2007 at 05:53 PM
La Paz to Ensenada de Muertos (AKA Bahia de Los Suenos) (AKA The Bay of Dreams)

I'm lousy at embedding photos and stuff, so this trip report, including photos of the Giggling Marlin launch ramp, is here:

http://www.bajabruno.com/tripreport.html

Lots of photos, so it loads a little slow on my connection.

Christopher Bruno, Elk Grove, CA.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-1-2007 at 07:02 PM

I haven't been down there for awhile now.

I like the area quite a bit.

The highway # is 286.

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 07:31 AM
thx Bruno, tell me -

how far from the airstrip to the giggling marlin area, i guess on the road?

any signs of the hotel or casas going up yet?

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
BajaBruno
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 07:41 AM

Capt Mike, the airstrip is on the dirt side road to Punta Arena, so I'll guess that is maybe five+ miles from the Giggling Marlin. I didn't see anything that looked like a hotel near the Gig Marlin, but some huge casas were completed and being built all around that area.

Doug, thanks for the info. I'll update the report and hope I don't crash it in the process. What I know about web publishing you could fit in a broken shot glass.

akbear
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 10:32 AM

Capt. Mike,

We stoped in The Gig Marlin in June for lunch. We had the Ladies aboard with 3 other boats,14 people total. The new thing to do in Los Barriles.

A lot of big, new homes. This is the site for the Hotel & plans for the for the area south of GM. Hotel & 4or 5 homes already there.

http://www.bahiadelossuenos.com

akbear
akbear
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 10:41 AM

Here is another look at plans for Bahai de los Suenos Resort.

http://www.landscapeoffice.com/portfolio/bahia_del_los_sueno...

akbear

[Edited on 9-3-2007 by akbear]
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBruno
I'm lousy at embedding photos and stuff, so this trip report, including photos of the Giggling Marlin launch ramp, is here:

http://www.bajabruno.com/tripreport.html

Lots of photos, so it loads a little slow on my connection.
Thanks Bajabruno your reports brings me memories,a few years I was in las paz and planned to go to Cabos but I took the wrong turn and end up going in this road to bahia de los suenos.I stop a local and he told me about a road that goes to San antonio over the mountains,he take this road and you will get back to the right road in San Antonio, indee lost in all it was a good trip,thanks for remind me that again.BAJACAT

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 03:07 PM

BajaBruno,

Thank's for the trip report. How was the fishing ?

CaboRon

BajaBruno
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 04:00 PM

CaboRon, I made that trip a month ago--it took me this long to figure out how to post something on my website! Hahaha! I'm not much of a web author.

I fished the following day and landed one nice striper 4.5NM from the ramp. Nothing after that. It was windy and the sea state was very lumpy. All of the action this summer, however, or what action there has been, has been off the south end of Cerralvo. As we discussed in another thread, I don't want to launch there by myself, so I haven't been able to get down there without a long ride from Pichilingue.

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 04:58 PM

Oh Christopher,
Thank you for this nice little sojourn to one of my favorite spots, such a beautiful little bahia. This same trip was the last and most memorable of the day trips I took with my dear friend Tucker (a now deceased Nomad) and for that reason your report/photos especially touched my heart. Thank you very much.

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 05:27 PM

I was at Bahia De Muertos a couple of weeks ago, there is a hotel about 1 mile from the marlin, rooms $800-$20,000 per nite. I talked to the surveyor he said there would be a golf course, marina and of course houses, cheapest lots $ 350,000 the 2.5 acre lot east of the marlin is 2.5 mil. If you buy land does that give you the right to name the adjacent water?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-3-2007 at 08:05 AM

the developer, a partner in the Giggling Marlin Cabo, had his C 206 stolen off that strip at gunpoint last year or the year before.
they were using the plane for routine transport and for shuttling folks from Cabo to preview lots. Guess he had no qualms about forking over the keys with a rifle in his face.

that development will do fine but fliers will want 24/7 security at the strip that far from one's home. Expensive homes and lots - those who can .... will.
after all, the good lots are all but gone at Pescadero and Cabo-Los cabos areas.
many of those buyers and future hotel guests drive biz jets, how convenient not to have to go to Los Cabos! gotta love rarified air.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 9-3-2007 at 08:38 AM

I would not be honest if i said i am not a little more than envious. Ah, to have unlimited spending cash ! :lol::lol:

Hope they can afford securtiy for that airstrip. :bounce:

- CaboRon

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-3-2007 at 09:20 AM

Boy do I owe somebody big time, We stayed at Muertos every winter for over ten years, I knew I was living in paradise but I didn't think that expensive.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2007 at 06:24 PM

Yeah, I wonder if I could go back and pay more for the great camping that used to be. This was one of my favorite spots in the whole world until Gary from the Giggling Marlin stole it.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2007 at 06:34 PM

Cat
That road to San Antonio is really interesting with all the stone walls, it kinda looks like Europe. You can still see the rails that carried the goodies from San Antonio to Bahia de Los Muertos(sorry it will never be the bay of dreams to me). It has got to be bad booty to change a name so dramatically!
I am looking for a great photo that I took years ago. It was the first highway sign I ever saw on a dirt road.
Bruno, thanks for the memories
:dudette:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.