Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Asuncion trip/fish report
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-11-2007 at 08:21 AM

My dear cypress...just to let you in on our life here...Juan has a sister who's daughter has been through hell and back with throat cancer ( a young non smoker) and they have a very large family. All "excess" fish goes to her which she used to make machaca which she sells to school kids at lunch (instead of them eating junk food) or to visitors or to feed their family. Whenever Juan gets back from fishing there is a line up of amigos to help take care of the excess fish which feeds their family, there are a lot of families who do not fish but are very poor and LOVE it when we give them fish. I'm sure if you met our amigos who really NEED this fish you would change your tune. Like Chato, a very old man who's only income was fishing from his rowboat which got wrecked in last years hurricaine so he's REALLY in need. So we try to distribute our excess to these folks instead of feeding the fat sealions with released fish.
Now, about the land deal, it was an extreme pleasure helping bajaboy and Zoe find their casita because unlike most gringos, they didn't HAVE to be on the beach but now have a sweet little casita way in the back of town with lovely hills behind them for mountain biking and walking and have terrific neighbours and are only a block up from the new plaza. I know they arent' buying for an investment but for their personal enjoyment. They will have years of felizidad and immersion in our lovely village and I know will give back more to our community than they take....I can't wait to much on that organic lettuce Zoe...hurry down.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 9-11-2007 at 09:24 AM

shari Sorry to hear of the family health problems. My sentiments regarding the giving away of excess fish were directed towards the affluent so-called "sports" fisherman that takes 2 or 3 hundred pounds of fish then gives them to any and all takers, regardless of need or circumstances. :( Enjoy the fishing reports, pics, etc. that you and your visitors post from Ascuncion.:yes:
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2007 at 09:33 AM

I totally agree that in some areas, the sportsfishermen take too much just for fun and possibly some gets wasted...but that is definately NOT the case here so I'm glad you understand. I had no idea that Juan's fishing charters were going to have such a positive outcome for so many locals here in spinoff benefits but I sure feel good about it. I urge all our future visitors to not bring so much of their own food...Juan's sister is a fabulous cook and can cater to your rental casita...fresh, hot, economical, wonderful food made with love and will really help out with her medical bills! Win win situation.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-11-2007 at 07:15 PM

Unless a Nomad is a personal friend or acquaintance maybe one should not 'throw stones' at what he shares with us.

Constant negative comments thrown at Nomads who take time to post their trip stories will only end this great feature of Baja Nomad and chase others away.

If you don't have something nice to say, then don't... Some respect for your fellow Nomads would be welcome... I mean, Baja Nomads are people who love Baja. Perhaps we have different things we love about Baja... but it is 'Baja' that we have in common here.

If you know of an issue that might be harmful to our beloved Baja, then by all means post about it... but please don't pass judgement on other Nomads if you don't know them or weren't even there...

PEACE, LOVE and FISH TACOS... right???:spingrin::D:light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 9-11-2007 at 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Another fisherman asked if we would trade a 'tail for a white seabass and we did.
Zac

Good trade Kimosabe!

Nice report Zac...6 yellows aint jack, well iguess technically it is:D, dont let anybody tell you your taking to many if your giving it away to people who will eat it..Unless your taking over limit. Going to the Thetis Bank and bringing home half a dozen cow tunas, now that's a waste.(edit) AND IS LAME!!(probably fun pulling on ONE of those 200# pluser's)
When I give away a nice piece of fresh fish and ask later how it was and get, " uh, I froze it for later"......Off the list!

Good points DK

[Edited on 9-13-2007 by Tomas Tierra]
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 10:04 AM

We really enjoyed baking the white sea bass we traded and so did the guys who got the YT...we were all happy and full.
David is right...I have met many lurkers who won't post for fear of being jumped on...too bad cause they are real nice folks with different points of view that would be worthwhile hearing. Lighten up folks and try to stay positive or at least constructive.

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 10:19 AM

Thanks for the positive comments all. I realize we all have different opinions and some times it's just best to keep them to ourselves. I really enjoy reading about people's adventures, experiences, and trips. I often think to myself that I might have done something different but that's the beauty of reading about another person's trip. It's was their experience and not mine.

Keep on sharing and let's stay positive. Different strokes.....

Thanks again Amigos!

Zac

Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 10:25 AM

shari, DK and anybody else that cares to read this, I'm all about different points of view.;D Who decides whether my point of view is negative? :?: Have seen fisheries depleted to the point of no return thru overfishing. Would catch over 1,000lbs of snapper before noon and now the limit is 2 fish/day. :) Never thought there'd be any end to 'em. I was wrong.:no:
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 10:35 AM

Cypress,

I just wanted to say that I understand where you're coming from and fully support your thoughts on this matter. I didn't post because this subject has been discussed ad nauseum and nobody's mind will be changed. I do, however, support your right to express your views, whether I agree with them or not, and I don't consider that bashing.

David,

The board already has a board moderator and his name isn't DavidK. Please don't try to fufill that role. Also, don't speak for the forum because I, for one, don't agree with you on this.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 10:51 AM
Bajaboy

John and I welcome you to our neck of the woods. Look forward to meeting your mother. Can't enjoy your pictures as this dial up at the Internet Cafe is reaaaaaaaaaaaal slow. When will any of you be back down?

Good luck and welcome

John and Diane

Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 10:53 AM

Great report Zac. I got hooked on your Picasa site and spent an hour wandering around all your photos. Wonderful!! You know how to live :)

++Ken++
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 11:19 AM

Ken-I'm slowly migrating all my photos to Picasa. Check back for more Baja photos. And I enjoy your photos as well. I used to fish out of Morro Bay quite a bit.

Diane-my mom and I are headed back down either the end of Oct or first week of November. Hopefully our paths will cross then.

Zac

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Unless a Nomad is a personal friend or acquaintance maybe one should not 'throw stones' at what he shares with us.

Constant negative comments thrown at Nomads who take time to post their trip stories will only end this great feature of Baja Nomad and chase others away.

If you don't have something nice to say, then don't... Some respect for your fellow Nomads would be welcome... I mean, Baja Nomads are people who love Baja. Perhaps we have different things we love about Baja... but it is 'Baja' that we have in common here.

If you know of an issue that might be harmful to our beloved Baja, then by all means post about it... but please don't pass judgement on other Nomads if you don't know them or weren't even there...

David....

This was a fine thread to read until you stepped in. I was enjoying a perfectly swell trip report and discussion, when you came along and killed any feeling I was having about, ahem, peace/love/fish tacos.

Please stop moralizing to the rest of us.... at least until someone dies and makes you god.

Thank you,

Natalie Ann

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 12:50 PM

Skipjack Joe, Natalie and Bajaboy Thanks. :tumble: It was not my intention to jump on anybody. Thought I'd myself clear and don't appreciate getting piled on. Bear in mind, these seemingly unlimited supplies of fish are far more limited than we want to believe.:(
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 01:26 PM

Cypress, I think you articulated your point just fine. There are greedy self centered people everywhere. Some are fish hogs, others are forum hogs and a few are chicken hogs.;D :lol:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
It was not my intention to jump on anybody.

you called him "Lame"........hmmmmm.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Natalie Ann
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Unless a Nomad is a personal friend ...................................................................................................................................................... ..................................

David....

This was a fine thread to read until you stepped in. I was enjoying a perfectly swell trip report and discussion, when you came along and killed any feeling I was having about, ahem, peace/love/fish tacos.

Please stop moralizing to the rest of us.... at least until someone dies and makes you god.

Thank you,

Natalie Ann

Nena,
I coudn't agree more !
Someday we will meet and make beautiful music together ! :biggrin:

Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 03:11 PM

Tomas Tierra Lame? Just figure of speech.:D No insult intended. :?:Ever heard of "grasping at straws"?:?:
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Tomas Tierra Lame? Just figure of speech.:D No insult intended. :?:Ever heard of "grasping at straws"?:?:

Yeah, I see that every time someone whips out a bag of coke.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 03:39 PM

Sharksbaja:spingrin:
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.