Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: BERNIE BOOK TRILOGY...
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 09:30 PM
BERNIE BOOK TRILOGY...

Finally Im done reading all these three books and oh man so much to learn,you have to be a sponge to soak all the information narrated by Bernie, sharing some good history and personal experiences.My favorite one is YOU THINK YOU KNOW BAJA,It provide alot information for the BAJA aficionado,Thanks Bernie for sharing your life with us..Right now Im starting to read Michael Humfreville,IN THE SHADOW OF THE VOLCANO,like david kier says SO MUCH BAJA SO LITTLE TIME.....

[Edited on 9-15-2007 by BAJACAT]

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2007 at 07:37 PM

What are you guys reading now...?

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-15-2007 at 02:25 PM
Thanks Bajacat

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-15-2007 at 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT

Playboy. but strictly for the articles......:o

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2007 at 07:13 PM

I am reading a book called "The Wrong Hostage" which so far has taken place in La Jolla, Tijuana and Ensenada.

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2007 at 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT

Playboy. but strictly for the articles......:o
I remember one time reading the word Baja on Playboy,I think it was Naked bunnies in Cabo Baja...

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-16-2007 at 02:56 PM

I'm just finishing, "Lone Survivor" by an American SEAL team member. Excellent!

Also reading:

Travels in the Interior of Mexico--in Baja California and around the Sea of Cortes...1825,1826, 1827, & 1828 by Lieutenant R.W.H. Hardy, Royal Navy

Also a very good book but a little stilted because............well that is the way the British wrote back then.

[Edited on 9-16-2007 by Baja Bernie]

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2007 at 10:32 AM

Donne with IN THE SHADOW OF THE VOLCANO..don't know what to read next still have a few Baja books left that i bought in the Pyramid book signing event . Mike H. tells a good story in his book about how you can sumerge your self in a totally diferent world and how to learn to love it.

Sunman
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2007 at 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie

Also reading:

Travels in the Interior of Mexico--in Baja California and around the Sea of Cortes...1825,1826, 1827, & 1828 by Lieutenant R.W.H. Hardy, Royal Navy

Also a very good book but a little stilted because............well that is the way the British wrote back then.

[Edited on 9-24-2007 by Sunman]
Sunman
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2007 at 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie

Sweet, glad to hear that...I just picked up Lone Survivor for my upcoming two weeker in Baja, been trying hard to keep my hands off it until then!

[Edited on 9-24-2007 by Sunman]
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2007 at 10:34 PM

Made up my mind, and started reading STILL GOING BLISSFULLY LOST IN THE BAJA BY BARB THACKER

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-24-2007 at 05:37 PM

'Black Robes in Lower California' by Peter Dunne, S.J. c1968 about the Jesuits and their missions in Baja California (1697-1768).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Gnome-ad
Nomad

Mood: Okey-Dokey

[*] posted on 9-24-2007 at 05:54 PM

Reading the second book in a trilogy (friend loaned me the second one first, but it doesn't really matter). The Trilogy is "Memory of Fire" by Eduardo Galeano. This one is "Faces & Masks" and is short vignettes of mostly American history (only a very few concern Canada or the US of A). Very poetic. Not the “normal” history as taught in school, much more personal and tragic.

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well. - Ancis

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.