Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: OFF ROAD EXPO, Pomona Oct. 6-7
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-2-2007 at 10:20 AM
OFF ROAD EXPO, Pomona Oct. 6-7

A great show... lots for the Baja dirt road traveler or racer!

The nationally renowned Off-Road Expo presented by Toyota is back to Southern California!

As the biggest off-road extravaganza in the country it is the best place to see all things off-road.

Baja 40th Anniversary display
Band Schedule
M.O.B. FMX — Freestyle Motocross
Bully Dog Diesel Dyno Shootout

Baja 40th Anniversary display
For the first time ever, the expo is home to an area dedicated to the history and future of the world famous Baja 1000 race, which takes place every November in Baja, Mexico.

This year marks the 1000 mile race’s 40th anniversary and to celebrate its rich history, race producer SCORE has created a display showcasing numerous historical vehicles, as well as pictures, videos and trophy cases from all 40 years! SCORE radio will also be broadcasting from the display with special appearances by Baja 1000 racers.

This year’s race festivities kick off November 10, in Tijuana and culminate November 16, in Cabo San Lucas and as a special surprise to all in attendance, SCORE will be announcing this year’s race route live at the expo – a can’t miss feature for desert racing fans!

Plus come for the social atmosphere with thousands of other off-road lovers to share your passion and have fun with the added features.

LOWEST TICKETS AVAILABLE ONLINE!

M.O.B. FMX — Freestyle Motocross
Sponsored by 96.7 KCAL
King among Extreme Sports fans, Freestyle Motocross features riders launching 70 feet through the air while performing an arsenal of insane aeriel tricks that can only be described as "amazing".

The M.O.B. FMX have established themselves as the new force in FMX as they have taken the show tour to a whole new level. The show format affords spectators high energy entertainment as the riders are consistently stepping it up for the crowds.
Where - Broadway

RC Races and Crawlers
For the RC enthusiasts there are two places to go. On Redwood, Cen Racing demonstrates the traditional style RC racing with professional drivers taking their scale models of the vehicles they drive in real life through all the turns of the RC course. In Building 8, RCP Crawlers brings you RC vehicles racing and crawling up, around and over the rock course just like the big buggies outside. It's a true test of one's ability to delicately yet quickly work the controls to victory. Both places will be a thrill of RC fun and action.
Where - Redwood and in Building 8

UROC Racing
The United Rockcrawling and Off-Road Challenge (UROC) Skyjacker Pro RockCross Nation race is the second stop in a new breed of off-road motorsport that combines technical rock crawling with head-to-head racing. Over two dozen racers will compete throughout the weekend allowing thousands of fans to get an up-close view of all the action.
Where– The infield of the race track adjacent to the Toyota FJ Cruiser Ride and Drive.

Pro Comp Tires Military Build - Sponsored by 97.1 KLSX
Pro Comp Tires, working with Pro Comp Suspension and 4 Wheel Parts want to say thank you to two deserving soldier’s stationed at Camp Pendleton. The soldier’s personal vehicles will be rebuilt and decked out into the ultimate off-road driving machines for everyone to see during show hours. Stop by and see the excitement and say thank you to the soldiers as they come Sunday evening to receive their new rides.
Where– Off-Road Expo Launch’d presented by Dirt Alliance Dirt Tour

Bully Dog Diesel Dyno Shootout
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to see who has the power in the Bully Dog Diesel Shootout. Space is limited so be sure to register online by clicking here!

MotoKids/Cycle News Kids Zone
Courtesy of MotoKids and Cycle News, the Kids Zone is a special area just for kids of all ages. This will be the place for kids to have fun with the balloon artist, an inflatable obstacle course, register for some great prizes and enter the MotoKids coloring contest for a chance to win a brand new FMF bicycle. Also in the Kids Zone for $5, kids and adults alike can test their skills on the rock climbing wall.
Where– Between Building 8 and 9.

The Expo is the place to see new products from many of the participating manufacturers. Click here to view a small sampling of some of the newest products for the off-road enthusiast that you will be able to see only at the Off-Road Expo

Racer X Motorsport Dry Break Tower
Racer X Motorsports designed the Racer X Dry Break Tower for use in any Off-Road...

Racer X Motorsport carries the Hans Device
Hans is the world leader in head and neck restraints and their products are now available through Racer X Motorsports...

NCD Customs' Toyota Tundra Leveling Kit
NCD Customs 2-1/2" solid billet aluminum leveling kit for the 1999-2006 Toyota Tundra...

JEEP® JK RockProof™ Bumpers by M.O.R.E™
M.O.R.E.™ (Mountain Off Road Enterprise) provides protection for your JK with their newest line-up of the popular RockProof™ bumpers...

DELTA Tech introduces DELTA H.I.D. Off-Road Lights with internal ballast
The new DELTA 900 HID and 700HID from DELTA Tech feature an internal ballast which allows for easy installation without limitations...

Soft Topper Protects Your Toys
Harsh elements and adverse road conditions can make a mess of your 4x4, ATV, SxS and toys...

Control Chassis and Body Flex with SHOXSpeed
The new engine strut brace bar by SHOXSpeed will improve handling and steering response...

The DynaLoc Locking Hub
DynaTrac has re-engineered and improved the 20-year-old design that is essential to reliable 4-wheeling...

Dezert TV – Online
Dezert TV is the internet's first Web Network dedicated exclusively to Off-Road Performance and will have four major channels...

BFGoodrich® rolls out the KM2 Mud-Terrain™ Tire
The new BFGoodrich® Mud-Terrain™ T/A® KM2 isn't merely an update of the previous model...

Admission
Admission to the event is $12 for adults, $5 for children ages 6-12 and children 5 and under are free.

Discount coupons available at local Discount Tire Stores.

Advance Tickets:
To avoid box office lines, purchase tickets online for the discounted rate of $10 at www.offroadexpo.com.

[Edited on 10-2-2007 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2007 at 05:55 PM

Nomads meeting up Sunday... It is a BIG show... several buildings full of off road vehicles and equipment as well as outside them...

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2007 at 08:50 AM

TW... John M, Neal Johns will meet at the Checkers booth at 11:30 am... I will try and be there at that time, as well...

Squarecircle, Surfer Jim have also met us at the show in the past...

Hope to see Nomads there! Wear your Baja Nomad T shirts!

Off Road Expo '06.... L to R: TW, DK, Squarecircle, Bajalou

[Edited on 10-4-2007 by David K]

Off Road Expo 06 022r.JPG - 42kB

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2007 at 06:40 PM

Great picture of outstanding young men. I'll wear the same shirt if I don't forget.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 10-4-2007 at 09:14 PM

Any word on if Baja Lou will be there? I will have his 2 TrXus MT tires to *give* to him, but not until next Saturday the 13th...

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2007 at 09:16 PM

Ken - and other Nomads - I sure wish I could be there, but it's too far from New Mexico where I'll be till early Nov. Planning to see you when you come to San Felipe later in Nov.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 10-4-2007 at 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalou
Ken - and other Nomads - I sure wish I could be there, but it's too far from New Mexico where I'll be till early Nov. Planning to see you when you come to San Felipe later in Nov.
Maybe you could meet us at the 5 and 3 Interchange north of San Felipe, or at the turnoff to Laguna Diablo for our day hike??? That would be awesome! I will talk to Mike about strapping the tires (or a tire) to the roof rack of his Unlimited Rubicon. We will dump these off at your house on our way to El Colorado Restaurant that night!

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2007 at 09:46 PM

Was going on saturday...but now it looks like sunday will be fine....CHECKERS @ 11:30......
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2007 at 09:49 AM

Great Jim... we will have cell phone on and Ch. 4 on family band radio...

See you there!

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2007 at 10:13 AM

Ken that's great. I plan on meeting you on the trip to Diablo or at Diablo parking - depends on what I have to drive then. Need some repair on the rail so?? But great if you could drop of the tire(s). I'll for sure be at El Colorado.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2007 at 11:08 AM

I looked at the exhibit list and the Checkers are not on it. I've emailed a friend to find out if they are going to be there. I suggest we have a backup plan. Baja Designs is at booth 9609 just east of the Toyota Motor Sales booth. If there is no Checkers booth we could meet at the Baja Designs booth at Noon. Or I'm open to meeting somewhere else, what say yee.
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2007 at 02:53 PM

Maybe the CHECKERS are now at some "secret" surf spot....:P

backup plan is needed....:yes:
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2007 at 05:21 PM

Tony Teller said they didn't have a booth this year, so backup plan needed. Is the Baja Designs booth OK Booth 9609 near Toyota??????
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2007 at 11:03 PM

See you there... remember cell phone... Will have on Baja Nomad shirt and blue 'got baja?' hat...

We were at Baja Pits meeting today (Carlos' wheel shop) and it was mentioned the cost of a booth was $$$$ (a lot)... Probably why no Checkers booth this year...

The Baja 1000 history display and SCORE booth is where we will be some of the time there!

Hope to see you all in a few hours!

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2007 at 11:06 PM

hopefully others will check in sunday morning.....stay tuned.....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2007 at 07:50 AM

See you there Jim... We are leaving soon... :spingrin:

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2007 at 08:20 PM

Good show!

We saw Baja Nomads: TW, John M, Neal Johns, Surfer Jim and The Squarecircle...

Lot's of Baja 1000 stuff... and tons of vehicles and products on display...

Photos soon (24-48 hrs.) ... Stand By!

Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 10-7-2007 at 08:34 PM

I tried to hide from that crazy bunch, but they caught me! Then John M followed me home and my laptop is missing...??? Surfer Jim is OK, he fed me once, but don't trust the rest of this crowd. :lol::lol::lol:

You can trust me.

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2007 at 07:01 AM

Great to meet with those that went. Had a really good time and if I win that sand buggy or the quad I'll be even happier.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2007 at 08:44 AM

I'd like to see the photos, specially all the ones with Neal in them!;D

WIW#1P<*)))><

[Edited on 8-10-2007 by Paulina]

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.