Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rental car questions for Los Cabos airport
Anonymous
Unregistered

question.gif posted on 3-15-2004 at 02:12 PM
Rental car questions for Los Cabos airport

I need rental car info for Los Cabos airport please.

Expedia shows Advantage and Hertz with the lowest prices. Which is better? They say they are "at the airport" but I recall no companies right at the terminal-So how far away are they? Do they pick you up or do you have to go to their office? (is it within walking distance?)

Has anyone experienced problems with booking online, then getting there and having trouble with the booking?

Any info greatly appreciated...Thanks.
Catherine
:D
MICK
Nomad

Mood: livin the good life on the river

[*] posted on 3-15-2004 at 06:30 PM

There are many rental places at the airport. Their lots are about a block away and they will have a bus to take you to them. As for price am not sure. IF your just going to cabo you could take a bus from the airport some Hotels offer bus services . You might want to check that out. Taxis to Cabo are 40.00 to much if you ask me Have a great trip
Mick

Getting there is ALL the fun!
Ok being here is fun to
Rainweary

[*] posted on 3-15-2004 at 10:25 PM
Car rental experience

My experience with Avis last year:
Rented a Jeep, and when they brought it around, I had to request windows (they zip in) "Ventanas, por favor", had to request a jack (it was missing) , had to request a key socket for the locking hubs (it was finally located having rolled under the seat). They were polite, just had to make sure I did a thourough once over before I accepted the car.

Also, the rental price doesn't include insurance, get ready for sticker shock for that.

Outside of having to wait about 45 mins while they found everything and put it all back in the Jeep, a pleasant and painless experience, and the Jeep was perfect for exploring East Cape.

The agency is about 1/2 mile from the airport, bus runs frequently back and forth.

RW
Arthur
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2004 at 03:36 PM

I've heard that they often take out the driveshaft that goes to the front wheels so that you're really driving a 2WD vehicle. Did you hear anything about that?
Rainweary

[*] posted on 3-16-2004 at 08:49 PM
I'd heard that also.

So I checked. It was there, and functioned perfectly when I needed it.

RW
bajajoe

[*] posted on 3-17-2004 at 12:43 AM
car rental

We rented from Advantage 3 weeks ago (for 16 days) at the airport in San Jose with no reservation. All the young men were trying to get my business in the airport. They fill out their little order and I went outside to their shuttle van. We went down the road about 1/2 mile and finished the paper work. We dickerd price on the car and cost of insurance at the airport. Only problem, trying to save a buck, I ordered a VW station wagon. I'm 6 ft and over 300 lbs. I thought I would have to visit a chiropractor in La Paz. Also- Baja is getting carried away with their "TOPES" AND ALL ARE NOT MARKED.
The total bill was $845. I have paid $100/day for a Wrangler.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.