BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Hotel Cuesta Real - MULEGE!
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2007 at 07:58 AM
Hotel Cuesta Real - MULEGE!

Everyone needs to know about this Motel/RV park 12 motel rooms and 10 RV full hookup spots. Nice clean showers for the campers, etc. Very Very Nice place... they have it all, including restaurant, bar, laundry facilities, ice for sale, wireless connections, etc. Ken is the owner and is just a great host. Unreal! The name of the place is Cuesta Real. Check it out
http://cuestarealhotel.tripod.com/
Great place
Bob H
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2007 at 08:19 AM

I'm glad to see that the Cuesta Real has bounced back. The last time I saw Ken and Chris they had spent the night before on the roof with the flood waters of John swirling around the house. It is a good place to stay if you find yourself in Mulege overnight.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2007 at 08:34 AM

Yes, I heard the whole Hurricane John story from Ken and how they escaped to the roof and stayed their for over four hours. Ken has done a great job putting everything back together. You would not ever think that a disaster like that occurred here just 13 months ago!
Bob H
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 10-9-2007 at 09:45 AM

And close enough to Jungle Jims to stumble back in the dark!

Ken

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 10-9-2007 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
And close enough to Jungle Jims to stumble back in the dark!

Ken

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

WoW...and I was thinking it was to far up the river for me...quit trying to find it after a few miles on my quad as the road got real dusty...I was on the river, south side...guess I was lost:?:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2007 at 11:16 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 10-9-2007 at 11:45 AM

Glad to see it is up and running again, we always stay there if we get a hotel in Mulege.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2007 at 06:35 PM

And, YES, they are dog friendly at the hotel and the RV park.
Bob H
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2007 at 06:41 PM

Cool and ARF

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2007 at 08:12 PM

We are back here today and Ken helped us repair a plumbing problem in our cabover camper. This guy is unbelievable. He found all the parts necessary to repair our problem and everything works again. We ended the day smoking a fine cigar in his restaurant/bar watching the baseball playoffs, over a few cervezas. Great place, for sure.
Bob H
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-11-2007 at 08:18 PM

cubans????

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2007 at 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
cubans????

No... I buy my cigars on the internet and they are all from the Dominican Republic, Honduars or Nicaragua. The original Cuban makers all left Cuba for these places and that's where the really good cigars are now, and at much better prices, if you ask me.
Bob H

http://www.thompsoncigars.com
http://www.jrcigars.com
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-12-2007 at 06:49 AM

right you are Bob.
leave me one...............puleeeeeze???!!!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 10-12-2007 at 02:23 PM

http://www.kinkycigars.com

Kinky’s newest venture - Kinky Friedman Cigars is officially open for business. The new company just unveiled the first five sizes to the tobacco world at the Retail Tobacco Dealers of America Trade Show in Houston and it was an overwhelming success as were both the events at Cigar Cigar! in Sugar Land and Downing St. Pub in Houston. On Saturday August 18 everyone is invited to visit with Kinky Friedman at Heroes and Legacies in Austin from 4:00 - 8:00 PM where he will be promoting and retailing cigars from his brand new Kinky Friedman Cigar Company. The five sizes - The Governor, Kinkycristo, Texas Jewboy, The Willie and Utopian (profits from the latter cigar will go to Kinky’s Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch) are made of beautiful hand rolled Habana wrappers grown in Honduras with a blended filler of Honduran and Nicaraguan tobaccos and Costa Rican binders. Kinky will sign cigar boxes, meet all customers, discuss fine cigars, politics (and virtually anything else). All cigars can be purchased by the box or by the stick. Please go to your local cigar retail store to purchase the 5 different cigars lines as well as our online store which will be opening soon.

I'm not a cigar smoker, but I have 3 Kinky Selects that were mailed to me by mistake instead of the CD I ordered. I'll try to remember to take them with me for the B1k and give them away to any cigar smokers who ask for them. Unless, of course, I run into someone with the right stuffing to make blunts out of them...:lol::rolleyes::saint:

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 10-12-2007 at 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Yes, I heard the whole Hurricane John story from Ken and how they escaped to the roof and stayed their for over four hours. Ken has done a great job putting everything back together. You would not ever think that a disaster like that occurred here just 13 months ago!
Bob H

Bob,

Say hi to Ken for me. I stayed there with my trailer and dog while I was restoring my casita from the flood damage. They are good people!
Tony

oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2007 at 02:25 AM

3 weeks ago we pulled in to Mulege at 9:30 pm and after dinner a La Palapa decided it was late to go back in to the bay for the night on the beach in our camper. They suggested Cuesta Real but it appeared closed and we couldn't find an office and didn't see any vehicles around. Couldn't tell if we arrived too late (it was 10 pm by then) or if they were closed during the hot season.

Thanks for the recommendation and I'll clarify their office hours, etc with them for future use. This would be a great alternative to the beach for the times we arrive late or when it's reallly,really hot for sleeping in our non-a.c. camper. It looks like they could fill up very easily in the winter/peak season though.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2007 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Bob H

Bob,

Say hi to Ken for me. I stayed there with my trailer and dog while I was restoring my casita from the flood damage. They are good people!
Tony

Sorry Tony, I left there before I received your message. I didn't meet Mrs. Ken, but Ken is, indeed a great guy and very hospitable. Sometimes you get to talking with him and you just can't stop.
Bob H:tumble:

[Edited on 10-14-2007 by Bob H]
EnseNADAslim
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 07:25 PM

This is a mixed review and I liked the place and Alfredo was a great host, a very nice man. The room that we stayed in seemed to be a bit in need of some attention. Walls were a bit flaky, the furniture was in bad shape, and there was no remote for the TV.
I'd go back to see Alfredo, but not sure if I'd stay there again.
Besides,,,,a few miles away is the BEACH to camp on!
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 07:32 PM

and the email address on their website is worthless...sent two, no response so we went elsewhere. I do not understand why SO many folks in Mexico create a website, with an email address, and no matter what, no response to the emails.

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 10:04 PM

I think there are times when Ken and his family go back to the states and may not check the website for messages, etc. But, I must say we had a great time staying there in the camp ground portion. Didn't see the rooms at all.

Great guy.
Bob H
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.