BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hey Skeet!! great to see you sat in mulege.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 3-15-2004 at 02:19 PM
Hey Skeet!! great to see you sat in mulege.

a Q for you, i just leased a property from Don at the Serenidad for a year and now i need a bunch or furniture! i DO NOT want to drive a load down in a truck, are there any good places to buy some cheap furniture between Loreto to Santa Rosalia?? e me pls.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-15-2004 at 07:32 PM

Mike

What are you going to do with the travel trailer???
:P:P

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2004 at 05:31 AM
oh, its part of the set up.

it's parked next to the new spot, sort of a "build-a-round" semi palapa deal. Forgot my space number but am the laST ONE, south row , east end.

I never could find Candice so i put the printer in the office, Marco and Diana both know Candice, she can get it anytime.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2004 at 06:29 AM

Good Morning Mike: It was a pleasure to talk to you again!
I had a great time with watching the planes depart and talking to the pilots of the Cessna 170's,brought back many memories of years past.
As to your question about funiture. Virginia and I bought all of our funriture and Appliances in La Paz or Villa Constitution. I do not know of any places other than Loreto, so you may have to go to La Paz to get the best Price and selection!
Looking forward to seeing you and yours May 1st.
Good Winds
Skeet/Loreto

"In God We Trust"
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2004 at 06:53 AM

Mike

A couple of our email replies were to you returned to us?????

Vic and Debbie picked up the thing Monday at the Serenidad. Thanks again.

As for furniture...couldn't you buy it in TJ (since you are soooo close weekdays) and have it shipped down. BIG selection there.

The place we used to ship our fence was inexpensive and ships a couple of days a week to Santa Rosalia. You would just pick it up in Santa Rosalia.

Just a thought.....:yes::yes:

our website is:
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2004 at 09:30 AM

Capt Mike, my wife and I are trying to make it to Mulege by 4-11, but if we can't get there until 4-12 will you still be around? I want to buy you a margie for your birthday! (I think you said it was your birthday) Bob H :)
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2004 at 11:23 AM
shipping from TJ to SR?? great idea!

Bob F. - tell me more, what company etc? hell yes i'd go buy a room full and put in on a truck before i'll drive that road again.
How's Vic doing with punta suenos?? heard some mixed reviews lately.....I'd still like a lot someday but renting is fine for now!

Bob H. - i will be there on a fish hunt april 9 - 12. stop by please.

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2004 at 02:35 PM

Mike:Please thin about and look into going to Cuidad constitution to buy funiture.You can have it hauled from there or La Paz very cheap and in doing so you will help the people of Baja;
You can take a trip to La Paz, stay at the Hotel Marina,buy anything you need and have it put on a Truck and delivered to your Casa in Mulege cheaper than you can Drive!!
All applainces are cheaper in La Paz such as Fridgs,TV's,Beds, etc.
Virginia and I bought funiture in Guadalahara.,had it shipped across the ferry on a forty footer for the grand amount of $70.
All you need is an address and someone to receive it,and pay a couple of Mexicanos to unload.Give it some thought.

Skeet/Loreto

"In God We Trust"
Joelt
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2004 at 03:29 PM

Hey Capt. Mike. I think we are going to the pig roast on the 10th. Maybe I'll get a chance to meet you and buy you a bd beer. Hope it all works out. joelt

Joelt
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2004 at 04:33 PM
ok Skeet i'll do just that, in fact

i'll fly there, get a taxi from the airport and go shop, then get the shipping/trucking handled. good idea, knew you'd know!!

Joelt, yes come on by, we'll be ensconced by happy hour. just look for the bandera pirata swinging in the breeze.

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2004 at 06:55 PM

Mike

I KNOW you will not have the final choice of any furniture choices....don't forget the little lady. Just make sure it's comfortable....for those BAD nights.

There are just many more choices in Tijuana. Go shopping......

In Tijauna the trucking company we used was:
DESA S A de C V
Ave San Pedro
#664 ESQ Con Calle Las Flores
La Mesa Tijuana

We shipped a truck load FULL and a 8X10 trailer OVER FULL to Santa Rosalia (3500 lbs) for $350

The stuff was left at the company Monday afternoon and was in Santa Rosalia Wednesday morning to be picked up.

You wouldn't belive how many people who use this shipper. This company was outstanding.

The place was sure different compared to shipping companies in the US.
Cramped yard, dirt, and stuff everywhere. Make sure you wrap your furniture.

Vic and Debbie at http://www.puntasuenos.com are building their house. They say it's comming along well. They are sending me pictures.

They put a trailer on one of the lots to have guests stay there.

When we were there last, the water tanks were in and working with water pipes and spigots to each lot.

Vic has lots of experience in digging septic tanks and has a great system in place.

Wish we were there.... :tumble::tumble:

[Edited on 3-17-2004 by Bob and Susan]

our website is:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2004 at 09:32 AM
thx Bob. I will take note of them. i'll

have to get the retailers to mdeliver the goods there to the shipper 1st i guess after i've contracted with the shipper.

as for wrapping goods etc, that will be interesting......also getting out of S. Rosalia. It's all part of the fun i guess.

Glad to hear Vic's project moving along. Am sure though his sales are not as brisk as he planned. such is baja development.

you're right about including mi esposa in the decision processes. We have 3 main rules:

1. she picks
2. i pay
3. refer to rules 1 and 2 if in doubt.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.