Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: roast pork baja style
jim janet
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2004 at 05:02 PM
roast pork baja style

I just came back from Baja and was wondering if anyone knew how to cook baja pork
Thanks
Jim
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2004 at 12:55 PM

If you mean carnitas, the classic method is to cut pork butt (i.e., shoulder) into big cubes and simmer it in melted lard for between one and two hours so it's nicely browned but not crisp. Drain on paper towels and serve with tortillas, limes, salsa, sliced onions, cilantro and a couple or three cold ones.

Damn, now you got me thinking about Dos Hermanos, the roast chicken and carnitas place on the highway south of Ensenada at the Estero Beach turnoff. I can almost smell it . . . .
Herb
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2004 at 01:00 PM
Smellavision!

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 3-19-2004 at 01:01 PM
my method?......

Boston butt is best, slow smoked with pecan 12-14 hours, mopping frequently. temp NEVER above 210. (that's why need longer times)

then flash fry chunks very thin oil in hard cast skillit or dutch oven, turning often. pull off and shred. yummy, too bad i can't tell ya about the secret rub and slather which took 1st at the all trailer trash final at Serenidad last year!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2004 at 04:15 PM

Herb, you're killing me! Now I'll spend all weekend with visions of carnitas dancing in my head. Aaaarrrggghhh!!!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.