Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for San Felipe rental
GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 3-16-2004 at 01:42 PM
Looking for San Felipe rental

Going to have a group of 5-6 persons. Looking for a CLEAN, on-the-beach and walking distance to beachfront road in town (tourist section).
June June 20-26, one week, 7 nights.
Affordable. Need kitchen, working frig, air conditioning that doesn't have mold blowing out...I've unfortunately found some real dumps in SF and prefer this trip to be more pleasant. If you have a house or condo for rent please post a reply. Recommendations also appreciated.

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 3-16-2004 at 03:34 PM

Was just there a couple of weeks ago. Stopped at many of the places in town Sunday, AFTER, the 250. Prices were 80 for a single up to 130 for anything decent with a view or without. This ain't the baja of old. Found a place a block off the main drag though for 40 that was clean and quiet with A/C. Talked them down from 50. No view. Park your Hummer around the block if you want to try that trick.:lol:
Herb
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2004 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Me No
Was just there a couple of weeks ago. Stopped at many of the places in town Sunday, AFTER, the 250. Prices were 80 for a single up to 130 for anything decent with a view or without. This ain't the baja of old.

What is up with San Felipe lately? They've got pretty bad value for the lodging dollar right now. Last time I came through there on my way back from Bahia Gonzaga, I got similar price quotes from the staff at places that I would consider a "basic place to sleep" at best. It didn't seem to make sense because the parking lots were all empty. :o I kept going and stayed in Mexicali.

Sorry, I know this doesn't answer GeoRock's question.
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 3-16-2004 at 07:34 PM

After some discussion my wife and I concurred, Thats why the lots were empty. It just doesn't make sense. SF does get the crowds on event and other busy weekends, so I guess they have just come to expect the big bucks. I did my part though, when we got the quotes I laughed heartily and drove off.:lol:

Example: The Red Lobster used to be 40 bucks, now its 90. For the same rooms.

[Edited on 3-17-2004 by Me No]
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2004 at 08:26 AM

Try the pescadero hotel right next to the baja mar resturant right on the strip. They have remodeled some of the rooms and they go for 40-50 per night. I bring my customers there. It might not have a view but its right next to the beach and the Baja Mar is a fantastic resturant

GTB
http://www.gonetobaja.com
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-17-2004 at 11:46 AM

There are some small cottages with A/C down by the harbor that advertise
$30.00 per night. Now called "Schwabs Bungalows". I stayed there once a
few years back when they were under different management. They closed
down for awhile and have changed hands and just been remodeled.
The days of cheap lodging in San Felipe have been gone for quite awhile
now. Back when I needed a room there (1970s), my favorite overnight stay
was at the Hotel Iris, one block West of the main drag (Mar de Cortez).
The rooms were originally $3.00 going up to a steep $6.00 by the time I
last stayed. The linens were always clean, the rooms mostly so and the
water was usually warm, if not hot. c-ckroaches were few. It was a great
place to get some sleep before heading South. It is now called the "Don
Pedro" having been purchased after years of decline and remodeled. There
is also right next to it the "Posada Don Pedro" consisting of small travel
trailers for rental and now there is a Brand-New "Don Pedro" just to the
South. No idea what the rates are.
GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 3-18-2004 at 10:03 AM

Thank you all very much for your help.
And I will park the beast out of sight! (Have already learned to do that.):lol:

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 3-18-2004 at 02:11 PM
Bola not far behind.....

quoted $65 a night to stay at Costa del Sol. clean rooms, ok then....but still, $65!!! for BOLA??!! WTF? The Serenidad gets that but they have AMENITIES!!

And i had the WORST margaritas ever in BOLA.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2004 at 10:40 AM
Room Rates at Hotels?

Just heard from some people that just got back here. Room rates for them at Costa del Sol were $40 a nite.But then heard too that Alfonsina's is now $50 a nite too! Was $40 last season! We are headed there on Sun.so hope we get the $40 a nite not $65 a nite??
All room rates here in SF have been high for sometime now! Will never understand WHY? Yes, some are Really Bad!! There are actually not many good places that I would recommend in SF!! At least with renting Eldorado rentals they are clean and taken care of.Most are from $60 to $80 a nite but most of them sleep 4 t6 people too! So easy to share the cost, tho a few miles drive to town!
HarleyLady

[*] posted on 3-19-2004 at 11:40 AM
Costa del Sol

I was at Costa del Sol last week with 3 couples and we were each charged $40 a nite. The rooms are nicely furnished and immaculately clean and Victoria is a most charming and gracious hostess, quick to respond to any request. She cooked an excellent dinner for us with the fish we caught at a very nominal cost. Perhaps she charges more during Spring Break or other busy times?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.