Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: fun loving youngsters commit "faut pas" in Asuncion
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 09:44 AM
fun loving youngsters commit "faut pas" in Asuncion

This is a report of a trippy bunch of canucks who shook up our quiet little village. As Nomad Fritzke(?), driven here by curiosity, and driven crazy by 4 youngsters and 4 dogs, pulled up at the blowhole and spilled out of the old van, things got progressively interesting. Lots of peeing, stretching and butt sniffing as all the species got introduced to each other....beers cracked as the gaggle gawked at the magnificent coastline. I remember that dazed look as they took it all in....I had it too long ago (and still do!)

I showed the dusty tribe the descent to our private beach and kicking off their thongs(all of them) in the blink of an eye some of em were out of their gear(yup, beechee) and giggling and dancing down to the water. And my friends, there was ne'er a hesitation nor shriek of surprise at the cold water...in they dove screaming with delight...ahhh gotta love the canadian youth! The good thing was they were in the water where passerbys on the road couldn't tell they were butt naked....After frolicking for a few minutes they decided to swim out to a little rock island in front of our place which is no easy feat...then I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them all up dancing naked on the rock!!! Oh my....so much for being inconspicuos! Some kids on a little quad drove by and did a U'ey and came back down to watch the show. So needless to say, the whole town knows about the crazy naked dancers on the rocks! Ni modo...the kids had a fabulous time and after showering I stuffed them full of yellowtail burritos. We did a beer run, the whole gang shouting and waving at everyone from the back of Juan's pick-up...nope not your typical Nomad visitors. It was fun to see all the smiles on the locals faces as this exhuberant bunch paraded around the village. After dinner, it was time for Juan to teach these city kids how to skin the snake they had run over. All the animal pack ate snake and the skin was pinned to a board and salted. It was a lively discussion around the table that night and Caroliina from Quebec made me a lovely pair of feather earrings. Fortunately they had to hit the road early in the morning as Nomad Barb was in a big hurry to get to her rancho...good thing, no telling what another day with them would have brought.

[Edited on 10-21-2007 by shari]

[Edited on 10-23-2007 by shari]

[Edited on 10-23-2007 by shari]

smbarbgang.jpg - 49kB

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 09:53 AM

strange new species sighted on rock island in front of the blowhole :wow:

ontherocks.jpg - 27kB

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 10:04 AM

Shari,

It's a good thing you didn't have a telephoto lens handy!

P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 11:16 AM

It is difficult to understand why tourists travel to a remote, traditional and conservative fishing village and do things offensive to the local customs. :?:

In this case it is especially difficult to understand since there are miles and miles of isolated beaches close by where they could have been alone.

JMHO
John

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 11:55 AM

:lol::lol:
don't canadians know about COLD water and "shrinkage"????
:lol::lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 12:02 PM

Bob and babe, Real men know that alcohol overrides that fact.:biggrin:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
It is difficult to understand why tourists travel to a remote, traditional and conservative fishing village and do things offensive to the local customs. :?:

In this case it is especially difficult to understand since there are miles and miles of isolated beaches close by where they could have been alone.

JMHO
John

I with you John...if I had been there i would have told them so...well that is if I could have gotten my mouth to close....:lol::lol::lol:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Al G

I with you John...if I had been there i would have told them so...well that is if I could have gotten my mouth to close....:lol::lol::lol:

Sure nothing wrong with skinny dipping where it is appropriate to do so. :yes:

As some of you probably remember, in the old days, female tourists wearing shorts were apt to be P-nched by the local women. :lol::lol:

John

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 01:14 PM

Well, I posted a pic. of one floating in the surf, but apparently some more prudish entity on this board removed it.:saint::saint::rolleyes:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 01:17 PM

They probably should/would have been thrown in jail if it were not for Shari.

Sadly, taking off your clothes and running around naked is one of the most offensive things you can to in Mexico.:no: Usually with good reason.:biggrin:

Bajalero
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter

JMHO
John

Ditto John,

There are many to quickly point out "the ugly American". This type of behavior is rude and in poor taste , Canadian or whomever. A little discretion down the beach a few miles would have at least shown a little intelligence and respect.
islandmusicteach
Junior Nomad

Mood: almost in baja

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 02:32 PM
skinny dippin

I say we take a poll....

How many of you think beautiful nude bathing beauties from Canada are offensive and how many think they are delicious?

:P

BTW how do I set up one of those "polls" anyway?

[Edited on 10-21-2007 by islandmusicteach]
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 02:44 PM

Its not about what we think, its how the Mexican people take that kind of activity. I think that Shari didn't know this was going to happen,or that sharing her private beach it was secluded enough if she did know. Its her community she should know whats acceptable not us.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by islandmusicteach
I say we take a poll....

How many of you think beautiful nude bathing beauties from Canada are offensive and how many think they are delicious?

:P

BTW how do I set up one of those "polls" anyway?

[Edited on 10-21-2007 by islandmusicteach]

I could leer and letch all day long, but that's not the point. It is offensive to Mexican culture. We must respect that. I think Shari did a good job of covering (excuse the pun) for the Canucks.:o

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 03:16 PM
The Canuts are at it again!

It's interesting to note that many Canadians like to share their nakedness. They really don't make a point if others aren't around.;D Simple showmanship imo. Some would call them exhibionists but those folks would be the daring "thong hangers".:lol:

I wonder if they even give/gave cultural differences or aspects a consideration. Duhhhhhhhhh.......... wha??????????

Now from an SoCal point of view....... just show us the (girlies)goods.:wow: No implants please!:P

Shari, you are waaaaaay outnumbered.
btw, that was a gutsy post on BD. Good for you standing yer ground!

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
islandmusicteach
Junior Nomad

Mood: almost in baja

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 03:37 PM

Sexual mores aren't much different from political beliefs, in my opinion. You can call them "cultural" or you can call them... "constantly changing." Some are willing to take a stand against "la mordida," others believe it's a part of mexican culture and bend over for it. I think the god squads in Iran who whip women who show a little ankle in the marketplace are barbaric, and don't belong in ANY culture. I also think trashing Canadians who frolic in the surf on a rather isolated beach for a few minutes belongs to the "leave it to beaver" era :lol: Ever been to one of the end-of-summer parties at Tecolote beach? Not all Mexicans are offended by a little t and a - or a less church-centered notion of a women's place and proper demeanor...
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 03:42 PM

They (nudies) are not offensive to me, but they ARE to many folks-------people should make an effort to NOT offend others, especially when in another country-----

However, when nudies (young women) are seen by me in public, I believe that gives me the right to oggle them with binocs, or whatever.

That is my contribution to the "poll".
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by islandmusicteach
Sexual mores aren't much different from political beliefs, in my opinion. You can call them "cultural" or you can call them... "constantly changing." Some are willing to take a stand against "la mordida," others believe it's a part of mexican culture and bend over for it. I think the god squads in Iran who whip women who show a little ankle in the marketplace are barbaric, and don't belong in ANY culture. I also think trashing Canadians who frolic in the surf on a rather isolated beach for a few minutes belongs to the "leave it to beaver" era :lol: Ever been to one of the end-of-summer parties at Tecolote beach? Not all Mexicans are offended by a little t and a - or a less church-centered notion of a women's place and proper demeanor...

Please remember that many of us "leave it to beaver" era people came of age in the 1960s, the woodstock era. :yes:

Yes, things are changing, but Bahia Asuncion is still a rather isolated fishing village, and Shari is the first person who oftens suggests that people respect the local culture and not bring down the "northern" ideas.

She certainly cannot control everything tourists will do. Her post sounded like she was a little surprised by the naked dancing on the rock and was not unhappy when they left.

Again, skinny dipping can be fun---in the appropriate place. IHMO, we don't have to like, nor accept the local culture, but it is not up to any of us to try to "modernize" their customs, mores, and value systems. We are guests.

John

[Edited on 10-21-2007 by jdtrotter]

Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 04:04 PM

I personally would be way more offended by seeing Juan in his thong than one of those girls in her birthday suit.:tumble:

jorgie
Nomad

Mood: on the road....again,again

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 04:11 PM

it is offensive to abuse the hospitality of a nation. Mexico has the right to determine the mores we all should accept and approve. We are guests.
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.