Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Some FM-3 News
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 11-2-2007 at 07:32 PM
Some FM-3 News

On October 24th I went into the Loreto Migracion office with most of the paperwork required for my FM-3.

Honorio, the head agent, seemed quite busy. He processed my application, and he requested copies of all the pages of my US passport, not just the information page.

Then he gave me a factura that I took to the bank and paid $1660 pesos in fees.

I took the bank receipt back to him, and he told me my FM-3 would be ready "en una semana".

I went back on Tuesday, and five signatures and a thumbprint later, I was the proud posessor of my FM-3!!

Que Milagro!! :tumble: I had heard that the Loreto office was on the ball with these documents, but that seems nothing short of miraculous!! :saint:

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 11-2-2007 at 08:31 PM

Darn, any news like that about the La Paz office. That is, I believe where we will have to go.

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
Smoke
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2007 at 08:44 PM

Gadget, we used an agent to get our fm3 through La Paz and it was painless. I have read on previous posts La Paz was one of the better office's.
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2007 at 09:34 PM

I think I've gotten 1-week turn-arounds in La Paz for the past 6-7 years...only once, 7-8 years ago, did it take the full month they ask you to allow for them to process renewals. Typically, they tell you to come back in one week.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 06:16 AM

Thanks for the information. Have all the necessary items for an FM3 except for a letter from the local sheriff/police attesting to my being a law abiding citizen. They refused even though I have no criminal record. Seems they only do citations for violating the law. :(:( Did they require that letter in Loreto?:?:
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 06:45 AM

That's unbelievable that your local law enforcement would reject your request. Consider this. Go to your cities City Manager & tell him what happened. This should be a normal function of "one of their duties"!!! If no luck there, if you have a Sherriffs office close by, go & talk with them. If they say "don't do that", then go talk to their boss, who would be the county commissioners office.
My local police department (pop. of town 19,000 ) did it in about 24 hours, and I came back & the letter was waiting for me. Did this twice in a ten year period. No problema's. Yes, I'm talking about Loreto Immigration. And Honorio's is the BEST!!!!!!!! Too bad he can't be 'cloned' for all the other Baja offices. ESPECIALLY IN Ensenada, by the marina area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 07:07 AM

Thanks Phil S :bounce: Agree with you. :)Not able to follow your advice. I'm on the road.:)
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 07:37 AM

I have never heard of an office in Baja asking for this police document. Anyone else?

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 07:56 AM

Wasn't needed in San Felipe

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 08:14 AM

Wasn't requested at the Mexican consulate in Portland, OR where I got my original FM3, nor has it ever been requested for renewals in La Paz. Cypress, are you a shifty looking character??:lol::lol:
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 10:20 AM
??????

...."if you have a Sherriffs office close by, go & talk with them. If they say "don't do that", then go talk to their boss, who would be the county commissioners office".........

Here is a news flash............The Sheriff is the BOSS. he is elected by the citizens of the County. The County Commissioners do not have any real "power" over the Sheriff to tell him to do anything.

[Edited on 11-3-2007 by bajaguy]
BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 10:46 AM

I didn't need a letter when getting my FM3.

our_badges.jpg - 48kB

I think the world is run by C- students.
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Thanks for the information. Have all the necessary items for an FM3 except for a letter from the local sheriff/police attesting to my being a law abiding citizen. They refused even though I have no criminal record. Seems they only do citations for violating the law. :(:( Did they require that letter in Loreto?:?:

The Loreto office has never requested that letter for my wife or I.

Funny you should have trouble getting it, I have had a couple, for substitute teaching and to be a McGruff Crime Dog Safe House.:biggrin: They're routine.
bettyj58

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 12:06 PM

Back in 2002, when we went thru the Mexican consulate in Chicago to get our FM3's (never again!), one of the requirements was a letter from our local police department about our (lack of) a criminal record, which we got in a one day turnaround, no problem. I was told, at the Immigrations office in La Paz, had we applied for the FM3 after we got there, it wouldn't have been required.

backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 12:11 PM

Longlegs, My wife and I got our original fm-3s in the Portland office also. We did have to get the police check. It wasn't a problem, but I wonder why some do and some don't?.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
I have never heard of an office in Baja asking for this police document. Anyone else?

Now Judy......You know better than to look for consistancy in Mexico but, in answer to your question, no.
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 12:36 PM

I got the letter in about 20 minutes from the Marin County Sheriff's Office...but, it was not asked for or needed in Loreto.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 12:41 PM

When we applied in the 80's in Santa Rosalia, the police report was required. Was quite a process in those days to get your FM 3, with lots of travel between SR and Loreto. Than, when the paperwork transferred to La Paz, it got even more difficult, with many times asked, in La Paz, to come back in 4 days, like Loreto was down the street.:(:( And when you came back in the required 4 days, you were told it was going to take a " Mexican leetle mas " and come back in 2 days.:P Have my inmigrado status now. What a relief.:bounce:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by backninedan
Longlegs, My wife and I got our original fm-3s in the Portland office also. We did have to get the police check. It wasn't a problem, but I wonder why some do and some don't?.

Honest face versus shady looking character?:lol::lol: You, not your wife!;D Interesting how flexible some of the "rules" are, huh?
Smoke
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 06:52 PM

We did not need the police check in La Paz

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.