Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: 1st xmas surf tournament bahia asuncion 2007
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2007 at 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
it would be cool to get some folks from san juanico or todos santos up for this too...are there any chat rooms or something like that for those areas like they have in BOLA?

Shari,
Check out this site http://www.juanyjuan.com/ for Scorpian Bay, and I think they also are nomads.

vivaloha
Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 12-7-2007 at 11:32 PM

creative and cool...! love your enthusiasm and rootsy style...V

Baja California can be a heaven or hell experience - often the determining factor is your AWARENESS in the moment.
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 07:14 AM

Goodness wish we had a surf shop, snow boarders probably would look a little funny with their touques, goggles, mitts and winter boots.
:spingrin::spingrin:
Hopefully one Christmas we can make it down there, it looks like a lot of fun!! Have fun at the surf tournament and take tons of pictures.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 09:49 AM

http://scorpionbay.net/

for San Juanico
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
http://scorpionbay.net/

for San Juanico

The link above will take you to the bulletin board for the campground outside of town which is moderated (edited) by the campground operator. It's where visitors (surfers) ask questions about camping and road conditions etc.

There isn't an online forum used by San Juanico/Pta Pequeña residents.

The best way to spread the word in town about your Torneo de Surf would be the old fashioned way- posters at the gasolineras and markets. Sorry, I won't be down until after your event to post some for you.

[Edited on 12-9-2007 by oladulce]
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 06:49 PM

thank's to everyone...abreojos and bocana and tortugas are already invited...it's just for people outside that part of the coast...since everyone around there already knows about it lol...so again thank's a bunch for all the help guys and three cheers for MRSfdt!!! she is making the website...look out ppl it's gonna be awsome lalalalalalalaaaaa...i can't wait!!!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 07:07 PM

I got the poster up in San Juanico too. Way to go Sirenita. I think you should post a bit about the mission these kids are on...the way you explained it to me the other night...everyone would love to hear this.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 09:02 PM

ooooooook
lol i'll do that...but..just to give you a little taste...you'll have to see the website for the full story hahaha...

Visit me at
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 09:04 PM

Well, a lot of people that hear about us think we are just a bunch of kids pretending to be surfers, but, we go a lot deeper than that…see we are growing up in a modern society and, though it has its advantages like technology and cool clothes, but it also has it’s downsides like drugs, alcohol, violence, etc. and that is what we are trying to fight…we have seen kids we know, kids we grew up with throw away their lives because of drugs, and we know there is no one to blame except them selves, but instead of saying hey that’s to bad, we want to help…a lot of the kids on the team have had more than one experience with drugs…but what we want is to get kids from our home town and all over to focus more on their lives and our home and take care of it…you are conscious that you’re in a really dangerous place and something could go wrong at any moment. I mean mother nature is not forgiving at all…when you are out in the water you really value what you have, life, you realize that it can be taken away from you in a second, and even though you know you could very possibly die or get hurt really bad our there, you love it so much that you risk it…it’s addicting…but it’s a good addiction, what we want is to get kids interested in surf or skate boarding or soccer or what ever to take their mind of what ever could possibly push them over the edge and in to the hands of the modern monsters like drugs.
When you surf you get such a rush you don’t need drugs or alcohol or video games or anything, all you need is your board, some wax and good waves!!......................................................................................coming soon!!!

Visit me at
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 12-22-2007 at 08:01 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're off!!!!
well the first day of the tournament is over and out...we started a little late since the generator was not there yet so no announcements could be made...we divided the surf competition in to heats of four, there were 3 judges for each heat, today there was boogie boarding and junior surf board, and tomorrow is going to be the free categorie and the finals, of couirse as always asuncion came first in most of the heats and mostly jurjos tem members are competing in the finals but tortugas, abreojos and bocana did a great job too!!!!
it was windy and cold but we had a great time, and now it's of to the disco annual bash, i'll post pic's later...you snooze ya loose guys!! you should have been here it is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit me at
Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 12-22-2007 at 10:09 PM

Wish I could go surf but Im headn to Las Vegas.....and how cold is that h2o its 57 here in SD? Have Fun and rip it up...

READY SET.....................
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 12-22-2007 at 10:12 PM

Don't forget to send all the details so Simone can update your pages ASAP.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 12-23-2007 at 02:50 AM

will do!!! the water is pretty warm...i'm not sur ehow warm but...warm lmao!!!! i gotta get to bed...it's like 3 am..and i have to wake up at 7 tomorrow if i want to get to eat breakfast...unlike today when i ended up eating until 4!!!!! more details tomorrow night...

Visit me at
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2007 at 09:00 PM

Congrats on a wonderful event.

Wish I was there! Ho Ho Ho

Feliz Navidad e Prospero Nuevo Ano from Surfer Santa!

Iflyfishwhennothangingteninathong
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-25-2007 at 08:20 AM

well:(:(

what happened

pics????

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2007 at 08:46 AM

Quick note before we head to the sister in laws place for Christmas morning menudo and lobster pie...the surf competition was really fun...not real big waves, but a lovely day for it. It was fun to watch the kids and the boogie boarders doing their tricks,but the funniest part was when the announcer said that the guy down on the beach was the president of Quicksilver and looking to sponser a surfer and the woman was a photographer from surf magazine...(it was just my brother and his wife!!) Poor Sirenita is completely bagged....dog tired from oranizing and helping out...the Nomads rallied to the cause and made up a large gringo cheering section...they gave surfin santa T-shirts to anyone who donated over $10 to the prize money and the person who picked up the most garbage too. A really good surfer from Ensenada...el Mambo...won the big prize and he was really hot! But our boys cleaned up in the other catagories. I hope next year we can attract some more contestants. No time for pics yet....but soon.

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2007 at 11:32 PM

Hope you had a great time. Good job all u guys promoting the event and btw.....have a happy new year. :D

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 12-26-2007 at 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
Well, a lot of people that hear about us think we are just a bunch of kids pretending to be surfers, but, we go a lot deeper than that…see we are growing up in a modern society and, though it has its advantages like technology and cool clothes, but it also has it’s downsides like drugs, alcohol, violence, etc. and that is what we are trying to fight…we have seen kids we know, kids we grew up with throw away their lives because of drugs, and we know there is no one to blame except them selves, but instead of saying hey that’s to bad, we want to help…a lot of the kids on the team have had more than one experience with drugs…but what we want is to get kids from our home town and all over to focus more on their lives and our home and take care of it…you are conscious that you’re in a really dangerous place and something could go wrong at any moment. I mean mother nature is not forgiving at all…when you are out in the water you really value what you have, life, you realize that it can be taken away from you in a second, and even though you know you could very possibly die or get hurt really bad our there, you love it so much that you risk it…it’s addicting…but it’s a good addiction, what we want is to get kids interested in surf or skate boarding or soccer or what ever to take their mind of what ever could possibly push them over the edge and in to the hands of the modern monsters like drugs.
When you surf you get such a rush you don’t need drugs or alcohol or video games or anything, all you need is your board, some wax and good waves!!......................................................................................coming soon!!!

Oh my!! Bless you little hermana. It does my older guy heart good to hear such words of wisdom from young people. Many of us have been there and I know for sure I am very fortunate to have made it through my younger years alive. Our son can say the same, and it is so good to see him clean and sober for good.

Juan and Shari, you have done a great job raising your kid, you're proud, I'm sure. :biggrin::biggrin:

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2007 at 08:27 AM

gracias Gadget and yes I'm very proud of my little mermaid! And I must say, I'm likin these surfers more and more...they are a unique bunch of kids with big hearts and great ideas. They are very excited about the help being offered by our amigos. They are planning a surf school this summer which would be really neat for both the local kids and gringos too so that's our next help project. Any ideas anyone? MsFDT is a fantastic help organizing their website so we can get the info out there. happy holidays

Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 12-27-2007 at 09:19 AM

Congrat's on what sounds like a groovy event you guys!

edit.
And what a bold outlook on life Sirenita, I hope you get a great wave today.

[Edited on 12-27-2007 by Tomas Tierra]
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.