but there already is a san fernando:saint:

oh yeah. this will be santo ferna. :cool:

missed that;D

lili
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 10:56 AM

But you are forgetting the most important part wich is it is the Baja Nomad Dia de Reyes toy drive, so it would be Los Santos Nomadas

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 10:59 AM

You know, in the early days of Baja Internet (Amigos de Baja, bajanet.com) I thought Ferna was female, not learning it was short for Fernando until later! We met in 2000.

Santo Ferna or Santa Ferna is good, right? I mean Santa Claus is a man, right?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 05:24 PM

Here is the last update at 4:20PM Pacific
Rain is tapering off.

The last of the mudslide folks that will be there tomorrow:
Humberto & Amalia (parents)
Angel (18)
Gloria (9
Enrique (4)
America (6)
Amalia (8)
Rosario (12)

Maggie (parent)
Jose Luis (10) needs bike
Jose Angel (8) needs bike

Rosalie (parent)
Pedro (1)

Elodia (parent)
Marta (12)
Faviola (10)

Liliana (parent)
Marisa (14)
Miguel (13)
Jonathon (12)

Socorro (parent)
Rose Angel (12)
===========================================

And here is the prevoius list
Carlos, age 4
Nevy, age 17 (girl)
Gerardo, age 15
Esteban, age 5
Elisa, age 6 months
Ramon, age 12
Abram, age 7
Mavis, age 8 months (girl)
These children are mudslide family victims
And here is the original list again

Boys

Tereso, 10
Juan, 10 or 11
Rotilio, 10
Samuel, 10
Rafelio, 10
Ricardo, 9
Reynaldo, 9
Jose, 8
Benito, 8
Bernardino, 8
Jaime, 7
Luis Miguel, 7
Cristobal, 7
Jose Alfrede, 7
Nelson, 6
Juan Manuel, 5

Girls

Julia, 10
Elicia, 10
Carmen, 10
Emelda, 10
Graciella, 10
Jaqueline, 8
Diana, 6
Celestina, 6
Fetinica, 7

MrsFDT
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 08:09 PM

Quote:
... the niños are sure lucky to have you thinking of them! I nominate you Saint Ferna:saint:

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Following FDT wherever the Baja wind takes him.... That is, if its going in the same direction I am.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 08:10 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 08:49 PM

OK. I must be really stupid. What is the purpose of all the laughing faces? This is SERIOUS stuff; and we had a lot of rain today. We've no idea what we'll encounter when we head into "town" tomorrow...

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 11:24 PM

:lol::o:lol::o:o:o:lol::no:;D;):yawn::barf::(:bounce::coolup::?::cool::light::spingrin::tumble::saint::yes::P:P:lol::spingrin::tumble:

MrsFDT
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 12:04 AM

Laughing is the best thing to take your mind off the stress of the "what if's" Trust me we have all had them this last week.

We are very aware of the weather and I have no doubt that everything will be ok, including whats left for these families.

I wish we could do more. Somehow, a gift and a meal just doesnt seem enough, but it will help with one day. I hope it will be a memorable one for them.

We can all take back with us, a hope. One that reminds us that mankind isnt all bad and some people really do care about a fellow human being. Although we cant do a whole lot, we did think to do something for someone else.

Thank you guys for all the support, gift and donations. YOU, the NOMADS did this. Fernando just had an idea.

Without you it would have been just another good idea floating around in someones head.

Following FDT wherever the Baja wind takes him.... That is, if its going in the same direction I am.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsFDT
Laughing is the best thing to take your mind off the stress of the "what if's" Trust me we have all had them this last week.

We are very aware of the weather and I have no doubt that everything will be ok, including whats left for these families.

I wish we could do more. Somehow, a gift and a meal just doesnt seem enough, but it will help with one day. I hope it will be a memorable one for them.

We can all take back with us, a hope. One that reminds us that mankind isnt all bad and some people really do care about a fellow human being. Although we cant do a whole lot, we did think to do something for someone else.

Thank you guys for all the support, gift and donations. YOU, the NOMADS did this. Fernando just had an idea.

Without you it would have been just another good idea floating around in someones head.
Aren't you supposed to be asleep? is a early wakeup call tomorrow,Im ready.Right on your coment Simone We help b ut it was fernando that made the wheels go round and round.So tanke you and your family for making this happend and also all the nomads,see you guys tomorrow..

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 07:15 AM

Feliz Dia de Reyes a todos

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 07:49 AM

Dia De Reyes. Remembering the day when the Three Wise Men following the star to Bethlehem, arrived bearing their treasured gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh for the Baby Jesus.

Ay, ay, ay, ay, Feliz Dia De Reyes

Feliz Dia de Reyes to all the wonderful people who gave from their heart and also to those who couldn’t but were there in spirit. And to all the behind the scenes people who travel to and fro picking up the gifts, delivering them, cataloging them, wrapping them. To those who stay up late nights fretting if it will come off or not. To those who do anything to bring this day forward you deserve a round of applause for your hard and dedicated work.
Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
For those in Ensenada preparing all of this, gathering children, preparing the gathering place and meal and organizing everything on that end.:yes:

May this day, “Dia De Reyes,” bring lots of smiles and sunshine to the children who through your generosity and caring make this day possible!

[Edited on 1-6-2008 by ELINVESTI8]

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 07:55 AM

Thank you for those in Ensenada preparing all of this, gathering children, preparing the gathering place and meal and organizing everything on that end.:yes:

[Edited on 1-8-2008 by fdt]

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 12:54 AM

Unfortunately we were not able to stay in town for the gathering. We asked Dennis to pass on our hellos to those able to attend. We left Punta Banda this morning at 6am under rain and cloudy skies, and are finally home and online again at almost midnight. Flash flood warnings here.
I hope that the event went well and will await a report.

P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 12:05 PM
Informal Dia de Reyes Report/w-pictures

All started on january 6 ,about 8:30am.A number of Nomads meet up in the lloyds Bldg,across the Border.The mission was simple,to deliver toys that we smuggle across the SYborder, to some happy kids in Ensenada.There I meet Mark(grover),dough(him,self/w-familiy),Fernando(FDT) y familia.
On to Ensenada via the Libre rd,no bad weather was going to stop us.we encounter some rocks in the road due to heavey rains,with no problem we reach the toll road in Popotla.In Ensenada Fdt a short but very interesting sight trip .Fraccionamiento CHAPULTEPEC was firts for a different view of Ensenada.Quick stop to take pictures and to learn that Fernando learn how to swim in one of those houses in the hill.Next a quick drive to Town untill we reach La Riviera del Pacifico,A Historical Bldg atribbuted to Al cappone,in the late 1930's.The Place was close due to some maintenance, But Fernando with is scharm convice the Administrator to open it for us for a quick tour.The group left with a quick stop for some Ensenada tacos and then off to are destination LA INDIA BONITA, there the kids were ready for us.It was a full house every body behave ,specially the kids.They were feed and latter the gifts and then the Rosca,Note some of this kids have never had Rosca de Reyes or being to a restaurant,so they enjoy every minute of it.All the gifts went fast and on to the Bikes.It was handle with a list of neady kids,they got their bikes/with elboe and knee and head protection(at least most of the kids got this,not enough for all of them lol)thanks for donnations from Nomads.I left with a smile and with a promisse to ROTILIO(this kid didn'd get a bike so I promise one) .Thanks to All nomads that help,with the gifts with the$$$$ with their time,No names need to be mention here you guys no who you are.Thanks Ferna I will be back next year if possible to do this again I had a BLAST IN BAJA........

Thanks to Lupita in La India Bonita
Thanks to all the Nomads in Punta Banda
Thanks to All Nomads that colaborated,with this event....

[Edited on 1-8-2008 by BAJACAT]

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 12:07 PM

The bikes are ready lets gooo!!

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 12:08 PM

Bad weather so whattttttttt hehehe...

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 12:10 PM

Colonia Chapultepec,stunning view..

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 12:12 PM

La Riviera del Pacifico

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 12:14 PM

Nomads in History mode

Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.