Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Sad news in Tecate...Juan Soriano Killed
rdrrm8e
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 01:10 PM
Sad news in Tecate...Juan Soriano Killed

There doesn't seem to be light at the end of the tunnel yet.

By Lizbeth Diaz
REUTERS

December 4, 2007

TIJUANA, Mexico – Gunmen killed the police chief of a Mexican city bordering California Tuesday by shooting him some 50 times in an apparent revenge attack after police found a drug-smuggling tunnel under the border.
Gunmen broke into the house of Tecate police chief Juan Soriano in the early hours of the morning and shot him repeatedly in the face and torso as he slept in bed with his wife, an official at the Baja California state attorney general's office told Reuters. His wife was not hit.

The killing of Soriano, who had started his job only last week, appeared to be an act of revenge against Mexican police, who Monday discovered a tunnel nearly a mile long running into California from Tecate near the Pacific coast after a tip-off from the U.S. Border Patrol.

"As soon as Soriano made public the discovery of the tunnel, he went home and hours later, they executed him in his bedroom," said the official, who requested anonymity.

Police also found two tons of marijuana in a vehicle near the tunnel, which ran from an abandoned warehouse close to the Tecate crossing point into a rural area of Southern California, and was one of the longest ever discovered along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The Mexican government says the deployment of some 25,000 troops and federal police across Mexico is halting drug violence between warring cartels fighting for dominance of smuggling routes to the United States, citing a fall in monthly murder tolls.

But violence has continued in Baja California, Mexico's bloodiest state, where more than 300 people have been killed this year.

Some 2,350 people have died in Mexican drug violence so far this year, most of them members of rival gangs.

Mexico police chief murder linked to border tunnel | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN04471445)

[Edited on 12-4-2007 by rdrrm8e]
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 01:16 PM

But violence has continued in Baja California, Mexico's bloodiest state, where more than 300 people have been killed this year.

Wow! What we have is Columbia at our southern border. Abre ojos everybody.

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
Bajajack
Banned

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 01:39 PM

Hit by 50 bullets, his wife was not, and no one saw a thing, sound familiar, this was a message sent and it was not from the cartel, no ******* way.

[Edited on 12-4-2007 by Hose A]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajack
Hit by 50 bullets, his wife was not, and no one saw a thing, sound familiar, this was a message sent and it was not from the cartel, no ******* way.

Then, who did it? Who ordered it done?

[Edited on 12-4-2007 by Hose A]
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 02:23 PM

Smack, Smack. Are you awake yet Dennis. Jack was being facetious. Now I know that is a big word for you, but you can google it.

Dennis, sorry. I can only give mierda to people who fall within certain peramiters now. Unfortunately for you, you are one of them. Read...... people who can take a joke.:P

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 02:30 PM

Minnow....

I still can't tell if he was being facetious or not but, I've been preoccupied trying to figure out what seven letter word he had dumped. Does anybody know? "Logical" fits. This is like a crossword puzzle.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 02:31 PM

humor, sarcasim, anger any emotion for that matter needs a smiley to drive the message, IMO.

I have learned this the hard way.:wow:

Ken
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajack

Then, who did it? Who ordered it done?

Wayne Newton
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 02:40 PM

You mean Wayne Newton the dancer?
Actually, I was thinking that since his wife was right next to him and wasn't hit that maybe she had it done. You know....Honeymoon's over, trouble in Paradise and all that stuff.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 02:44 PM

I would have to side with Dennis on that one. The way Bajajack wrote it didn't appear facetious. I can see how it could be facetious, but subtlety is lost in phrasing by novice writers. In the spoken language, intent would be made clearer by inflection.

Dennis is sometimes deserving of criticism. Aren't we all? In my opinion, this is not one of those times.

There is also the possibility that Bajajack is serious and is presenting an opinion. Doubtful, but I have seen others offer that opinion. (Picture a straight face, no smile, wide eyes, eyebrows arched, no wink wink).

rdrrm8e
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 03:02 PM

Another thread hijacked by the semantics police.:?:

Can we stay on topic please:mad:
toneart
Ultra Nomad

thumbdown.gif posted on 12-4-2007 at 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rdrrm8e
Another thread hijacked by the semantics police.:?:

Can we stay on topic please:mad:

It did stay on topic. Someone offered an opinion. The opinion was questioned. This is what we do. We all want to know "who done it". Your criticism is even more out of line than the criticism you are objecting to.

If you want to not hijack the thread, why don't you offer an opinion on the topic?

JZ
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 03:13 PM

This is CRAZY stuff.
Bajajack
Banned

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 03:14 PM

OK, without going into a lot of details that would probably be deleted anyway, it's pretty easy to figure out.

BP notifies chief of tunnel, whether crooked or honest he has no choice now but announce it, shortly thereafter 2 tons of grass are found by the Tecate Police, same thing with them, they are now being watched and have no choice.

The grass was already at the border so the bad guys have already been paid and could really give a r*ts a**.

Now, who has the most to lose when the new chief has to start spilling his guts the next day?
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 03:48 PM

Now that's almost as clear as my frosted bathroom window.:?:
I think that I better have some serious Tequila.:)
I'm sure that after a quart or so, it should come to me. :biggrin::biggrin:

And BTW, Dennis's idea about the wife makes more sense.:P

[Edited on 12-4-2007 by vandenberg]

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 03:48 PM

The contraband was found on the US side of the border, according to other accounts I have read about the tunnel.

bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 03:53 PM

I'm reading the report and watching the news on TV. Their having a live interview with the BP sector chief talking about the victorious tunnel find. He gave a evasive answer about what was at the other end of the tunnel. He said it was in the hands of the Mexican narco police. Never mentioned the Tecate shooting.

Who in the **** are the narco police?

Why do they have a sector chief who is english language challenged?

[Edited on 12-5-2007 by Hose A]
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 04:00 PM

Just how much was found on the Mexican side of the tunnel waiting to be transported? and what was done with it, and where is it now, nobody knows. (The police chief knew!!!!!!!!!)

[Edited on 12-4-2007 by comitan]

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
toneart
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Now that's almost as clear as my frosted bathroom window.:?:
I think that I better have some serious Tequila.:)
I'm sure that after a quart or so, it should come to me. :biggrin::biggrin:

And BTW, Dennis's idea about the wife makes more sense.:P

[Edited on 12-4-2007 by vandenberg]

:lol::lol::lol:

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 05:03 PM

This is a rough crowd. All of you tough guys should be issued automatic weapons from the (U.S. side of course) and sent to the border as Gringo decoys in a Gringo camper and shoot the ******** yourselves. Sheesh :lol:

[Edited on 12-5-2007 by Hose A]

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.