Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Seven Sisters???
DERN
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2007 at 09:19 PM
Seven Sisters???

It's been huge up here on the Central Coast lately. After seeing the post about Ens/Todos surf (Bajaboy), you know the Sisters were going off.
Being fairly early in the season, I'd imagine those that were there, sitting around twiddling their thumbs, scored with only their Bros out.
Don't worry you S.D guys. I'm fat and my back hurts. Surfing isn't my priority anymore, but still clings tight to my heart and soul. Sooo, give it up. Stories/ Photos?? Woody?

On another note: Paulina and I were just talking yesterday about the affect of the surfer migration heading south this winter.
With all the B.S. going on in T.J. etc. I'd imagine it will be fairly quiet this year. What's your thought?

Dern

s
vivaloha
Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 12-7-2007 at 11:25 PM
Curious about the west swell up and down the Pacific Coast...

Yeah, some surf reports would be highly appreciated...
Like the other guy said, PHOTOS would be neato!

Baja California can be a heaven or hell experience - often the determining factor is your AWARENESS in the moment.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 02:58 PM

The Jurjos surf team here has had excellent west waves to gear up for their competition here on de.22-23...we didn't get the enormous waves we thought we would but it did pump for a couple days...around 14'..gorgeous breakers in front of our place and it was breaking across the channel between the island and the point.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
chino
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 07:21 PM

The sisters were big but not as big as Navidad 05', Woody called it with a warning to camp above the sand and it saved our rig, one off shore San Diego buoy was running around 33' 20 seconds. at the point we camped it was too big to get out, we did surf the day before and it was maxxing. Sorry for no photos, this year I am out of the water with a spine surgery and need to focus on things that I can do.
vivaloha
Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 12-9-2007 at 11:23 AM

Chino - hope your back heals up soon and you can get back out in the surf...
Thanks for the buoy reports...I've made it back out in the water after a couple
of injuries and it only makes you appreciate it more! In the mean time, surf
in your mind, stretch, yoga and get ready for healthy days ahead!

Vivaloha

Baja California can be a heaven or hell experience - often the determining factor is your AWARENESS in the moment.
The Sculpin
Nomad

Mood: Riding into the Sunset, looking for a sunrise.

[*] posted on 12-9-2007 at 11:30 AM

Hey Dern, your back hurts because your fat!! Get that belly under control and get back in the water. We need more old timers in the water to teach these yung'ns about repect!!

Whoa there, Cowboy - pull back on those reins!
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 12-9-2007 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sculpin
We need more old timers in the water to teach these yung'ns about repect!!

"re-pect" is that when its your turn in the pecking order for a wave, but you blow it, then paddle back out and still think it's your turn??:lol:

The Beachy's were out of control on tue and wed...but thursday it cleaned up nicely

perfection.jpg - 20kB
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 12-9-2007 at 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Hah! That's funny!
IS that the 'Strand or Shores in your pic?

Niether...but your close!
DERN
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2007 at 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chino
The sisters were big but not as big as Navidad 05', Woody called it with a warning to camp above the sand and it saved our rig, one off shore San Diego buoy was running around 33' 20 seconds. at the point we camped it was too big to get out, we did surf the day before and it was maxxing. Sorry for no photos, this year I am out of the water with a spine surgery and need to focus on things that I can do.

Cool. It sounds like the Sisters were working. Where were you camping/surfing? When it's pumping, there's a lot of water moving around the points, making it a pain in the arse lining up with all the current, but that's just all part of the program. We can't wait to get back there. We're trying to work out a Christmas/New Years campout. We'll see??? We stayed at Diablo back in August. Fishing only. Talk about paradise.

Shari, it must have been big to be able to turn the corner your way. Any shots of your "Secret Spots" going off to spread all over the internet??? Just kidding. Inquiring minds want to know.

Sculpin: I suffer from noassatol. However, my belly is growing as though I am 3-4 pregnant. I also had lower back surgery 4 years ago. As much as I'd like to teach these youngin's a lesson, I still have to tip toe around my back. It's funny how you go through your younger years thinking you're invincible until you wake up one morning and say " Oh My God, My Body Hurts!!!" The sad thing is, is that I'm only 36. I know, core exercise, yoga, water, strength training. I need to get on the program. Excuses, excuses.

DERN

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.