Pages:  1  2    4  ..  11
Author: Subject: MATOMI NOMAD TRIP, PRESIDENTS DAY WEEKEND
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 12-27-2007 at 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeans
I would consider another trip. I could take a rider to split expenses.

What are aprox. expenses for this trip?

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-27-2007 at 05:07 PM

Fuel... Mexican auto insurance (unless you have an annual policy)... camping food... beer... beer... beeer... beeeeeeeeeeeeer... Did I say beer?

Oh, and if at Nuevo Mazatlan the charge for camping... http://vivabaja.com/nm It was $20 last time we camped there: http://vivabaja.com/806

Perhaps BajaRob can check on it from Arvada George who is there right now?

The beach at Nuevo Mazatlan:

The shaded campground (with flush toilets and cold showers)

[Edited on 12-28-2007 by David K]

[Edited on 12-28-2007 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 12-27-2007 at 08:21 PM

Gotta spend a night in Matomi. Nice deep sand under your tent, lots of wild life sounds, Iron wood and Mesquite for the camp fire, great acoustics for pyro-techniques. What more do ya need???

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2007 at 09:01 PM

Im still up for the challenge,if you guys still want to do it,we just need somebody to lead the way,I have never been in matomi.Hopefully by then david K can make it.

Ps sorry David,about loosing my head (previus post).,I was jjust kidding, I still would like to see you make this trip,and Im not alone.

Expenses, depends on what you are willing to take. I think for this trip I will not expend more than $201,but thats just me.

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2007 at 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
I think for this trip I will not expend more than $201,but thats just me.

Out of my range than, all I can afford is $199.78. :rolleyes:

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2007 at 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Quote:
I think for this trip I will not expend more than $201,but thats just me.

Out of my range than, all I can afford is $199.78. :rolleyes:
Im willing to lend you the other $1.22, and you can pay me back in two easy payments of $.61 no interest on aproved credit....:rolleyes:

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-28-2007 at 08:51 AM

BajaCat, you will do fine if I am not there... no problema!

By-the-way, the leader must be the first one in for a swim! It ain't exactly warm water in February... I KNOW, look:

elgatoloco photo

In 2004, Geo Rock jumped in, and some of the other girls did too!:

Mexray photo

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

El Camote
Senior Nomad

Mood: y Blues

[*] posted on 12-28-2007 at 04:51 PM

I like the idea of camping at the Matomi rancho. Is there anyone living there these days? Anyone who's self-contained is welcome to camp on our lot pero tenemos no casita ahora so no el bano for todos! :no::wow:

Not to worry if DK can't make it, BajaLou knows the back country like, well, the back of his hand. Would be cool if as much of the old crew as possible could make it.

Knowledge is good. - Emil Faber
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2007 at 09:24 PM

I like the sound of that amigo Camote, I still want to go, if bajalou is interested in leading the way.. Im innn.......

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2007 at 09:25 PM

One more thing everybody knows cats hate waTer...:lol::lol::lol:

BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 12-29-2007 at 08:03 AM
Si David

George came by here yesterday and will be here for the clams. When he arrived at Nuevo Mazatlan, the restrooms were boarded up and the water was turned off. The asking price was $20 but he negotiated a better deal for his group.
The restrooms were opened and the water was turned on.
We would be up for at least a day trip. We camped near the ranch house for 3 days last spring. There were 3 cowboys in the house and 100 head of cattle nearby. The cowboys were very friendly and we shared our food, cokes, and beer with them. We cleaned out and left a porta potti for the next time.
The Parade of Lights is tonight and our Clam Fiesta is Monday.
MrsFDT
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2007 at 03:55 PM

This sounds like fun, we need to stretch out the tent and air it out some. I may be starting a new job in early January, so all depends on if they let me off on that Monday. Pending the new job we may be able to swing that extra $1.99:biggrin:

Following FDT wherever the Baja wind takes him.... That is, if its going in the same direction I am.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2007 at 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsFDT
This sounds like fun, we need to stretch out the tent and air it out some. I may be starting a new job in early January, so all depends on if they let me off on that Monday. Pending the new job we may be able to swing that extra $1.99:biggrin:
Dont worry Simone I got your back I allready toll Ferna that he can borrow the $1.99 from me, thats what Baja friends are for..:lol::lol::lol:

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2007 at 10:11 AM

I'm actualy just short $1.22 so if you guys lend me an extra .77¢ I can buy some beer for the road. :lol:

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2007 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
I'm actualy just short $1.22 so if you guys lend me an extra .77¢ I can buy some beer for the road. :lol:
Well Ferna I don't know Have you seen the thread about the beer going up in price....http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=28924

Gadget
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2008 at 01:39 PM

So whats sup with this trip? I start physical therapy on my knee and shoulder this afternoon for surgery I had on Tuesday. Think I may be loosened back up enough to pull this off over Pres weekend. Got all my fab and repair work done on GSB before my repair work, so its ready. Some good sand wash wheeling could be just what I need.

Is there still a crew :?::?:

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
Gadget
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2008 at 01:57 PM

I sure hope so,I will contact Bajalou again to see If he can lead the trip.should be nice to see who still wants to make this possible,so if you are interested,let us know via this thread.So we know who and how many nomads what to go.

Gadget
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2008 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
I sure hope so,I will contact Bajalou again to see If he can lead the trip.should be nice to see who still wants to make this possible,so if you are interested,let us know via this thread.So we know who and how many nomads what to go.

Haven't you heard? All roads lead to where you're going in Baja! "We donn neeed no stinking leederz" But heh, Bajalou, if you want to be the large and in charge dude, then, I salute you my fearless leaderz!!! All we really need is a bunch of folks who want to go somewhere.
Gosh with all the GPS data we can tap into from David K we could play pin the tail on the location and probably find it blindfolded.
I have Matomi on my GSP from both directions, just need the turn off bling for the oasis and it's a done dealyoh. :lol:

[Edited on 1-28-2008 by Gadget]

See you in Baja
Gadget
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2008 at 02:48 PM

Ok lets go, with your bright lights shouldn't be no problem.So people start signing in.We can leave mid friday Feb-15 or late friday,make camp in Nuevo Mazatlan.Saturday,quick trips around S-Felipe,um Im thinking,Valle de Gigantes,maybe and old mine,open to suggestions.And around 2:00pm we can start heading to Matomi via valle Chico.Camp saturday night in Matomi, and return Sunday afternoon.Everything is open for suggestions.
Time of departure
Camping spot for Friday
sidetrips for Saturday morning
Time exiting Matomi on Sunday

Ps LET ME KNOW, WHAT WORKS FOR YOU GUYS..

The squarecircle
Nomad

Mood: 'Baja Feeling'

[*] posted on 1-29-2008 at 01:06 PM

Greetings all,

Sounds like a lot of fun and some good exercise for "Winston" (my Ford made in England). It is big and heavy and burrows deep in loose sand. It would be nice to get out of town for a change.

Best Regards, sq.
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.