Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: New Development in La Ribera
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2008 at 01:54 PM
New Development in La Ribera

This is from the Baja Pone Express:

Cabo Riviera "The new marina and golf course in La Ribera"

Cabo Riviera is a master planned development, which encompasses 334 hectares located in La Ribera. The master plan calls for a 18 hole plus additional 9 hole Pete Dye Signature golf course, full service marina, and two 5 star resort complexes.

Pete Dye has been voted by Business Week and golf digest as one of the premier golf course architects of all time, landing nine designs on Golf Digest's list of America's greatest courses. The resort group is "Related Companies" out of New York and Florida
www.related.com . The marina will house 350 channel waterfront lots, 36 private beachfront lots with yacht moorings, as well as an overnight/day use marina. Dry dock facilities will be available for boat launching, storage and maintenance.

The marina, golf course, and resort hotels have projected completion date of three years. The permits are in place and heavy equipment has been arriving with anticipation for construction to commence next month.

The developer did release 60 channel lots for reservations, which were sold out, however another 15 lots were released with the same early bird incentives. Many of our clients took advantage of this opportunity as did Kimberly and I. If you are interested in reserving a marina lot, these same discounts will apply on the few channel lots that may be available. If you are interested in seeing the diagram of the proposed marina please go to
http://www.bajabeachinvestments.com/Cabo_Riveria_Marina/page... . This rendering is not the final layout as a few changes are still in the works.

As an owner of marina of golf course property, you will be entitled to discounts on the marina services and golf privileges. With over $100 million in infrastructure, this development will be one of the well conceived projects in all of Baja. There is actually a planned employee housing area which will enable the development to accommodate their work force.

If you have questions regarding the Cabo Riveria or would like to inquire about purchasing a marina channel lot, I would encourage you to contact me directly via email or my cell phone

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 1-1-2008 at 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy

The marina, golf course, and resort hotels have projected completion date of three years.

:lol::lol::lol:
Completion of development projects predictions in Mexico should be part of a comedy act.:biggrin:
Looking here at Loreto Bay, with a 12 year, 6000 home completion estimate prediction. First phase, after 4 years, 300 homes, not even close to half finished.:(

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2008 at 02:45 PM

Here is the link if anyone is interested in investing. Scroll down to find this entry.

http://groups.google.com/group/bajaponyexpress3/web/bajabiz-...

:lol::P:lol::P:lol::P:lol::P:lol::P

jack
Nomad

Mood: Eat Heavy

[*] posted on 1-1-2008 at 03:05 PM

Another nice Mexican town ruined.
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2008 at 07:06 PM

im with you jack, used to launch the zodiac there and that little town had some of the coldest beer.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2008 at 11:02 PM

HaHaHaHaHaHa
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2008 at 11:17 PM

Remember Bahia de los Muertos professional Golf courses and custom homes, how many years now 12 or more and no golf course or even driveways to the 3-4 mansions or access to the beach from the mansions--developed by lee trevino reportedly. wahoooo
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 1-2-2008 at 06:39 AM

anyone who thinks the east cape will not be developed is a fool.

it will and sooner than later to relieve pressure and prices at the cape which is red hot.

there are large parcels being assembled everywhere and planning goes on.
just because LB isn't fairing well has no bearing on other sites.

i love the east cape and hope to live there part time one day - and at a nice development would be fine.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2008 at 07:34 AM

In Palmas Bay, where they will build the new marina/hotel/golf complex the seven existing fishing resorts struggle in the winter (and in the heat of the summer) to stay up and open and staffed. This last year was slim pickins for them as Cabo and La Paz tried to stay at par. In La Ribera the 10 to 25 kts of wind from November to April will put a large dent in their balance sheet from fishing/golfing/marina (yachties won't pay $1500 a month to be bounced around in their slips). There might be years with big potential for more tourists but I can assure you there are no years here without sizzling summers and wind-whipped winters. We like it just the way it is but it will be developed, some will be profitable, others will not. The taxistas are the unknown ringer in this thing = $80 taxi one way from the airport at SJDC and soon to go up and up.
Slowmad
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2008 at 03:18 PM

Dark days.
Not unexpected.
But nonetheless dark.

The only requirement for love or chorizo is confidence.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2008 at 05:16 PM

Actually, I was visiting Rancho Buena Vista in Los Barriles last week and there were new investors who partnered to advance redevelopment of Rancho Buena Vista's 500 acres and also to develop a property equally large in the area near La Ribera. I don't know if it is the same project as the one implied in this message. The newly formed group, pledged to make a nice resort that would cater to a broad range of people, including famlies and not outprice itself or close its doors to visitors. Its hard to know whether their words are in line with their actions but it seems like good intentions learned from experiences.

La Ribera is a nice place that receives strong nearly onshore el norte and thermal winds in winter making it great for kiteboarding and windsurfing with large breaking wind swell waves.

[Edited on 1-3-2008 by gnukid]
Peloncito
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2008 at 01:13 AM

Directly from their web site!

"The East Cape of the Sea of Cortez has long been know for world class bill fishing but without a Marina to harbor larger sport fishing boats. Cabo Riviera will solve this problem with a new Marina and Golf resort located in La Ribera, BCS, Mexico. Over 400 channel lots will provide waterfront moorings for home buyers along with two five star resorts as anchor tenants."

Great, apparently all of those 28-32 foot sportfishing boats which have been moored off shore during the fishing seasons for the last 30 years are not considered "larger sport fishing boats". I guess I will have to run wakes with Paul Allen and Larry Ellison to catch my dinner.....
Cardon Man
Super Nomad

Mood: !Al Chingaso!

[*] posted on 1-3-2008 at 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Peloncito

"The East Cape of the Sea of Cortez has long been know for world class bill fishing but without a Marina to harbor larger sport fishing boats. Cabo Riviera will solve this problem with a new Marina and Golf resort located in La Ribera, BCS, Mexico. Over 400 channel lots will provide waterfront moorings for home buyers along with two five star resorts as anchor tenants."

Anyone who's familiar with the beach in the vicinity of this planned development knows that it is a very dynamic stretch of sand which changes each year as storms and wind reshape the shore line. Additionaly, the very large arroyo to the North is prone to flooding. After this years hurricane the rising waters of this arroyo swept right into the area where the golf course and homes would be. It will be interesting to see how they solve these engineering issues.
Crusoe
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2008 at 09:45 AM

Very,very sad!.........Osprey is right.....La Ribera is one of the last authentic Mexican towns existing in Baja Sur. It is where many of the working class Mexicans can still afford to live and own property and have familys. This will almost for sure change this. The south end of Las Palmas Bay has to be one of the most extreem wind holes that exists in all of Baja.It is the absolute worse place to attempt to build a new marina. And as Cardon Man states, the conditions of the shifting sand bar and the consistant flooding of not one, but two major arroyos, is going to play out severely with new expensive houses washed out to sea each summer during hurricane season. Beleive me, as I have spent many winters beach camping in this area and kayacking and sailing and surfing this area at all times of the year. Any large scale development is a huge mistake. ++C++ :mad::mad:
Peloncito
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2008 at 02:35 PM

Right you are Cardon & Crusoe!!!!! Here is the custom developments beach access road. Looks like this every time it rains...

windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2008 at 05:18 PM

Quote:
Right you are Cardon & Crusoe!!!!! Here is the custom developments beach access road. Looks like this every time it rains...

Looks like it is actually possible to have a "channel lot" without the necessity of investing!:rolleyes:

I love being able to enjoy the space and leave no trace!

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
Cardon Man
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2008 at 07:10 PM

Quote:

Classic shot Peloncito. That's a wet and muddy stretch of road after rains... to say the least.
I'm sure they will push to pave that road but ...what about containing that massive arroyo? Seems like it will take a very serious effort and lots of cash to tame that thing!
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 08:58 AM

It say beachfront lots with water, power and sewer, so are they going to treat the sewage or just shoot it straight offshore like everywhere else in mex?
Cardon Man
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg
It say beachfront lots with water, power and sewer, so are they going to treat the sewage or just shoot it straight offshore like everywhere else in mex?

That's a good question. I may be wrong but I bet that stuff goes right into the Sea.

That area is pretty unique with lots of fresh water seeping into the Sea and even some fresh/brackish lagoons. Bait fish and juvenille game fish of all kinds thrive there and probably even spawn there. Shore line developments, marinas, and breakwaters can be harmfull to those kinds of enviroments.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 12:19 PM
New Marina

Here's a plot plan I kinda, sorta cobbled together.

Google Marina copy nomad.jpg - 43kB
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.