Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Need Nomad Opinion on Mexico Expo
Kell-Baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 01:49 PM

I vote for Scottish Rite Center. Also, when we will get more info on adding an exhibit?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 03:08 PM
works for me

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
"your world must be fairly restricted?? "
hardly - my world is not limited by travel expos
I probably won't go even if it is 6 miles from my house with free parking and free entrance. I've already have been to the book shows - probably own the books - not interested in buying real estate - already know the "SECRET" spots which will not be the focus of such an event. I've got enough material for my own expo.
I don't care how they make money - it's advertising - and that costs money.

your points are valid.

where are the secret spots??:biggrin:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 03:43 PM

Well now, if I told you, they wouldn't be secret anymore, would they.
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 10:20 PM

Wow, what a great response. Thanks to everyone for all views and suggestions. Let me fill you in on a couple things.

The goal of the Mexico Expo is to promote all Mexico has to offer including tourism, culture and real estate. Ideally, I would like to have tourism be the main focus, but the real estate companies pay the bill right now. This is only our 3rd year.

In the future we expect representatives from most destinations in Baja and the rest of Mexico. I envision 120-150 exhibitors. As of now, we will probably have 60-70 exhibitors. One of our sponsors this year will be AeroMexico which will donate two roundtrip airline tickets to Mexico as a grand prize in the attendees giveaways. We'll have other prizes too.

A couple of answers to your questions/suggestions:

-All Nomads will get in free whether there is an admission fee or not.

-In past expos, as David K mentioned, we have had Discover Baja, Pro Peninsula, Baja Cactus, Wildcoast, Galeria Perez Mellion, Ignacio Springs, Pyramid Resort and others exhibit and they all have an open invitation to exhibit again. In fact I discount their booths because I think it's important to have them there.

-We'll have eight speakers this year and some of those go to the real estate sponsors. I am also close to possibly having the Baja California Secretary of Tourism speak about Baja including the recent crime wave. If not his second in command. These are interactive and you can ask questions direct to the source.

-I am also hoping Graham Mackintosh will be back so he can speak and if not, we will have another author fill one of the spots.

-If we do Del Mar Farigrounds (which is more likely), the parking suggestion Jeans made is a good one. I saw others parked there and the tram was going back and forth at times. If no tram, it's an easy walk in. Also, the Home and Garden is the same day so you could kill two birds with one stone if you wanted to go there too.

-I've sent a U2U to Doug with some suggestions and I hope he will have his shirts, etc. there. Also, Doug thanks for letting me "poll" everyone.

-If you go to http://www.mexicotravelandrealestate.com you can see who will be exhibiting so far. If they have a link they have paid for their spot, if not we are waiting for payment.

I hope this answers questions for you and any other suggestions, let me know.

Thanks,
Ted

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-8-2008 at 10:16 AM

Thank you Ted, see you March 1st I hope!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-8-2008 at 10:19 AM
Booth at the Mexico Expo

Quote:
Originally posted by Kell-Baja
I vote for Scottish Rite Center. Also, when we will get more info on adding an exhibit?

Click here: http://www.mexicotravelandrealestate.com and see the link to click in the text...

[Edited on 1-8-2008 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 1-8-2008 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
Well now, if I told you, they wouldn't be secret anymore, would they.

:lol::lol::bounce::lol::bounce::lol::lol::lol:

gringorio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 06:32 PM

I agree with awfulart - Just wish I could be there!

Quote:
Originally posted by awfulart
I like the idea of having more information on turtles, whales, birding, ecology. Not just books, but people to present talks. Don't get me wrong - books are very important and I have many. Real people allow dialog. Perhaps authors can give talks? Really enjoyed last year and looking forward to this year. Hope Baja Cactus will be there.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 1-10-2008 at 06:27 AM

i say get loreto bay to come speak, they have staff in Scottsdale Az so they are close. maybe they can sell a few bungalows while they're there?

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.