Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Crime Story goes National
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 07:56 PM

Trump Baja Resort is at the EXACT spot on the toll road the article highlights! No wonder the Trump people haven't gotten much built on the site besides a trench (although they did break the one-day sales record for all of Baja when the first phase sold out in one day last year). You'd think the Trump org would protect their investent better- or at least make apublis show of looking like they care about their investors.
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gull
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajabus
That same story was in NC's News and observer 2nd page of the front section.

This is bound to have a big impact on visitor numbers

Naive and/or wishful on your part.

50,000 of North Carolina residents were planning on going to Baja prior to the article. I understand it is now up 250,000.

Apparently he is a psychic flying rat now and not just a flying rat.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 1-8-2008 at 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Theop
I tell the cop when my wife sees my signal, she will send the picture to the local Sindictura who I already gave $$$ to. I then tell the cop If the sindictura hangs your burro and can prove it to me he gets triple the $$$ I gave him. They always rant & rave, but they back off, works like a champ!!!

Welcome to Baja Nomad Theop.
If the cops back off with your story, it has to be because of the good laugh because you already got taken by whoever collected your sindicatura money.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2008 at 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Quote:
I tell the cop when my wife sees my signal, she will send the picture to the local Sindictura who I already gave $$$ to. I then tell the cop If the sindictura hangs your burro and can prove it to me he gets triple the $$$ I gave him. They always rant & rave, but they back off, works like a champ!!!

Welcome to Baja Nomad Theop.
If the cops back off with your story, it has to be because of the good laugh because you already got taken by whoever collected your sindicatura money.

Thanks FDT. Well said
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2008 at 08:39 AM

Quote:
... I always take the cops picture with a cell phone real quick when they come to my truck and hand the phone to my wife. I tell the cop when my wife sees my signal, she will send the picture to the local Sindictura who I already gave $$$ to. I then tell the cop If the sindictura hangs your burro and can prove it to me he gets triple the $$$ I gave him. They always rant & rave, but they back off, works like a champ!!!

You guys don't understand Theop, he says he tells a story. He didn't literally bribe one cop to protect him from another. The cell camera and its immediacy helps enforce the threat.

Point being, you need a good story with technology mixed in and one that 'one ups' the cops story. The only way to stop a corrupt cop is with the threat of something over his head, be creative like Theop and tell a good one, which also includes photos and all bad guys will back down.

Now if you really did break the law--you should get your ticket and pay.

[Edited on 1-10-2008 by gnukid]

The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
The article clearly distinguished the problems in Northern Baja/TJ from the southern area. Without advance deposits a lot of underfinanced developments will grind to a halt. Many americans buyers in Rosarito are shocked to find out there are no requirements for a "completion bond". How many years did we drive by those Calafia towers before they got finsihed?

The Towers at Calafia are finished? Not when I drive by.

This week Irvine, CA was hailed in the news as the safest city in the US over 100,000 people because they had only 3-4 murders and some large number of rapes, car thefts, car jacking, violent assaults...on and on.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Moving from Baja to Irvine would expose anyone to greater risk of being a victim of crime.

Though it is not new, I laugh at the sanctimonious hypocrisy of Americans ranting about Baja crime. Irvine is the safest city...doesn't that speak volumes about the other 300+ million residents in their respective UNSAFE cities.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 08:55 AM

Quote:
Moving from Baja to Irvine would expose anyone to greater risk of being a victim of crime.

We need large signs with the above Gull quote posted at the border at illegal crossing hot-spots. When they read the scarey truth, they won't cross. These people may be poor but, they're not crazy.
Another problem solved.
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

We need large signs with the above Gull quote posted at the border at illegal crossing hot-spots. When they read the scarey truth, they won't cross. These people may be poor but, they're not crazy.
Another problem solved.

You got that one correct. Why limit it to Illegal crossing points? Post it at Otay and SY, northbound.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 02:03 PM

Jeez! All these crime related stories have my relatives worried about me and they live near the murder capital of the USA. :O I ought to be worried about them.:yes:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 03:05 PM

Glll!!
There is one Big!! Big!! Difference IOn Mexico and Us Cities.

Here you can carry a Gun and Blow off the Head of someone who Attacks you.
That is what needs to happen on the Toll Road. Kill a few of those Characters and they will think Twice about Jumping a Surfer.

Can Sufers Fight??

Skeet/Loreto
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 03:08 PM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE DECEMBER 28, 2007

Baja City Police To Give Up Guns
And Undergo Screening As State
And Federal Agents Assume Patrols

ROSARITO BEACH, BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO---Over a period of several weeks police in Baja’s five cities will turn over their weapons and undergo a screening process, Rosarito Beach officials said today.
The actions will be taken in different scales in Tijuana, Mexicali, Ensenada, Rosarito Beach and Tecate, said Rosarito Beach Mayor Hugo Torres.
The process began at noon today when the 150 officers of the Rosarito Beach Police Department began turning over their weapons to military personnel, both for testing and to determine of they were legally issued by the military, said Torres.
All officers also will take a four-hour polygraph test and screening in Tecate to determine if they have engaged in any improper activities, Torres said.
That effort will be supervised by Baja’s State Preventive Police, headed by Daniel de la Rosa.
While this is being done, an equal number of state and federal police will provide law enforcement for Rosarito, under the direction of the city’s new Secretary of Public Safety, Jorge Eduardo Montero, a 41-year-old retired Army captain.
Such efforts have been undertaken periodically by the military, including in Tijuana about a year ago. The military is responsible for issuing all guns to police, but recent concerns with security and crime also prompted the action now, Torres said.
“The governor knows that security is the main issue,” Torres said.
In the meantime, Rosarito has launched a number of other actions to make the city more secure and improve the police department.
As well as bringing in Montero, the new Rosarito administration will raise police salaries 15 percent Jan. 1, offer officers about a $250 monthly performance bonus and add 80 academy-trained officers over the next several months, about 24 as tourist police.
Rosarito also will seek more automatic weapons for city police.
“Crime is not rampant in Rosarito and we have many fine officers, but we realize that both city security and the quality of the police need to be improved,” Torres said. “We believe the state effort in combination with our actions will significantly help achieve those goals.”

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
baja829
Nomad

Mood: BAJA HAPPY

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 04:19 PM

'CRIME-WARY YANKEES SHUN BAJA" -- THE DESERT SUN, JAN. 6, 2008 - PALM SPRINGS & COACHELLA VALLEY -- the sub-title was "Popular strip of beaches hit by assaults -- and finally the article only highlights the happenings from TJ to Rosarito. Unfortunately most people don't read much beyond the headlines and Baja is Baja, not Northern Pacific Baja.
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2008 at 05:42 PM

Funny Gull.........50,000 up to 250,00? I'd be shocked if there were 100 people in NC that have ever heard or, or could even find Baja on a map! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mean people suck!
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2008 at 11:52 AM

Two Tarheels who live in Greensboro are visiting me in Ensenada in March.
Two more from Ashville , NC visit in June. 2 more Heels in July. It must be "Heel" season in Baja.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.