Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Loreto Bay-Buyers Market
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 11:23 AM
Loreto Bay-Buyers Market

If you have ever thought of buying in Loreto Bay (and I don't know why you would): there are about 12 families that have moved into the Casitas. These are the smallest units at about 1,000 sq ft. I talked with one owner who is very unhappy there and wants to sell.....and he tells me there are about 8 others that want to sell. Only problem is that they have to list through Loreto Bay Co. LB has no real incentive to sell as they want to sell their overpriced new units. Anyway, he would sell at a huge loss just to get the hell out of there. I asked about the others and he said it was very strange, but no one wants to talk to the others about selling. I would imagine if you wanted one of these and could get around the contract to list with Loreto Bay, these 9 families would bust their butts to get your money by dropping the price very, very low. My guy is willing to chew off his leg just to get out of the Loreto Bay trap. I was offered his for $200,000 and I am sure he would go lower. I don't want to discourage anyone, but I wouldn't by one for $20,000. However, there are people who like the idea of living in a so-called private community. Just passing this along in case someone is interested.:?:

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 03:06 PM

Capn:
Wonder if this "Breakdown" will have any sffect on the Airlines Companies flying into Loreto out of Houston Texas. Is Continintall Still flying in?
There was a Big Splash in the Houston Papers several Months ago.
Might be some of those People will walk Away from Their Contracts.

Skeet/Loreto
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 05:02 PM

http://www.loretorealty.com/residential.asp

Edit:
Skeet,I saw a Continental jet fly over Loreto this afternoon.

[Edited on 1-7-2008 by Don Alley]
bajadedom
Nomad

Mood: Ready for a change of latitude...

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 07:58 PM

Travelocity has Continental,US Airways and Aeromexico with flights/connections....from Bush in Houston (no pun there) and also can go Alaska and Delta from other locations - as of today.

Why can't these owners 'rent' / lease their places(to an actual buyer) for 99 years or something of the sort....are there restrictions by LBC?:?:

[Edited on 1-7-2008 by bajadedom]
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 08:01 PM
Skeet

Yes, I believe Continental is still flying in. However, the cheapest airfare from LAX on either Cont. or Alaska is about double a year ago. Alaska is using the smaller Horizon Air on the slow days and its still $429 round trip. They are so close in price I wonder if they talk about it together....which I believe would be against the law. Don't know Don Alley but the site address he gives is for Alexander Real Estate in Loreto. With our economy iffy, the crime rise in Baja, and the terrible construction of LB---plus the very high cost of flying in to Loreto, its a wonder anybody comes down right now. My doctors don't want me driving the Baja anymore with my heart problems or I would drive and save money over using the airlines. I just stay longer now to compensate for it.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capn.sharky
If you have ever thought of buying in Loreto Bay (and I don't know why you would): there are about 12 families that have moved into the Casitas. These are the smallest units at about 1,000 sq ft. I talked with one owner who is very unhappy there and wants to sell.....and he tells me there are about 8 others that want to sell. Only problem is that they have to list through Loreto Bay Co. LB has no real incentive to sell as they want to sell their overpriced new units. Anyway, he would sell at a huge loss just to get the hell out of there. I asked about the others and he said it was very strange, but no one wants to talk to the others about selling. I would imagine if you wanted one of these and could get around the contract to list with Loreto Bay, these 9 families would bust their butts to get your money by dropping the price very, very low. My guy is willing to chew off his leg just to get out of the Loreto Bay trap. I was offered his for $200,000 and I am sure he would go lower. I don't want to discourage anyone, but I wouldn't by one for $20,000. However, there are people who like the idea of living in a so-called private community. Just passing this along in case someone is interested.:?:

Small correction to these statements.
Smallest LB home is 1500 sq ft. When selling LB gets the listing first for a limited time ( 3 months I believe ) and then you're free to list with anybody or sell it yourself.
So, Sharkey, keep your facts straight.:P

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 08:12 PM

We went and wandered around LB yesterday. With today's holiday (Three King's Day) it was slow in terms of workers, but we saw very few residents. Considering the number of finished or near-finished units, so few that it was kind of creepy. I think they are going to have to build a few thousand more units before they have 50-60 people around.:biggrin:

By the way, Sharky, we did meet once. At Capt George's place on Calle Davis. I was kind of overwhelmed at the time by George's high powered personality.:lol:

AIrlines: Paula still has an Aero California ticket for Lorto to LAX, round trip, that she has to cash in. I think those cost about $225 bucks. Everything has gone up in price in just a few years.
bajadedom
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 08:15 PM

Delta - $420 r/t fly down on a Tues. & back on a Thurs. - express jets- 60 passenger, 800 mph top speed....I did it Nov. 13th - Dec. 6th (2 hrs.)
bajadedom
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 08:18 PM

Hmmmm-Did I play poker with anyone in this thread last month in loreto???

- Steve
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 12:54 AM

Being philosophical, I motored by LB resort, no esta nada, Bahia de los Suenos where there was going to be 'three courses' y nada, en los plannes nada. we played en Los Palmes en Barilles - 9 holes. Just saying... cant we just finally accept its very unlikely there will be golf resorts---nor should there be grass in a desert... people? Don't the scottish play in the ruff?

[Edited on 1-7-2008 by gnukid]
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 02:23 AM
I have an idea

Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadedom
Delta - $420 r/t fly down on a Tues. & back on a Thurs. - express jets- 60 passenger, 800 mph top speed....I did it Nov. 13th - Dec. 6th (2 hrs.)

The speed of sound is approx. 761 mph. You actually took a supersonic flight to LTO?
bajadedom
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 06:17 AM

If you are correct on the 761, then yes ,according to the plane info it could break the speed of sound - and this is no biggie, many jets can do it - these are small quick planes and although they travel around the 450 -500 mph speed, top IS stated to be 800 mph. - its approx. 850 mile flight and as I said it takes approx. 2 hrs. - I guess if needed they could do it in about an hour!
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadedom
If you are correct on the 761, then yes ,according to the plane info it could break the speed of sound - and this is no biggie, many jets can do it - these are small quick planes and although they travel around the 450 -500 mph speed, top IS stated to be 800 mph. - its approx. 850 mile flight and as I said it takes approx. 2 hrs. - I guess if needed they could do it in about an hour!

http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showuser=497

That's 800 KILOMETERS per hour, the speed of typical airliners.

The only commercial jet capable of faster than sound flight was the Concorde, and it was prohibited from flights over the Continental US because of sonic booms.

The same is true of private jets, with the exception of Loreto Bay's carbon-neutral, nuclear powered X-1500.
nobaddays
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 09:42 AM

what is the website for sales?
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Alley
AIrlines: Paula still has an Aero California ticket for Lorto to LAX, round trip, that she has to cash in. I think those cost about $225 bucks. Everything has gone up in price in just a few years.

Hey, I have a couple of those AeroCalifornia tickets still stuck on my refrigerator just in case they get back in business. Can you really "cash they in" for anything??:?:
kimberlee

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by nobaddays
what is the website for sales?

This page says they handle all the resales for Loreto Bay

http://www.loretorealty.com/pages/LoretoBay.html

here are the listings mixed in with others from around town

http://www.loretorealty.com/residential.asp

this looks like a good deal, buyers market

http://www.loretorealty.com/developments.asp :lol:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 07:17 PM

Suggestion/Advice:
Before putting any MOney on Property supposedly owned by Loreto Bay have a Good Notoria check through the Supreme Court Clerk in La Paz/
Worldtraveller
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2008 at 12:13 AM

There is lots of misinformation in the above thread. Here's what I found.

1) According to Delta's website, their aircraft have 50 seats (not 60), and have a cruise speed of 517 mph. The LAX flight is listed at 1 hour and 50 minutes which works out to roughly 377 mph considering gate-to-gate time. This is pretty fast, but no where close to the speeds claimed.

2) Air fares have increased due to higher fuel prices, but are no where close to double last years prices.

3) According to their web sites, Continental flies 2 days per week, Delta flies 3 or 4 days per week depending on which month you look at, and Alaska flies 5 days per week. 4 of Alaska's flights are on their 737 aircraft (144 seats), and their new Saturday flight is operated by a Horizon Air jet with 70 seats.

4) I've been told by an LB buyer that about 200 casitas have been finished. There are a small number of full-time residents and many part-time visitors. He is very happy with his purchase. There were a few normal glitches, but all have been fixed.
bombero
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2008 at 01:41 PM
Delta Air to Loreto

My girlfriend just checked for flights to Loreto in late May and returning early June. Delta was not offering flights on thurs fri or sat. Price was ok, $492 from Sacramento with stop in LA. If anyone has friends flying Delta to Loreto later this year, they may want to check and book early!
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.