Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Medicare care now in Mexico
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 09:00 PM
Medicare care now in Mexico

This is being cut and pasted from another site-- this is about Ensenada but it's available EVERYWHERE. Just google it.

Did you know that if you receive Medicare Parts A & B that you are
eligible for medical coverage with "Ambassador Care" right here in
Ensenada? It doesn't cost us a penny outside of what we're paying for Medicare. Contact agent Tina Aviles and she will help you get set
up. Below is an e-mail from her and the information she sent in an
attachment. Her agency is the only one that can provide the
Ambassador Care Medical Plan. Here is what she said:

"Dear Friends in Punta Banda:
I am an agent with Ambassador Care living in Ensenada. This is
worldwide care for Medicare Beneficiaries. I just spoke with one of
your neighbors and member, Barbara Johnson, who gave me your email address. I am attaching the page that has all of the information you need to sign up. If you have a favorite doctor here please send me their name and phone number so that I can sign them up with the
program. We are looking for more providers in our area.

If you have any questions please call or write.
A friend in Ensenada,

Tina

This is NOT a Medicare Supplement or Medi-gap policy. This is a
Medicare Advantage program with zero premium if you have Part A and Part B through Medicare. The United States government created the Medicare Advantage program 30 years ago. We proudly offer the
international benefit at no cost to you."

Her contact information is:
Tina Aviles
Embassy Health Insurance Services
License Number 0F760608
Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico
Vonage line: 719-547-1249 Mexico cell: 044-646-151-6395
E-mail: tina.aviles@hotmail.com
web address: www.ambassadorcare.com/retirebaja

This is part of what Peter Fowler, author of "Good Info
for Gringos Living in Baja" sent to me: " Mexican doctors and
hospitals must pass a credentialing process. They must all be
certified. They bill Ambassador Care.

John Raffetto, MBA, PhD, President and CEO of Ambassador Care, wrote the following to the Ambassador to Mexico: "I am delighted to confirm the availability of medical services to Medicare beneficiaries while they are in Mexico. The Ambassador Care travel plan covers them at no extra cost." He wrote further that at this time coverage is for emergency and urgent care, urgent care being defined as care that the patient feels is immediately needed. This includes everything from lumps and bumps, aches and pains, fevers and chills to surgery, and full blown emergency care. Mr. Raffetto hopes that in the near future full coverage will be available for those living full time abroad.

For more information about Ambassador Care call toll free 888-531-
7226 if in the USA or 562-997-1859 if calling from outside the USA.

A note from Bajabound2005: I tried that website and got the famous "page cannot be displayed".

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
bajadedom
Nomad

Mood: Ready for a change of latitude...

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 09:15 PM

If you have part B you aren't you already paying a premium?
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 09:16 PM

I don't have any idea since I'm no where near Medicare eligible; just passing on the info; no ADDITIONAL premium perhaps?

[Edited on 1-7-2008 by bajabound2005]

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadedom
If you have part B you aren't you already paying a premium?

Yeah, it's taking directly from your SS payment. Forgot the amount, but it's in the $ 70.00 range.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
bajadedom
Nomad

Mood: Ready for a change of latitude...

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 09:29 PM

I did the research and........
Part B medicare DOES require a premium and if Ensenada has a provider who is on board with an international provider who is a part of the Ambassador program which is alligned with a part B provider then you would have no additional premium - HOWEVER - the Ambassador program has a very limited # of providers in Mexico and has NO affiliation with US medicare.
Information 'passed on' reminds me of the "whisper in your neighbors ear game" we played as kids - the farther you get from the source , the more innaccurate the message becomes.
Vandenberg is correct on the estimated additional premium but beware since the provider in your town may not be affiliated with Ambassador. As always....do your homework.

[Edited on 1-7-2008 by bajadedom]
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 09:36 PM

It's quite accurate info; and if you google the subject you'll find lots on it. Also, in the original post the insurance agent says to tell her your doctor's name in Ensenada (if you have one and you like him/her) and she'll work to get them into the program. The doctors have to meet a certain standard to qualify to participate in the program. This is a huge benefit to retirees living in Mexico and probably a huge cost savings to the US Govt aka the taxpayers.

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 09:07 AM

Didn't the window for changing Medicare Advantage programs just end Jan 1st? Only allowed to sign up or change from Nov 15th thru Dec 31st each year.

I lost coverage in April last year and was told could not apply for any coverage until the "window" - 11/15 thru 12/31.

Part "B" premium in 2008 - $96.40 a month.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
nobaddays
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2008 at 09:40 AM

Sure would like to see this in Cabo

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.