Pages:  1  2    4    6
Author: Subject: NOMAD GOLF TOURNEY
sylens
Senior Nomad

Mood: ando bajando

[*] posted on 1-14-2008 at 03:43 PM

i don't golf, but i just received this from an avid golfer friend of mine:

Average American Golfer...

A recent study found the average American golfer walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found American golfers drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, American golfers get about 41 miles to the gallon

Makes you kinda proud, doesn't it.

lili
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 1-14-2008 at 06:06 PM

Lizard Lips: do you want to open this up to non-Nomads? We can post it on the Punta Banda Bulletin Board, if so. Also, we are going to work on getting some prizes for you.

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2008 at 07:41 PM

Yes please. We will even open this tourney up for those who support Hillary but who promise not to talk about her..

Lets get all of the Punta Banda area involved! Can we get those who can do without their scotch and sodas for a few hours? Oh heck, they can drink on the course.

This tournament is open to all. It will be a great day!

[Edited on 01/10/2007 by lizard lips]

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 1-14-2008 at 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
Uh....bajaguy; have you ever cooked chorizo? On the BBQ? Did you take the plastic wrap off and it all fall apart between the grills parts?.......

Oh, yee of little faith. Have cooked chorizo on the grill many times........doesn't fall apart...........I use Basque chorizos.

bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 1-14-2008 at 09:53 PM

pero, mi amor! esto es Mexico!!! Basque chorizo???? What kind of italian/irishman are you?

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 1-14-2008 at 10:16 PM
Posted tonight on the Punta Banda BB

Announcing the first Baja Nomad Golf Tournament & Tamale Tasting at Ensenada's Baja Country Club on Saturday, April 5th, 2008. Time to be determined.

Open to all, it will be sponsored by Baja Nomads (visit www.bajanomad.com). We want golfers, including duffers and scratch golfers. No entry fee, but prizes galore! (Greens fees apply.)

The theme of this fun event is "Tamales for Shoes." Fernando (FDT) of Tijuana and Kathleen (bajabound2005) of Punta Banda are squaring off for a Tamale Cook-off, or at least a Taste Test: el mexicano vs. la gringa. To get a tasty tamale, you must submit the greater of (a) the value of one pair of kid-size shoes (highly recommended: JELLIES or CROC-like shoes!) in assorted sizes and colors or (b) several pairs equal to the value of a terrific day on the course. That's the "entry fee." In other words, bring all the shoes you can carry.

19th hole is located.....well, right now, ALL OVER THE COURSE via the beverage cart squadron sponsored by local Baja Nomads that we know as Dennis and BigMike. But when it's over, it's not really over. More fun will follow at the home of Nomad and Sociedad members Lyn (bajablonde) & Terry (bajaguy) .

So all you Lous, Carols, Docs and Dees who golf: email us to get on the entry list!!! Do it now.

Punta Banda Bulletin Board

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2008 at 10:26 PM

Thanks for posting this Bajamigo but I believe there will be an entry fee and we may not get permission for a beverage cart on the course. I am trying to get around this with the club management but we will see.

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2008 at 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
pero, mi amor! esto es Mexico!!! Basque chorizo???? What kind of italian/irishman are you?

A short, fat, bald one who likes to cook and eat!!!!.......besides, Basque chorizo is more "refined".....blended to not fall between the grill grates!!!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2008 at 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
we may not get permission for a beverage cart on the course.

In which case we'll ask Ken Cooke to bring a couple of his "beverage carts."
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2008 at 09:48 AM
Charity Golf Tournament

With Lizard Lips' encouragement, a few of us are attempting to promote the Nomad Golf Tourney as a charity event...

1. Golf can be like watching _________ __________(fill in your punchline)
2. Charity golf encourages diverse community participation with associated(non-golf) events and philanthropy. An annual event can grow and have a major positive financial impact on the community.
3. If interested, need a "Driving Team" of 4-6 people to provide leadership for this event. Requirements are energy, creativity and a couple of non-structured hours each week during the next 3 months. Need not be a golfer for this.

First meeting will be at my house, Thursday, January 24, 4PM. Beverages and appetizers served for serious applicants(others will be put to work).
From hwy1, Maneadero...
km 17.5 on road to La Buf. Left turn into guard shack for Puerto Escondido.
Bear left on dirt road, climb hill to the heavenly arches of Puerto Escondido.
Meander on same road .4 miles after arches. You'll see my mission style house(cross and bells) on your left.

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 1-16-2008 at 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadock
3. If interested, need a "Driving Team" of 4-6 people to provide leadership for this event. Requirements are energy, creativity and a couple of non-structured hours each week during the next 3 months. Need not be a golfer for this.

Could you elaborate on what this might entail?

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2008 at 10:17 AM

Yes FDT,
This event will struggle this year and that's part of the fun of a beginning. I am an avid golfer and need an outlet for my energy in early retirement.

Will need help in focusing on the charity and branding of the tourney. Will also need some advertising/promo, donations/prizes, games/activities for non-golfers. Though golf is the headline event, the charity and other activities are the real fun.

Immediate goal is get this one started and build on it annually. Your help, ideas and experience welcome and needed. Remote/virtual participation works, too.

THANKS

[Edited on 1-16-2008 by bajadock]

bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2008 at 09:30 AM

Golf Tourney Update,
Thanks to Lizard Lips for creating this fun event.
6 to 8 golfers loosely committed plus double that number wanting participation in associated events like eating and drinking. Not trying to over-comittee-tize it. Just trying to maximize resources.

Doug Means has graciously approved use of BAJA NOMAD to title the event. Need to meet with Baja Country Club week of Jan 21 to get details, discounted green/cart fees and more.

Will still gather volunteers(other fools like me) at my home on Punta Banda this coming Thursday, Jan 24, at 4PM to discuss how to maximize participation/fun, include other events and get a few extra pesos for local charity. I'm serving food and beverages that day.

April 5 is still target. Will update next week on all. THANKS

[Edited on 1-19-2008 by bajadock]

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2008 at 09:38 PM

I'll be there Doc............Let's get this thing movin!

[Edited on 01/10/2007 by lizard lips]

BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 1-22-2008 at 10:59 AM

I am in for the tournament! I will work on getting some of my friends interested in playing as well. Looking forward to it!

obafla

Mood: hitchhiking hwy 1

[*] posted on 1-22-2008 at 07:02 PM

Are "it" genders welcome at this event? Looks like several tamales will be in attendance.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2008 at 07:55 PM

if you are a Nomad, a friend of a Nomad or can spell Nomad, you are invited..........plenty of tamales for everyone..:lol::lol:

bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2008 at 06:53 PM

Missed the Baja Country Club G.M. this week, but he has my messages and should get to him early next week to discuss ideas on tournament, charity event and BCC's involvement in exchange for promoting their golf course and real estate values.

Ensenada Nomads still welcome to inspect my new home, sample my cooking/beverage service and discuss promoting this event(incl non-golf events) tomorrow, THURSDAY, Jan 24.

4PM, km 17.5 on road to La Buf, left turn into "guard" shack with PUERTO ESCONDIDO & Campo 9 signs. Bear left on dirt road as it climbs to Puerto Escondido arch entry at top of hill. 600 yds after that arch, you'll spot my mission style home with cross on top.

Was at BCC today providing an informal golf lesson to friend who wants to take up the game in mid-life. Course looks in good shape with lots of green from recent rains. Saw two neighbors who I did not know golfed and am now aggressively recruiting them for the tourney!

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 1-23-2008 at 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
if you are a Nomad, a friend of a Nomad or can spell Nomad, you are invited..........plenty of tamales for everyone..:lol::lol:

Y Nomadas?

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2008 at 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

Y Nomadas?

Si!!!!!

Pages:  1  2    4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.