Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pemex open in Gonzaga
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2004 at 08:24 AM
Pemex open in Gonzaga

I was very surprised to hear that the Pemex in Gonzaga, across from Rancho Grande store, is now open for business. Has anyone purchased gas there that can vouch for this? :o
Bob H
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 3-31-2004 at 08:35 AM
excellent dudes there

bought lots of gas, and got lots of great service there during march 23 thru march 24. very honest folks here
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-31-2004 at 08:39 AM

The question is how long before their tanks run dry and another supply tanker arrives. That is not the most popular road to drive a fuel tanker over! The station was open in 2000, for a while.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2004 at 11:09 AM

I have this awful vision of a paved intersection there with a traffic light!
Ugh. :no:
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2004 at 12:00 PM
Gonzaga Pemex

We purchased gas there twice last week. I have now heard they ran out last Sat. so now need a report as to when they get gas again?? We got our fill last on Fri.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2004 at 01:36 PM

How was the road meme?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-31-2004 at 01:50 PM

I saw a photo of my friends fueling their plane at that Pemex on their trip to Cabo March 12 thru March 23 2004
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 3-31-2004 at 03:15 PM
that road was...

Bob H...that road there was great! Only tough spot was 20 minutes south of San Felipe, blacktop is totally ruined for a 30 mile run.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2004 at 04:13 PM

Yank......
Yeah, I've seen a volkswagon dissappear in one of those pot holes heading into Puertecitos. Glad to hear the gravel road it now regularly graded. I'm not looking forward to the day they pave it though. I like the way it is so desolate. :yawn:
Bob H
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 3-31-2004 at 08:00 PM

volkswagon not there anymore...saw a UFO from Puertecitos pluck em out. the passengers where droped into Puertecitos dongtown. poor souls.:lol:
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2004 at 09:38 AM
Road

That stretch of pothole road would be better if they would just clear out the rest of the blacktop!!
bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2004 at 11:03 AM

meme,
I sent you an e-mail yesterday. Did you receive it?
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2004 at 12:22 PM
email

No Bufeo, I did not get mail from you. Where did you send it? i am not using my telnor address anymore as I dis-connected my Telnor phone. can you please re-send to yahoo or msn? Thanks!
bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2004 at 04:11 PM

I sent it to what I thought was your Yahoo address, but, no matter. It wasn't terribly important. Just trying to link up with you and Jim in San Felipe.

I'll give it another try.

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2004 at 12:02 PM

I'd love to see a photo of that Pemex across from Rancho Grande in action! I guess I'll just have to go there and take one myself. Still hard to believe. :o
Bob H
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 4-4-2004 at 01:12 PM

Some of the responders on this topic seem to have knowlege of the Gonzaga area. For those that do, is there any property available that one might rent or lease to put a trailer on? I am looking for a small getaway type "vacation" place. I had intended to go down last week and look around, but couldn't get it together.
bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2004 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Some of the responders on this topic seem to have knowlege of the Gonzaga area. For those that do, is there any property available that one might rent or lease to put a trailer on? ....

The answer is "Yes", but it would be helpful if you were a bit more than "Anon."

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 4-4-2004 at 11:07 PM

Sorry I did not log in. My name is Barney. My wife and I are trying to pull a small piece of real estate togeter for a trailer in the Gonzaga area, for vacation purposes. If there is a area that could be available for rent or lease we would be grateful to hear of such a place. thank you. Barney
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-4-2004 at 11:51 PM

Barney, there is plenty of places. The big two are Alfonsina's and Punta Final. The oldest is Papa Fernandez', the newest are Rancho Grande (camping and long term lease palapas and you might check on Campo Beluga (a camping campo).

North of Gonzaga Bay are other campos with lots to lease: Punta Bufeo, Los Delfines, 5 Islas, Las Encantadas... Just drive down and check them all out!

My last two Thanksgiving's were at Alfonsina's: http://davidksbaja.com/1102/page2.html and http://davidksbaja.com/1103

Hope you find a great place to set your trailer on.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Barney
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2004 at 10:37 AM

Dave, Thank you for the onfo. We will try and put a trip together before the hot weather sets in. I will check out your reccomendations. Thanks again. Barney
PS. Hope to see you there sometime.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.