Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Baja.net >>>>> NOT!!
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2004 at 09:11 PM

God takes care of his Children!

Randy mac. I was not blessed with a mind such as yours and the Ability put words on Paper as you do!
i Appluad your overcoming a Major Injury!

My sole Talent is People! Started out when I was very Young!
As you know ,from my last Post that after 52 years away from the Lord ,he finally got my attention.
I have done the following:

Cowboy
Logger
Tow-Bar Jockey
Shoe Salesman
Truck Driver
Canatolope Inspector
House Detective
National Ski patrol
Wine Grape Inspector
Juvenile Supervisor in Jail
Campus Policeman
Speciall Investigator in Hollywood
Snap_on Tool Dealer
Air Saftey Investigator
Pilot with over 6,000 Hours Flying Logged
Social Worker
Adjustor

After doing all those things for my 73 years past i finally realized that God had been trying to get my attention for many years.
I read "The Prayer of Jabez" 1 Chronicles 4-10 and in doing so came back to finish my Life working for the Lord.

I would stongly suggest you read the Prayer, Maybe he is trying to get your Attention.

Skeet/Loreto
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2004 at 09:33 PM

Randy mac! i went back and read you posts so I am obligated to relat my Wonderful Day to you and this Board!
The pastor of ourEmanual Southern Baptist
Church ask me to give my Testimony to both Services. I have always been "Tongue Tied in front of a Group,so struggled with doing so for a Couple of Days.So before about 150 people i stood at the pastors podium and related my Story with tears streaming down my cheeks!
Many years ago I had gone into Deep Depression which ended up for a Week in a physic Ward!After a year of Phyothearpty and Pills of Throdizu=ine I was cured!, but in doing so I had changed my personility to over confidence to the point that I had no Fear!
After leaving the podium and a few minutes later a retired Pastor introduce me to his Grand son and his 4 year old Great Grandaughter. The young man of about 30 years could be seen as being very distraught!.he shook my Hand and Ask if I could help Him!
It turns out that he has lost his wife, that he stays in Bed all Day, has been on Drugs and is deeply Depressed!
I made contact and will see him tommorrow Morning and try to help this young man do something with his Life!

I felt very deeply that the Lord was directing me to help this young man,It is an awsome responsibility !
I feel very Humbled but so happy that after all these years I truly have a chance to Save a Life. I feel the Lord has Blessed me.
Skeet/Loreto

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-6-2004 at 05:11 AM
Sheesh Randy....i was only fooling with ya..

didn't really think you had med issues. Hope you continue to climb higher.

you are welcome to come aboard Screaming Airlines anytime. (with a paid ticket that is!!) Ha!:bounce::lol:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-6-2004 at 08:51 AM
Capt. Mike. It should probably be mandatory that I wear a hockey helmet full time...

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
didn't really think you had med issues. Hope you continue to climb higher.

you are welcome to come aboard Screaming Airlines anytime. (with a paid ticket that is!!) Ha!:bounce::lol:

I will definitely look you up when I come down to the Baja again to hire your Baja flight services.

But when I do we'll have to have to go over some things before we set out for the day:

TOP TEN THINGS TO GO OVER BEFORE I FLY WITH YOU:

10. If I have a blank stare on my face for 1 minute.
(I'm probably trying to remember if I took a leak before we departed.):rolleyes:

9. If you have a blank stare on your face for 1 minute.
(You're probably wondering how many beer I drank before we left, and I'm hoping that my old faithful bladder like a football doesn't fail me if you do anything fancy.):rolleyes:

8. If I have a blank stare on my face for 2 minutes.
(It's probably just a small deja vu seizier, and it's possibly nothing to worry too much about.):lol:

7. If you have a blank stare on your face for 2 minutes after my 2 minutes of blank stare.
(You're probably wondering if I'm gonna have a big one in mid flight if you do any fancy flying loops, and I'm probably gonna start calculating the probability of odds that you've never had seizers before.):o

6. If I have a blank stare and a smile for 5 minutes.
(I'm probably just taking in the beautiful scenery, and enjoying the flight over the Baja Sierra Del Lagunas.):biggrin:

5. If you have a blank stare for 5 minutes after I start talking to myself again.
(You're probably wondering if I was really talking to my self in my limited spanish earlier when I say, "venga en RandyMac, usted no conseguir? lanzado en la c?rcel para conseguir a capit?n Mike volar sobre Todos Santos a la bomba de zumbido la comisar?a de polic?as.", or whether I'm just pulling your leg with my imaginary friend inside my head supposedly said, "Come on RandyMac, you won't get thrown into jail for getting Captain Mike to fly over Todos Santos to buzz bomb the police station.":biggrin:

4. If I have a blank stare for 10 minutes.
(You just have to shake me once, and I'll snap out of it. I was probably just wondering if I left my coffee pot boiling over on the stove in my motorhome.):?:

3. If you have a blank stare for 10 minutes.
(I'm probably wondering if I should have worn my hockey helmet and whether I'm really hearing sputtering noises coming from the engine compartment.):o

2. If I have blank stare and you have a blank stare for 30 minutes.
(We're probably wondering if somebody stole our full ice cooler of Pacifico beer that we left in the runway parking lot.):no:

1. If I have blank stare and a smile for 20 minutes and you have a blank stare and a big smile for 20 minutes.
(You know I'm gonna tip you big for such a wonderful calming flight over the Baja Sierra Del Lugunas.):yes:

I will definitely look you up Captain Mike when I come down. I've always lived dangerously, but flying is completely calming to me. Remember! I have a gift for deja vu and the future looks good to fly on Captain Mike's Screaming Airlines.

Take care,

RandyMac:cool:

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by RandyMac]

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2004 at 01:47 PM
Randy, i like your sense of humour

to get a taste of my level of self- effacivness....(is that a word?!) scroll down to the off road section to see a piece i wrote about my 1st attendance at a major race in circa 1984, subject the mint 400 in vegas.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-6-2004 at 04:51 PM
Capt. Mike. Most excellent adventure story...

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
to get a taste of my level of self- effacivness....(is that a word?!) scroll down to the off road section to see a piece i wrote about my 1st attendance at a major race in circa 1984, subject the mint 400 in vegas.

I went for a good long 14 mile hike and got back and found your post about your 3 part Baja Flying story. I am very impressed with your style of writing. I was captivated all the way thru but I'm left dangling on the outer wingtip and my beer is empty.

I can't seem to locate Part 3 on the baja.net site. Don't leave me hanging on to this wingtip too long. I'm a hankering to know where to find it on the other site. Now I either need better reading glasses or I'm not looking in the right place.

A URL would be great so I can't go right to it and finish off the adventure.

Look forward to reading the rest of your most excellent adventure. It should be made into a book to promote Screaming Airlines.

After reading Pt 1 and Pt 2, I think we'd be dangerous partying together in the Baja. We might wind up in a small Cantina off some runway in South America. Won't be able to sleep tonight without Part 3.

RandyMac
:tumble:

Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2004 at 06:46 PM
that wasn't the one i was referring to

go to page 2 of that sector and look for one titled " one fine day at the races"

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=353

there's a link above. It's about a trip to the mint 400. the one you read is about my adventures chasing the baja 1000 this past year, and it wasn't written as a humour piece - more of a documentary, and well....part 3 still isn't finished! I still have to dictate it to my secretary so she can put into word and i'll load it!

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-6-2004 at 09:37 PM
I look forward to Part 3 of the one I read and will....

read about a trip to the mint 400 tomorrow.

I enjoed the one I read about your adventures chasing the baja 1000 and even though you don't consider it a humourous piece it was definitely entertaining.

RandyMac

academicanarchist
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2004 at 04:02 PM
Pictures

I have to agree that Randy's pictures are great, and it would be fun if he could do caricatures.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-7-2004 at 07:17 PM

Randy Mac, I think what you can do is awesome! Rather than talk more about your artistic talent in this thread, which is way off (this) topic... I am starting a new one... 'Randy Mac Pen in Hand' with links to the many photos from which you could get inspiration from... although, I bet you get more from reading our posts, eh?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

the baja chihuahua

[*] posted on 4-7-2004 at 11:23 PM
Good day Red Dog

Ola Senior Mac....it is I!!...Tadpolio:lol:
Rob Peltier leaves Friday for the long drive south to Cabo San Lucas....First timer! I've given him some suggested stops but if anyone would like to meet a new amigo I'm sure he'd appreciate a friendly face.........he speaks noooo Spanish.....is driving a 1989 Aerostar that he bought for 300 smackereenos......and has an awfully long drive ahead of him. A great guy.....his whole family actually.....Randy Mac can you concur? I tell you he is a great cook and is handy as a hole in yer pocket. You can e-mail me at tadpolio1@yahoo.com if you'd like to say hello. Don't worry......he will say hi and bye.......and maybe drink a pacifico.....and you will all be better for it:):D

[Edited on 4-8-2004 by the baja chihuahua]
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-8-2004 at 01:09 AM
Look out it's Baja Scadpole on the loose....

I like your handle. Been working on a BajaNomad poster tonight full of BajaNomad characters. Almost have the first draft finished. Will probably post it tomorrow.

Pleased to see Rob Peltier is heading to Cabo San Lucas....As a newbie, I'm sure there are a number of kind hearted helpful nomads on this board that could suggest stops etc and would like to meet a new amigo if they are in the Baja.

If so I'll get them to email you at: tadpolio1@yahoo.com

Just looking for more photos to get suggestions from for the poster. Good to see you on board Toad.

RandyMac:spingrin:

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-8-2004 at 01:12 AM
Tadpolio. I'll be puttin that Avatar icon together for you too...

I'm gonna have it ready for you tomorrow.

The McToad avatar.

RandyMac:tumble:

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-8-2004 at 02:47 AM
I, I son of McToadstool here's your avatar...

Tadpolio,

I'll get him to do a little Scottish fling tomorrow and I'll put McToadstool on a server and send you the URL to paste into your avatar profile.

RandyMac

McToadstool

:spingrin:

academicanarchist
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2004 at 04:58 AM
Question for Randy Mac

Where do you live in Canada? My mother was born in Vancouver, B.C., and we have a distant relative from Kingston, Ontario.
the baja chihuahua

[*] posted on 4-20-2004 at 04:47 PM

Tchop of the line Randy.......I am loooooving your caricature and think we must use it for the next c.d. cover......entitled...."Toad's Stool" you a clever guy. Thanks t.p.
the baja chihuahua

[*] posted on 4-20-2004 at 06:49 PM

Hereeeeeee's Tadpole
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.