BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: What is it? You love in Baja?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2008 at 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TKT
And no drinking beer on the beach?? Huh? What's wrong with those folks anyway?

What folks are you talking about? The folks who make the laws or th* **o*es who go to a public beach, get drunk, then proceed to show the world how they morphed into human garbage in front of peoples kids?
Is that who you defend?
*************. Go to the river where ****** are baptizing each other.

[Edited on 1-31-2008 by BajaNomad]
TKT
Banned

[*] posted on 1-30-2008 at 07:33 PM

I'm talking about the folks that pass the no drinking laws. The prohibitionists. There are already laws against public intoxication.

"Go to the river where ****** are baptizing each other." - huh?

[Edited on 1-31-2008 by TKT]

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 1-30-2008 at 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TKT
I like the lawlessness .......And no drinking beer on the beach?? Huh? What's wrong with those folks anyway?.....I like the live and let live attitude and the absence of laws governing behavior.

"Those folks".......who are they, TKT???
Your post says a lot about you, your attitude and behavior.
You and your ilk give the rest of us who try and live here among the locals a black eye. Why don't you try Honduras???

TKT
Banned

[*] posted on 1-30-2008 at 07:58 PM

Boy, another mean person. Dennis calls me a jerkoff and bajaguy thinks my post says much about my attitude and it appears he doesn't like it. Oh well, I'm a tolerant person and you guys can certainly think as you like. I think you're swell guys.

I've never been to Honduras, I bet there are some beautiful places there.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that Mexico has fewer laws, and I like that.

Let's stay on topic.
gibson
Banned

[*] posted on 1-30-2008 at 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
What folks are you talking about? The folks who make the laws or the aholes who go to a public beach, get drunk, then proceed to show the world how they morphed into human garbage in front of peoples kids?
Is that who you defend?
*****************. Go to the river where ****** are baptizing each other.

Baja ... the people ... the wave as we drive past each other ... the general OPPOSITE attitude of the *********** quoted above!

BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2008 at 09:11 PM

TKT`s post is right on! I talked to a friend who recently pushed a guy off the dock into the water (La Salina). He was fined $30 and had to apologize and that was the end of it! Here (Calif) it would go on for as long as the lawyers could drag it! $30???? More like thousands!!! And I could rant right along with TKT about laws taking away out freedoms, our access, our rights to choose!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2008 at 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BornFisher
TKT`s post is right on! I talked to a friend who recently pushed a guy off the dock into the water (La Salina). He was fined $30 and had to apologize and that was the end of it! Here (Calif) it would go on for as long as the lawyers could drag it! $30???? More like thousands!!! And I could rant right along with TKT about laws taking away out freedoms, our access, our rights to choose!

I don't understand your point. Are you saying that it's better to push a person off a dock in Mexico because the laws are less complicated or that it's a bad decision to push a person off a dock in the US because the law is more complicated?
I'm confused.
I should probably be more confused as to why your friend pushed his friend off a dock but, now I'm tired if thinking about all of it.
Good night.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2008 at 09:27 PM

I'm inclined to side with TKT. It is probably better to giver the beer drinker the benefit of the doubt that he or she can relax while drinking a few brews and deal with the problems if and when the occur. Here in the states, I think I have a much, much bigger problem with aggressive drivers on the highway than people getting a bit silly on a beach. And as always, I am inclined to err on the side of freedom rather than restriction. Now a non-drinking section on a beach would be no problem as long as it doesn't monopolize the entire length of the beach.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2008 at 09:30 PM

We're hijacking - aren't we? Maybe we should knock it off or they will move this to the Hijacking thread.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

puzzled.gif posted on 1-30-2008 at 11:50 PM

QUE PASA

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Lorito

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 08:16 AM

Crystal clear blue water & cactus.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 08:52 AM

Bad roads and good people make Baja the best!:yes:

MSM07 180r.JPG - 44kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 09:38 AM

As to the lawlessness: We have been very busy in the U.S. making laws and hiring lawyers. Take an out-of-work tree trimmer in Florida who decides to drive his old pickup to Calfornia. He has a pocketknife, some old 22 bullets in the glove box, some paint thinner and fertilizer in the back of the truck. His insurance has lapsed. As he drives from town to town, state to state he is changing legal jurisdiction with every mile, some times he's legal, one more mile he's breaking a dozen laws. He is likewise being protected by those same laws from those who would harm him including all the road builders, sign makers, drunks and speeders, etc. etc. He drives along totally uninformed and unconcerned about the thousands of laws that imping upon his person and his truck. If and when he stops, gets out of the vehicle a whole new legion of laws await him to either protect him or make him a sudden local felon.

We don't feel any of that in Baja California. From what I have read on this forum in the last 3 or 4 years most Nomads are responsible travelers -- not reckless, nor scofflaws -- usually ready to help those who might need help along the way and putting no one in danger. It's the kind of feeling I still have down here, the kind I enjoyed while traveling, fishing lakes and streams all around the noman's land we call The Great Basin.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 10:28 AM
Tony C

Welcome to the board..............with that picture you have shown this old guy that you understand the heart of Baja........and it ain't us!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
bajapablo
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 10:54 AM
No rules

I asked my kids what they loved about baja and they said they loved the fact that there are no rules (They were referring to the fact that their mom stays home and dad is a little more relaxed). They also love the food, the beach, the tequila festival that they snuck into, the people, sliding down the sand dunes, the vados on the way to puertocitos, fishing, and the chance to bond and spend time with dad without their sisters and mom being around. They are a little peeved that the girls are coming on our trip down in March but I think they will have just as many good memories when it is al said and done.

\"changes it lattitudes, changes in attitudes\"
J.Buffet
Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 11:21 AM

Man sure going through a rough patch in life right now...Feel like selling everything I have and heading wayyyyyyyyyy south to baja. My girls would kill me there 11 and 10 they love San Diego and there school. the wife has a good job me, I have good job too but its too much right now,guess I better just take it all in ha?

Baja I need some Help with my life any suggestions? thank you guys this web site is my little sanctuary from all the BS here around me....:(

READY SET.....................
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 12:24 PM

Von , just take some time off,maybe a weekend,if possible a week.Thats the beauty of living so close to the border,you can always do the quick trips.Right now Laguna Hanson is full of water,Guadalupe canyon is coming back to life,they are so manny options, Von that you can do.With little money and little time.

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

lol.gif posted on 1-31-2008 at 01:43 PM
i prefer the crowds....

er, lack of them. get it whilst you still can boys n girls.... like the talking heads once sang, "we're on the road to nowhere".....:lol:

stylin (Small).jpg - 33kB

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 02:06 PM

Still trying to make up my mind!:tumble:
gibson
Banned

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
er, lack of them. get it whilst you still can boys n girls.... like the talking heads once sang, "we're on the road to nowhere".....:lol:

that 'surfer' looks like he's on the road to some club down on Castro in SF!! :lol::lol:
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.