BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Bad situation.... be on the lookout!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2008 at 08:58 AM

Stalin?
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2008 at 09:13 AM

One comes to mind Gnukid.

Joseph Wambaugh, and I think you'd find his books both entertaining and educational.:cool::):cool:

Ken

[Edited on 2-15-2008 by tripledigitken]
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2008 at 09:13 AM

Yeah - like "Tony" for all those middle-eastern car hustlers in So. Cal.
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2008 at 04:34 PM

Joseph Wood Krutch?

He wrote a book about Baja California that some people like.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 2-15-2008 at 07:15 PM

Joe Blow?

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 2-15-2008 at 08:26 PM

I dreamed I saw Joe hill last night.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2008 at 08:28 PM

Joe Dirt?
Steve&Debby
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2008 at 09:20 PM

Joe Mama? Woops went back to the 70's:lol::lol:
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 2-16-2008 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
Yeah - like "Tony" for all those middle-eastern car hustlers in So. Cal.

Hey! Watch it! We have ways.........:smug:

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 2-16-2008 at 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve&;Debby
Joe Mama? Woops went back to the 70's:lol::lol:

Isn't that Yo'Mama.:?::biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2008 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
The name Joseph is often used to refer to inspecific people or people who don't want to give their real name... Do you know anyone who goes by the name Joseph?

Hey, Gnukid-- you've commented quite a bit about the security/corruption problem in BCS; are you aware of this organization? Sounds like they're trying to organize a citizen effort...

--Larry

I meant people in mexico who are named Joseph and go by the name Joseph-it's Jose or another nickname-rarely I have I ever met a "joseph" nor can any of my friends think of one.

Though just for hyperbole notice that when you enter an official office, often times the person will say "preguntar para no se quien, Joseph or Josephina", which means the next available clerk.

The organization you mention, http://www.consejociudadanobcs.org/index.html

I am familiar with in particular in their efforts to rehabilitate youth. I have a few friends that work there. Thats why I know way too many stories, of the changing nature of crime here. They say, once a youth is involved in drug sales or trafficing large quantities in pangas and cars they won't give it up or identify the sources because they make money trafficing than they would ever have the chance to earn in any other occupation... they will have everything they ever dreamed of...

Speaking of youth in trouble, be careful if you visit carnival in La Paz late at night. The police have reported there are, as usual roving gangs of young males, 10-15 in a group who randomly attack other young males. The first night there were reportedly many minor stabbings, people hit in the head etc... in the crowds. The victims have no idea who even hit them.

I saw many of the gringo nomad seniors there too, I don't think you are at all at risk but, younger males alone or in small groups are at risk, especially at midnight-3am.
Acuity
Nomad

Mood: Craving sleep!

[*] posted on 2-28-2008 at 07:18 AM

Back to the subject of someone stealing from Iker's friend in Todos Santos - I just received the folowing information from Iker who has been investigating. I hope this is of use to others out there. Quote follows:

"Well after some research we discovered that guy that robbed my friend from Japan the $1200 USD and 1000 in traveler checks, was attended in the health center in Todos Santos and we got a medical recipe that he got from there and
a bank recipt. The name of the guy is RUTLEDGE JOSEPH SCOTT we also found in the trash of my house a pledge recipt of an acoustic guitar and it says that his adress is 12331 fm 2354 in Baytown Texas height 5-08 born on 06/10/1982, an Amtrak train ticket New Orleans to Del Rio Texas 23 JAN 08, blockbuster card, phone no 707 4834563 adress 3531-B GA HWY 20 AND A CARD FROM MOVIE GALLERY 2179 FAIRBURN ROAD, DOUGLASVILLE, GA 30135. He is a thief and all people need to be warned"

It is, of course, possible that these documents did not themselves belong to the guy that was the thief, but I thought I should pass this on in case others come across the fellow.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.