Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Nomad encounters
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2008 at 09:28 PM
Nomad encounters

In the couple of years I've been following Nomad I've had U2u or email contact with a handful of very nice people on various topics, but we just recently had the occasion to meet a couple of nomads in person.

We bought solar system inverter from BobandSusan several months ago and he was kind enough to hold on to it til we were passing through again. We got to meet Bob in person recently and he's as nice as can be.

The other meeting took place a few days ago and was a chance encounter. Just past the Virgenes on our way North, there was a truck/camper in front of us that looked so familiar but I had no idea why. All the way to the San Ignacio Pemex we tried to figure out who the heck it was. As we pulled in to the diesel pump it came to me-"I think that's Bajajudy" i told my husband. "Should we say anything?", we wondered, (since we're not the most outgoing people around) but decided to go out on a limb and introduce ourselves.

We jumped out of our truck and hollered (possibly a little too enthusiastically) "Judy?? Oladulce and BigWooo!" we said pointing to ourselves like a couple of idiots. Judy smiled and said " ohhh, uhh-huh" and her eyes darted around a bit and she made sure to keep the dog she was walking between us and herself as a buffer.

"How? What? How did you know..??" she asked.

I started to say "well, I saw the 2 dogs and I've seen photos of your camper and you're probably going up to deal with your storage unit since you just returned from a trip to Guerrero Negro and Mag Bay..." but I stopped short thinking "good lord I sound like a stalker and I'm going to scare the poor woman".

So we simply said that we just had a hunch.

We chatted briefly at the pumps and then got back on the road. She and her esposo are also as nice as can be.

But if we ever have another chance encounter with a suspected Nomad, we'll try and tone it down a little in case they're not as gracious as Judy and they reach for their pepperspray.

[Edited on 2-23-2008 by oladulce]
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2008 at 11:18 PM

Dang, that would have been fun Kate . When Judy wondered how we knew who she was, I should have said "your turnbuckles".
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-22-2008 at 08:58 AM

Remember, there are now 'Baja Nomad' stickers to ID yourself to others...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Kell-Baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2008 at 02:26 PM

I've met a couple of Nomads But I do see the Got Baja stickers around every once in a while.
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2008 at 12:13 PM

I guess a bumper sticker would do, but I was thinking of a secret hand signal or a special whistle or tune you would hum to identify yourself to other Nomadics ;)
susanna
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2008 at 12:30 PM

I quess i am a Nomad if i use this forum right ? I know there are Nomads in the Sacramento area and we would like to meet them.We love Baja so we have something in common there.
Bob and Susan in Sacramento
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2008 at 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by susanna
I quess i am a Nomad if i use this forum right ? I know there are Nomads in the Sacramento area and we would like to meet them.We love Baja so we have something in common there.
Bob and Susan in Sacramento

Susanna....Start a new thread and say hello. That way everybody will see it.
Welcome to BajaNomad.

[Edited on 2-23-2008 by DENNIS]
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2008 at 03:20 PM
prerequisites

Quote:
Originally posted by susanna
I quess i am a Nomad if i use this forum right ?

Have you taken the mandatory entrance exam and passed the physical?
frizkie
Nomad

Mood: tranquilo

[*] posted on 2-23-2008 at 07:13 PM
Nomads meeting Nomads

I had the pleasure yesterday of running into Tortuga and his wife Cindy. We met in front of the vet`s in Los Barilles as I was there to pick up one of my little Baja rescue pups after his neutering.

It was wonderful to meet you both and your puppies too.

We were talking about the "puppy mill" that I witnessed on the beach at El Tule and Tortuga mentioned Nomads and that there had been a discussion re puppy mills on here.

It was so cool to meet another Nomad down here in Baja Sur.

Hope you guys have a good and safe trip home.

Feliz Viaje

Barbarita
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2008 at 07:14 AM

My Got Baja sticker, along with Bernies" Bouncing around Baja" does the trick,I've met a few of you that way and I'm always looking for them too.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2008 at 10:00 AM

Having a decals ,will help you identify others Nomads in Baja.
Here is my BigRed,with a few stickers,now I have more need to take another picture.
Notice on driver side corner of back glass,the "GOT BAJA" sticker.below that is GUADALUPE CANYON sticker,far right MEX 1 sticker.

[Edited on 2-24-2008 by BAJACAT]

brd.JPG - 50kB

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Kell-Baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2008 at 02:14 PM

I know I've seen the sticker (Got Baja) a few times on the back of a truck in Lakeside (@ the Walmart & Vons center on Los Coches), I've seen a couple guys in the Got Baja hats, & Baja Cat I'm pretty sure I've seen ur truck. Mabey on the 54? :bounce:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2008 at 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Remember, there are now 'Baja Nomad' stickers to ID yourself to others...

where, how do you get them?:?::?:

At the top of the page see 'Tienda Baja Nomad'? Click on that or this link: http://tienda.bajanomad.com/

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2008 at 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kell-Baja
Quote:

Kell-Baja if you make a right from Los Coches RD to Old HWY 8 you will see a sign about a new water line for the Helix water dristric,Im working 1/2 mile up the road. stop and say hi.

I know I've seen the sticker (Got Baja) a few times on the back of a truck in Lakeside (@ the Walmart & Vons center on Los Coches), I've seen a couple guys in the Got Baja hats, & Baja Cat I'm pretty sure I've seen ur truck. Mabey on the 54? :bounce:

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2008 at 08:58 PM
KELL-BAJA

Also mi truck plates read BAJAKT

DSC01850.JPG - 49kB

Kell-Baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2008 at 11:04 AM

Yep I'm pretty sure I've seen ya around. Mabey I will stop by sometime.:D
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2008 at 01:07 PM

Back window of my Tacoma... last time I took a photo of it!

stickers 001-r.JPG - 46kB

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2008 at 01:09 PM

and the bumper, left side...

stickers 003-r.JPG - 41kB

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2008 at 01:10 PM

and the right side...

stickers 004-r.JPG - 40kB

Wingnut
Nomad

Mood: Baja Pensive

[*] posted on 2-25-2008 at 05:13 PM

I think it's time for a really outstanding, funny Baja Nomad sticker....maybe something with an old timer and a burro heading down the road with a cervasa in one hand and map in the other...what dya think?:o:o:o:lol::lol:
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.