BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Hotel Jardines Baja (San Quintin)
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2013 at 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Why is everyone so insecure in Baja? I would be afraid to go a movie theatre or akmost any public event in the USA....

HUH??? little too much TKT chukie
don't you hate it when you reply to a post that has disappeared and you're left kind of flapping in the breeze? my fault, I had posted this photo of gulag old mill then thought it was a needless shot at jim (its still just wrong):O sorry chuckie.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-17-2013 at 06:08 PM

Question stands..What is TKT?....

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2013 at 07:06 PM

TKT is shortand that a lot of locals use for Tecate (mostly in emails and facebook). Oh, and I see now why the disjointed post.

[Edited on 5-18-2013 by rts551]
liknbaja127
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2013 at 07:31 PM

Wow, the secret out:bounce:
Bomberro
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2013 at 06:34 AM

We stayed at the hotel this past week. On the way back to the highway our trailer decided to fall apart, Carmen was terrific to allow us to leave its contents at her hotel until we could get back. We are going back Tuesday as the restaurant is closed on Mondays and we can make the trip a fun night out! Thanks so much Carmen!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2013 at 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bomberro
We stayed at the hotel this past week. On the way back to the highway our trailer decided to fall apart, Carmen was terrific to allow us to leave its contents at her hotel until we could get back. We are going back Tuesday as the restaurant is closed on Mondays and we can make the trip a fun night out! Thanks so much Carmen!

Sorry your trailer broke, but what a good excuse to enjoy a beautiful place. :biggrin:

They are good people.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2013 at 08:34 AM

Guess from now on I will have to make a reservation.....early. Use to do it on the road.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2013 at 05:01 PM
Me Too

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Guess from now on I will have to make a reservation.....early. Use to do it on the road.

We called when we got cell service heading North, usually as we entered El Rosario. Fernando always had a room or two available. But that was then.

Guillermo did tell me that he had though about building cabanas behind the present hotel. I guess it's up to how far he wants to go.
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2013 at 07:43 PM

Stayed at Hotel Jardines two weeks ago. Great find. Great rates. Very relaxing and beautiful. I personally don't know how they make any money with those low rates and the extensive gardens and the upkeep therewith. LOve the restaurant, great menu and reasonable prices. Nice bar. Vey clean rooms, great big bathrooms, all new tile. Drove from the Serenidad in Mulege to Hotel Jardines in same day. The Serenidad sucks by comparison in my opinion. Had dinner at the Serenidad the night before getting to Hotel Jardines... Serendidad woefully understaffed. The poor bartender was running around trying to make drinks and take everybodies' food order at the same time. Makes me wonder where the heck the ownership/management people were.

Hotel Jardines was just the opposite of the Serenidad.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2013 at 07:58 PM

please stay at Baja Cactus from now on
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 7-5-2013 at 08:07 PM

Are pets allowed at Jardines?

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2013 at 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Whale-ista

Yes.
Marinero
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2013 at 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Whale-ista

They usually limit pets now days to the inside rooms, so only a few rooms available. Good idea to have reservations when you have mascotas.....

Si estás buscando la person que cambiará su vida, échale una mirada en el espejo.

Fish logo from www.usafishing.com, used w/permission.

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have.....
Marinero
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2013 at 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
I thought I'd bump this as some readers had not heard of Jardines until the recent Baja Cactus post.

Don't Let The Pictures Fool You!!!!!
It's way better than it looks. I did not used to encourage publicity. But if they want to expand and grow it a bit, I am in favor of that.

Si estás buscando la person que cambiará su vida, échale una mirada en el espejo.

Fish logo from www.usafishing.com, used w/permission.

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have.....
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-6-2013 at 04:18 AM

The Serenidad has been a great place for a long time. Don Johnson, the owner and a part of Bajas legend is now an elderly man, not well. That is not an excuse for its current state, its a reason. I hope things turn around for him. There are few people (customers) in Mulege theses days and all business is suffering.

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 7-6-2013 at 05:08 AM

Thursday night the hotel mulege was full...the noria full....the las terzas full...
even the squid had people....

I think the correct statement is...there are few americans and Canadians in mulege these days...

schools out and the Mexicans are vacationing

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2013 at 08:08 AM

This is one thread that it was good to see bumped. Jardines is a very unique place. It is no wonder it is so difficult to get a room there anymore, especially one of the dog friendly rooms. It is usually quite a surprise the first time someone walks onto the grounds and then sees one of those bright, beautiful rooms. While it was easier for us before they limited the dog rooms, we do understand, especially for people who are very allergic to dogs.

For dog friendly, the Hotel Mission Santa Maria is very nice and right on the beach. Then again, one person around here once referred to people as wanting to drag their filthy dogs into a hotel room and suggested they leave them home. Some people don't understand that for many of us, they are family and have purer souls than many people.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2013 at 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
This is one thread that it was good to see bumped. Jardines is a very unique place. It is no wonder it is so difficult to get a room there anymore, especially one of the dog friendly rooms. It is usually quite a surprise the first time someone walks onto the grounds and then sees one of those bright, beautiful rooms. While it was easier for us before they limited the dog rooms, we do understand, especially for people who are very allergic to dogs.

For dog friendly, the Hotel Mission Santa Maria is very nice and right on the beach. Then again, one person around here once referred to people as wanting to drag their filthy dogs into a hotel room and suggested they leave them home. Some people don't understand that for many of us, they are family and have purer souls than many people.

AMEN to the purer souls!
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.