Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Coco
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 2-21-2008 at 10:26 AM
Coco

Coco dropped by the Catavina restaurant while we were having lunch last week, just popped his head in to greet the owners.
We got to exchange a few greetings.
He was cheerful, but the 'good' leg is really giving him trouble.
Sad, because he is such an upbeat guy.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-21-2008 at 10:37 AM

Good to hear about him Dick, thanks!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TacoFeliz
Nomad

Mood: Exploratory

[*] posted on 2-21-2008 at 10:44 AM

We were by Coco's Monday afternoon and had a good talk about friends and family. As we were headed out, he quietly mentioned to my wife that the 'good' leg was going on March 28, so he would be in the hospital for a while. When she asked where he was going to be and who would be helping him, he said after the hospital he would be coming back to his camp and it would be just him. As always with him, he said it like he would just get along business as usual.

He is a pretty independent guy, but some extra help from passing Nomads would be a great idea. I asked him if there was anything at all he needed, he could only think of some clothes for his grandson's birthday who is two or three. If you're passing his way, maybe give a thought to what you could drop by for the man. He would never ask for anything but he leads a pretty spartan life, and it's not going to be easy for him, particularly recovering from surgery.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2008 at 11:28 AM
"the leg"

Quote:
Originally posted by TacoFeliz
We were by Coco's Monday afternoon and had a good talk about friends and family. As we were headed out, he quietly mentioned to my wife that the 'good' leg was going on March 28, so he would be in the hospital for a while. When she asked where he was going to be and who would be helping him, he said after the hospital he would be coming back to his camp and it would be just him. As always with him, he said it like he would just get along business as usual.

He is a pretty independent guy, but some extra help from passing Nomads would be a great idea. I asked him if there was anything at all he needed, he could only think of some clothes for his grandson's birthday who is two or three. If you're passing his way, maybe give a thought to what you could drop by for the man. He would never ask for anything but he leads a pretty spartan life, and it's not going to be easy for him, particularly recovering from surgery.

Well, he told us also about the leg, but I did not feel that it was appropriate to announce it.
So, now that you have brought it out,
yes, he is going to have it taken off.
Very sad.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 2-21-2008 at 12:14 PM

BajaRunner--------why do you feel that "it is not appropriate" to mention Coco's leg removal???

It seems highly appropriate to me-----how else would we know his situation???

barry
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2008 at 12:15 PM

He told us over a year ago he wanted it removed, but couldn't get the doctors to do it.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 2-21-2008 at 01:46 PM

Coco has to be one tuff son-of -a -gun.:yes:
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2008 at 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
BajaRunner--------why do you feel that "it is not appropriate" to mention Coco's leg removal???

It seems highly appropriate to me-----how else would we know his situation???

barry

Well, that just seemed pretty personal to me and if he wanted it broadcast he could do it himself, or request same, which he did not.

Or perhaps my sensitivity gene just kicked in.....
(those who know me are now rolling on the floor over that line)
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2008 at 06:33 PM
Coco and the Baja Boyz by Baja Vida

coco by vida-r.JPG - 48kB

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 2-21-2008 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner
Quote:

Well, he told us also about the leg, but I did not feel that it was appropriate to announce it.
Very sad.

Agreed, bajarunner. That's for the person involved to decide.

David, I recall a time when you threw a hissy fit over the posting of pics on another website w/o permission. Minors or not, do you ever consider asking permission before posting pics and revealing personal info about folks?

I am guessing not.

Still waiting for Baja Cactus to "return shortly" after all the personal info you posted about him.

I hope to God you never get any personal info about me..........

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2008 at 07:03 PM
David had specific permission!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner
Quote:

Very sad.

Agreed, bajarunner. That's for the person involved to decide.

David, I recall a time when you threw a hissy fit over the posting of pics on another website w/o permission. Minors or not, do you ever consider asking permission before posting pics and revealing personal info about folks?

I am guessing not.

Still waiting for Baja Cactus to "return shortly" after all the personal info you posted about him.

I hope to God you never get any personal info about me..........

In fact, Baja Vida personally requested that he post this and I exchanged a number of messages with David over it.

Thanks David.
(Now if someone could teach us old farts how to reduce fotos we could do it ourselves)
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 2-22-2008 at 10:17 AM

Nomads, We'll be heading down to La Paz in latter April for our Prosthetic/Orthotic clinic that we hold twice a year with the La Balandra Rotarians down there. It may be a bit too soon (postoperatively) to fit him with a prosthesis, but it would be a good idea to meet him and discuss post operative care. I'll be driving down with my colleague (also a retired Prosthetist-Orthotist) and a PM&R Doc (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation). Where does he live? I've not yet met him, but I would guess that he's a diabetic. You can either post a response or U2U me. Gracias and Saludos, Paul Boe

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2008 at 10:22 AM

Coco's Corner is on the road (Hwy. 5) between Laguna Chapala and Bahia San Luis Gonzaga... also see http://vivabaja.com/coco

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 2-22-2008 at 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Hook, I was emailed that photo and ASKED to post that photo AND asked by Antonio to post what I did about him.

I never take photos off another website without permission. People email me photos all the time to post here.

Stop assuming that everything done is out of spite... everything I do here is to help Nomad be a better, more interesting and friendly web site.

If you don't like something, then keep it to yourself... Let's have Nomad be a POSITIVE place... Okay? Happy times... Pacifico times???

[Edited on 2-22-2008 by David K]

Yeah, it must be ME. :rolleyes:

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2008 at 03:17 PM

:lol::lol:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2008 at 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by boe4fun
Nomads, We'll be heading down to La Paz in latter April for our Prosthetic/Orthotic clinic that we hold twice a year with the La Balandra Rotarians down there. It may be a bit too soon (postoperatively) to fit him with a prosthesis, but it would be a good idea to meet him and discuss post operative care. I'll be driving down with my colleague (also a retired Prosthetist-Orthotist) and a PM&R Doc (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation). Where does he live? I've not yet met him, but I would guess that he's a diabetic. You can either post a response or U2U me. Gracias and Saludos, Paul Boe

Hi Paul, another Nomad suggested I point out this photo to you (it is off the coco web page I linked above)... to help answer the u2u question from this morning:

boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 2-22-2008 at 06:37 PM

Hola Dave, Check your U2U. Paul

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
XRPhlang
Nomad

Mood: Taco me.

[*] posted on 2-24-2008 at 10:16 AM

I was thru on last Thurs. Saw Coco and he said he needs someone to bring him Neosporin and Antibiotic ointment if they are planning to pass by. Poor man seems determined to have his other leg amputated.
baja Steve
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2008 at 06:47 PM

Coco has been a good friend for a long time. Over the years we have worked with his medical needs. He is going to need a lot of help and needs after his leg is removed. If all of us that know him keep in contact with this board we should be able to help Coco greatly. what do you think?
BajaTrooper
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2008 at 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by boe4fun

This link will open Coco's location in Google Earth;D
http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.php/Number/577333

[Edited on 2-25-2008 by BajaTrooper]

Go Ducks!
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.