BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: La Gringa BOLA
mckayshrimp

[*] posted on 2-27-2008 at 11:51 AM
La Gringa BOLA

Just returned from two great weeks at La Gringa. They say tourism is down but we were alone only three days or so except for the 'beach guard', Mario Ceja, who is a great improvement over last years 'pendejo'. Watch out for coyote looting.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 2-27-2008 at 01:22 PM

Thanks for the report. REAL coyotes, or petty theft in camp?

How much wind did you have?

I love camping out there.........

RonnieRockCod
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2008 at 04:52 PM

Please give us a trip report when things settle down. Thanks, RRC.
Baja&Back
Senior Nomad

Mood: Rarin' to go South!

[*] posted on 2-27-2008 at 09:28 PM

Today, except for our caravan & 12 bikes on a tour, there arent a dozen touristas in BOLA. Nobody at Larry's.
2 rigs at Gringa - one of them kiteboarding, having the time of his life, with flat seas inside the bay & 25 knot winds!!

Probably the nicest, warmest winter day I've ever seen in BOLA.

Best wishes to you all!

Barry & Vanda
Baja and Back RV Tours
Vancouver BC Canada / Baja
http://bajaandback.com
Pappy Jon
Nomad

Mood: Temp rising.

[*] posted on 2-29-2008 at 08:20 AM

I haven't been to La Gringa in over a decade. Where does one camp there now?

"The association of flowers and warm-blooded love is more than a romantic convention; it is based upon one of the great advances in the evolution of life." Ed Abbey
reefrocket
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-1-2008 at 10:35 PM

Yes the real thing ("coyote" looting). First night they stole 'pardners' socks and my new high volume hand air pump ---found one sock and air pump (a little chewed up but repaired). Next day turned around from just launching the boat and one was prowling around the tent trailer 45 feet away. Next night one tried to steal our tarp, we were using as a patio ( with chairs on it ) luckly our neighbor lady valiantly gained the repatriation of our tarp and recovered the other sock in the dark (I guess "it" was going to leave it (the sock) as a trade-in). Next night new neighbors lost a high value sandle. That day we pursued a trickster with some 'thing' in its mouth --- turned out it was a 'hombolt' (sp) squid body. {sorry dude guess we interrupted a legal gained meal} BUT turned toward camp and saw a buddy of 'its' window shopping in our camp.
Warm ---- not by my expected standards.
Wind -----YES
Pappy Jon turn left at the Y befor town, go north till the road about ends --- your there--- pick a spot and set up.
Fausto
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2008 at 04:54 PM

Yep, them coyotes are brazen, but when we were ther over presidents day weekend they did not get any of our stuff, but they were all over the place as soon as it turned dark;
Thanks for reminding me of the name of the man there, he was very cool to deal with and helpfull, a definite improvent over "el pendejo".
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2008 at 07:41 PM

A coyote went into our trailer one night while we were sleeping above on the deck. It dragged the 50 lb. bag of dog kibble to the door, then quietly ate the kibble out of the bag while standing right outside the door.

The next morning we saw two coyotes down on the beach playing in the water.

We close the trailer door at night now.

P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2008 at 07:57 PM

Once while I was staying in #12 at Camp Gecko, I guess I had a late night visitor. Next morning Doc. came by and told me that he had passed by at 2am on his way home and saw a coyote in my kitchen (5ft. from where I was sleeping) I told him I guess I'll have to start shutting my doors at night.........nothing was disturbed, maybe Doc. scared him away before he could do any damage? :biggrin:

Mean people suck!
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 3-5-2008 at 10:11 AM
La Gringa yes coyotes no

While camped in a cove a few miles south of Puertecitos a while back I my son and a friend were on our cots socked in for the night, it was a full moon and all was well.

Something woke me,tho and behold I see 15 or 20 coyotes in our camp just walking around sniffing and coyote talking,I sat up and yelled but it made no impression on them of course this woke up my bud who then jumped up and started yelling and waving his arms this only backed them up some :o,started getting a little scary by then,it was only after he started throwing things at them that they took off:biggrin:

Never saw so many at one time or act that way,must have been super staved I guess.

La Gringa one of our favorite places.

Rob
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3-5-2008 at 10:31 AM
Coyotes adjust.

Great opportunists...

...some coyotes become 'semi'-domesticated...like this guy, Lucky. :rolleyes:

- 0 1aaaluckycoyote.jpg - 44kB

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-5-2008 at 10:36 AM

Yes, Bola was a ghost town when we were there last weekend. Juan's family also talked of a sharp increase in petty crimes, particularly from gringo folks so do be on the lookout and take precautions for sure.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-5-2008 at 07:09 PM

Petty crimes from 'gringo folks'??

Is Herman not behaving... or is it Beach Bob?

Oh do please go on!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2008 at 08:34 PM

dave ,petty crime talk from gringos about local thefts.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.