Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Tripui palapa
caballero

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 01:04 AM
Tripui palapa

Interested in buying a palapa in Tripui.
If you have info not on Jerry Jandt's
website please post and let's email
or talk by phone.
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 06:47 AM
Alma's domain

I'd suggest highly that you ask around with owners & X owners about the Truipui owner Alma, "tantrums", before you invest any money in this project. Just what I'd do.
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 09:14 AM
Tripui

Dictatorship kept me away....
caballero

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 11:59 PM

Interesting comments--would like more details. my email address:
robertpike@juno.com
msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2004 at 10:08 PM
Tripui location

Caballero,
just my two cents...Have been going southward for 15 years....Went to Tripui that first time... never thought I would ever have such a grand palce to park my butt... Bought a spot there 3 years ago..Love it and my neighbors.I ain't going anywhere else. *** Phil s.? Capt geo came to loreto a year ago and thought it was heaven... Has a lot for sale and a boat for sale...call him if you want..has a lot of the poop on loreto.. been there a 3 months you know..

martin-o
Phil S
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2004 at 06:20 AM
Tripui

msawin. Your perfect for clearing up the stories of Alma the owner. Tell the Nomads your wonderful experiences with her. Then tell the Nomads some of the experiences other owners & X owners have had with her!!!!!!
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2004 at 02:36 AM

May I make a Suggestion?
it does not Behoove anyone to get into an argument about their opinions,one way or the other, on the merits of a particular location or business in and around loreto!
I have another suggestion:Direct the person to the location and let them make the Decision about the "Locals".

"One Man's Treasure is another Man's Junk"

In the Past ,{I too have been Guilty of bringing out the "Bad of Loreto" in particular my opinions about "Loreto Bay" and some of my recent neighbors}

In my very recent return to the Lord, after an absense of 56 years , I will no longer Spread Grossip about my neighbors or past neighbors.
My advice is to "Stop the Gossip', Let each individual make the use of his intelligence, excerising his "Own Free Will and Accord"

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"
Phil S
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2004 at 07:08 AM
Trupui

This may be true Skeet. But this forum is to dispurse information. When there are many incidents of Alma's ykw's, I think it proper to discuss those "incidents". Too many of those "incidents" have been occurring lately at Tripui. So if someone inquires on this board, and Capt George, I and others express some information, why wouldn't it be proper to do so. I didn't see anything that would be improper.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2004 at 07:36 PM

Phil S.

Phil: If you get the reputation of Down Beating the Locals,they will loose their Respect for You!

Some day someone will tell what you said about a Business,then the people working there might lose their Job as a result.

There is a Mexicano Word ;Meteachie' that says a lot, you should maintain as much contact and Respect with the Mexicano as Possible .It is their country,and they see all Americanos as Rich and uncaring. You can get away wth it in the States and no one is out of a Job. think about It!
I only mean to Help as I know that you Love Loreto as much as I do'
Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"

Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 5-22-2004 at 10:58 AM
Sorry Skeet but..

What Phil S. is saying I must agree with. Alma has ripped off and caused damage to members of my family and others I know also. I feel people should be forewarned if they ask for advice.Be VERY careful of that woman,IMHO!
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2004 at 05:33 PM
Dont know Alma

or anything about Tripui but I beleive we are doing a disservice to someone asking a question if we arnn't honest about our experiences. We don't have to go into gory details, but must at least tell them we've had problems (or whatever) and that they should investigate more. As someone said sometimes "junk is treasure" but it is also true that "treasure is truely junk"

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 07:08 PM

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 08:27 PM

Bancoduo

Great post !!!:P:P:P

Trying to run up your post numbers ???:O:O:O
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 11:31 PM

Well, If anyone cares, I could tell you a VERY "not nice" story about the owner of Tripui.But we would have to U2U.Cuidados mi Amigos

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-22-2006 at 06:34 AM

A 'palapa' in Tripui? Didn't the recent fire losses there teach any lessons about using that material? I thought they had wisely decided not to allow any further construction with palm fronds. But like Dennis Miller says... That's just my two cents, and I could be wrong.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2006 at 07:47 AM

First post on this thread 4-11- 2004?

Nonetheless, no more "palapas" in Tripui. Now we have trailer trash, that includes me, and homebuilders. No more palm thatch, same old dictatorship. Hey, hook it up and drive away, no harm, no foul.

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-22-2006 at 08:11 AM

Don Jorge...we have been duped by bancoduo, a rascal no doubt. The date on this thread is 2004! Sufferin' Succotash!!

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2006 at 04:20 PM

Don; Do you know how Tripui got started?
Short Story; Many years ago, before the paved road opened, there were times when you could not get to the Beach to camp as it was full of many Americans camping eyeball to eyeball. There was no Trash Service so it just kept heaping up on the beach so high you could not see the campers.
When the fonatur knew the Road was going to open and had made the Deal with the French for the Docks, they moved everyone off the Beach and up to Tripui.-Two Texans from San Antonio originally bought and got the Trailer Park Started. There was some kind of a deal worked out so that Alma got control.
At one time the Feds had to setup a Guard Station checking all people coming out of Escondido. Some Mongs were catching loads of yellowtail and other fish, canning it and taking it to the States for Sale.

Skeet/Loreto
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 3-4-2006 at 04:34 PM

Here's the thread on the Tripui fire that was two and a half months later (in June):
http://www.forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=4154

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2006 at 08:09 PM
Tripui Again....

Tripui today.....

Wow, this one goes back a few days...
Phil s?.

..Capt Geo 2006 getting kicked out of another baja town. Wow, we almost could of been stuck with you. Has all his stuff for sale. Lots , boats, ?, stuff. go fight a fire.

Lots are availabe...But you have to.... put up with Alma..I have not had a problem with her but I know others that had problems, and large problems.There are those that are not allowed back into Mexico. If you want to come in and make a statement and not follow the park guide line.....

Once you have had the experience of working with the local folks seeking services, you can really appricate the professional office that Alma runs. She is at the office 6 days a week working her bussiness. Our park manager. She pays our electrical billl.

Some very nice Casitas have been built..We probally have 15 homes built with others going. All mason. You are looking at about $50,000.00 investment. Perty cheap for a location within 2000 yards of the water.......

I was down two weeks ago, hooking a 35lb yellowtail/15 gruper.... Back down in 12 days to check on my building going on. My good buddie is down with his just finnished project, with two friends that want to buy tommorrow...............

Yep. it was the spot.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.