Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ex-pats survey by Mex Govt
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-6-2008 at 04:35 PM
Ex-pats survey by Mex Govt

Is it really the Mexican government asking the questions? Who knows. But they are good questions.

There is an email and phone number supposedly to a person in government at the end.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Pqc_2f_2f_2f31DL_2fva3...

Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2008 at 05:49 PM

I must have missed it. Had the flu from Sat till Tuesday and wasnt interested in the computer.

Guess I was really sick................:biggrin:

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2008 at 05:58 PM

I missed the 1st posting. Just finished the survey. Can't hurt, I hope.
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2008 at 07:22 PM

With all the medical questions in the survey, this sounds suspiciously like it might be related to the other thread about gringos getting a "free-pass card" to cross the border for medical purposes. That and maybe the earlier thread a while back about the possibility of us being able to use Medicare here. But they did offer the opportunity to define what we perceive as "roadblocks".....Uh oh! :o:OMaybe this is the fast-track to the DEPORTATION list! :o:O :lol::lol:
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 3-6-2008 at 07:28 PM
Diane Gibbs of Realty Executives

Sent an email with this link, then sent another email stating that they couldn't verify that it was an official government agency survey.

I haven't done anything more than ignore it, but I urge Nomads to be cautious about answering unsolicited and unverified-as-to-the-source questionnaires.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 3-6-2008 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
Hook,
Thank's , but this was on another thread a few days ago... I just bumped the other thread up.... guess nobody cared to respond. These may be the same people that complain but don't bother to vote.

CaboRon
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Keep up the good work.:wow:

Oh, and what is Thank's, something that belongs to Mr. Thank?

[Edited on 3-7-2008 by Roberto]
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2008 at 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
Sent an email with this link, then sent another email stating that they couldn't verify that it was an official government agency survey.

I haven't done anything more than ignore it, but I urge Nomads to be cautious about answering unsolicited and unverified-as-to-the-source questionnaires.

Yes, I totally agree. It doesn't look very official to me. I would also ignore it.
Bob H
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2008 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by longlegsinlapaz
With all the medical questions in the survey, this sounds suspiciously like it might be related to the other thread about gringos getting a "free-pass card" to cross the border for medical purposes. That and maybe the earlier thread a while back about the possibility of us being able to use Medicare here. But they did offer the opportunity to define what we perceive as "roadblocks".....Uh oh! :o:OMaybe this is the fast-track to the DEPORTATION list! :o:O :lol::lol:

I was thinking the same thing; that this could have ultimately been funded by Carlos Slim.

But I see no harm in taking the questionaire. You dont email it in.

Hey, Carlos Slim......Mexican Government...........what's the difference???:smug:

[Edited on 3-7-2008 by Hook]

teadust
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan

This survey is now promoted in the Guadalajara Reporter (see article and interview) and anyone coulld verify the source of the survey by just contacting the gentleman listed as contact at the end of the survey - that's what I did, and here's the immediate replies he sent to my inquiries:

"The reason why the survey is being conducted by Hacienda is because the current Secretary is personally very interested in developing the medical services sector in Mexico by attracting more US and Canadian citizens, both for retirement and medical tourism reasons. This involves discussing with our counterparts in the US (the Treasury, the SSA and the DHHS) and Canadian governments the benefits of allowing their citizens to be reimbursed for medical expenses they incur while in Mexico. Currently only US citizens with Medigap policies can get reimbursed for medical emergencies expenditures, while Canadian citizens face restrictions depending on the province-specific rules regarding reimbursements. At Hacienda, the Insurance, Pensions, and Social Security Unit is working on this project, which we believe will benefit both countries.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance in clarifying any questions you may have.

Yours sincerely,

Rodrigo

Unidad de Seguros, Pensiones y Seguridad Social
Secretaría de Hacienda y Crédito Público
Palacio Nacional S/N
Oficina 4068, Tercer Patio Mariano, Piso 4
Col. Centro
Delegación Cuauhtémoc
México D.F. 06000
México"

and

"I am writing to you since you wrote to me recently to express some concerns about the survey of US and Canadian citizens living in Mexico which is being conducted by the Mexican Government through the Insurance, Pensions, and Social Security Unit at the Ministry of Finance (Secretaría de Hacienda y Crédito Público).

First of all, let me express our gratitude for agreeing to answer the survey. Second, let me reassure you that it is the Mexican Government who is collecting the survey, and that we will keep all information provided strictly confidential. Third, I would like to express our commitment to using the results of the survey in order to change policies and regulations to facilitate and improve the process of migration to Mexico. Your inputs will be very valuable in designing a comprehensive strategy to facilitate this process.

Finally, I would like to request your assistance in disseminating the survey as widely as possible among US and Canadian citizens living in Mexico. Please feel free to forward this message to family members and friends which you know are living in Mexico. The more people answering the survey the more representative it will be, and the more likely it will influence policy in Mexico, the US, and Canada.

The link to the survey is:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Pqc_2f_2f_2f31DL_2fva3...

We hope to have the results of the survey processed in three weeks and share the findings with the US and Canadian communities in Mexico through the Consular offices of their respective Embassies.

Yours sincerely,

Rodrigo García Verdú

Unidad de Seguros, Pensiones y Seguridad Social
Secretaría de Hacienda y Crédito Público
Palacio Nacional S/N
Oficina 4068, Tercer Patio Mariano, Piso 4
Col. Centro
Delegación Cuauhtémoc
México D.F. 06000
México

Tel. +52 (55) 3688-1118
Fax: +52 (55) 3688-1346
Cel: 044 (55) 2938-4093
Cel: +52 1 (55) 2938-4093 (desde fuera de México)
E-mail: rodrigo_garciav@hacienda.gob.mx"
losfrailes
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good!

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 12:37 PM

Teadust

That kinda cut to the chase for sure. Thanks for very pertinent information. Might assist the ex-pats living here already in the long run.

But then, what do I know.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.