BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: It was AWESOME (canyon exploring, times 5)
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

thumbup.gif posted on 4-12-2004 at 12:50 AM
It was AWESOME (canyon exploring, times 5)

Jide and I explored FIVE canyons: Parral, Berrendo, Carrizo, Agua Caliente, and El Cajon... I am too sleepy to do a full report now, but it was great!

Meeting Baja Lou and his gang from El Dorado was fun... Meeting the San Pedro Martir team in Parral was great too. Mexitron, Pappy, Hudson, and Brooks relayed their week with Jack Swords going to Baja's most remote mission.

Friday we explored Berrendo Canyon, and camped in Parral. Some rain from a thunder storm...

Saturday we explored Parral, another brief thunder storm, we packed up and went to a hillside coverd with yellow moss and blue palms. It was in the next valley north of Parral, then on to Carrizo. Just a short hike there, and we will have to go back to go further up. Then we went into Agua Caliente Canyon to camp Sat. night.

Sunday morning, we hiked to the hot springs... The 'cilantro farm' is gone... all the drip tubing was hacked into ten thousand pieces (by the military?). The water was so hot, we had to follow the hot stream over 300 feet down before it dropped to about 105 degrees F (the most I can stand for more than a few minutes). Jide dug a tub, and I found a spot in the creek deep enough to bathe in. Back to our camp (1.1 mi. away) and after lunch, we packed up and headed north on the old road along the west side of the valley from Rancho Algodon, making milage and GPS notes.

We hiked up El Cajon canyon and it was like we were in the mountains, with water flowing all the way to the mouth of the canyon...! We met Burro Bob, too... Easter Sunday wait at the San Ysidro border was 40 minutes starting at 9:18pm. Not bad!!!

Jide was a great Baja exploring co-pilot... gracias!

There is just so much to tell and show... The blue palms, water falls, streams, and boulders were super EXOTIC!!!

Stay tuned!:bounce:

[Edited on 4-12-2004 by David K]

[Edited on 4-12-2004 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2004 at 08:21 AM

Sounds great DK. I'm about a month away from my next trip down. Until then, I'll keep reading all the great trip reports.

Zac

jide
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2004 at 09:46 AM

It was great meeting the San Pedro Martir Expedition Crew and knowing they made it all the way up there despite the difficulty of the hike and weather! It was also great to meet the BajaLou and his San Felipe fellows. Everybody enjoyed the beautiful hike to Parral, water and blue fan palms were waiting for us. We also found a natural water tank upcanyon, I can't wait for Bajalou and David K to show us the pictures....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-12-2004 at 05:07 PM

Hello, I dropped off the film today... and I will write the nausiatingly detailed trip report now, on Word, then post... 'Exotic Desert Canyons' will be the title (you like that, jide?).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2004 at 07:35 PM

David- nice to meet you and Jide.Too bad it was such a short meeting, but nice nonetheless.We had a blast at Matomi, but not very much fun coming back thru San Felipe-traffic was INSANE.
Matt;D
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2004 at 07:15 AM

baja lou- great to meet you and your crew, and what a cool place to meet indeed!sounds like your canyon time was as good as ours over in matomi!
Matt
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2004 at 08:44 PM
Great canyons

It was great meeting up with David K and JIDE and also the group from the Mission trip. All of us from San Felipe really enjoyed the time spentwith all of you as well as the wonderful different canyons. Bearrando & El Parral - different than most in the Sierra San Pedro Matir. Hope to see all of you again as we explore this wonderful world.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.