Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Pilot Phil takes local kids flying in Asuncion
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-20-2008 at 02:54 PM

OH MAN...we just got back from our little camping trip and read this sad news...what day did it happen? The strip is very close to town and so perhaps invites disaster...we all know that punks love to throw rocks through any windows. It saddens me so that such wonderful folks suffer these indecencies...wish I lived in Abreojos so I could find out who the culprit was and get him dealt with...mexican style. I hope Phil got the help and support he needed...wish we would have been there to help.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
drifter

[*] posted on 3-21-2008 at 10:08 PM
We'll be back!

Thanks for your thoughts. Gretchen and I have made it back to Oregon and are already planning our return to a special place with really special people. What happened to us was ABSOLUTELY no reflection on the good people of Punta Abreojos. It was an issue of some young person making a poor choice. We have friends in Abreojos who I thought were going to break into tears when this happened. As the news spread around the community we had an outpouring of offers to help. Through the help of the local fishing cooperativa, as well as countless others, we made repairs that allowed us to continue. Both Gretchen and I are ready to head back as soon as we can find the time.

Phil

[Edited on 3-22-2008 by drifter]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 3-22-2008 at 06:05 AM

well - did they ever catch the little buggers??!!:mad::fire:

i very much hope to hit all of the good pacific landing zones this summer but am not too keen on being furher from my bird than i want to carry an ice chest,porta BBQ kit and a tent!

and for Asuncion i'll want to pay for a guard, just cheap insurance and i don't mind spreading the pesos around! am sure Sheri can hook me up.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 3-22-2008 at 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by drifter
Thanks for your thoughts. Gretchen and I have made it back to Oregon and are already planning our return to a special place with really special people. What happened to us was ABSOLUTELY no reflection on the good people of Punta Abreojos. It was an issue of some young person making a poor choice. We have friends in Abreojos who I thought were going to break into tears when this happened. As the news spread around the community we had an outpouring of offers to help. Through the help of the local fishing cooperativa, as well as countless others, we made repairs that allowed us to continue. Both Gretchen and I are ready to head back as soon as we can find the time.

Phil

You are truly one of nature's gentlemen! I wish you and your wife the best of happiness and satisfaction with what you are doing for those kids.
:bounce:

drifter

thumbup.gif posted on 3-22-2008 at 08:44 AM
Abreojos aircraft parking

As of when we departed, they had not located the person who broke our windscreen but I'm sure that they have by now. The police and some municipio legal folks got involved and appeared that they truly wished to deal with the situation.
After our incident I moved our Super Cub immediately across the street to an area in front of a home just to the north of a hangar. The owners of the home are wonderful people who were anxious to help out. I five dollar contribution to them for the inconvenience would be greatly appreciated. Once again, please note we will not hesitate to visit Abreojos on our next visit. We've got over 25 years experience flying on the Baja as well as the mainland and look at this issue as a complete aberration to the norm.
As for Asuncion, if you haven't been there, you need to put it on your list to visit. Shari and her husband Juan Arce are the BEST and I'm sure will do anything in their power to make your stay comfortable. We really enjoyed meeting Bimbo, Juan's brother in law and the others in Juan's and Shari's family. I wish you could have seen the excitement of the kids and how they were dressed for the occasion, as well as their parents, when we headed out to the strip for our morning flights. You would have thought that they were headed to a first rate church or school activity to meet some high dignitary.

shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2008 at 09:42 AM

Gracias amigo...you and your lovely wife are true generous, gentle spirits who understand baja...our family sends their love and promises to take turns plane-sitting next time.

Lauriboats
Senior Nomad

Mood: Loving life in Baja

[*] posted on 3-22-2008 at 09:55 AM

Glad that you made it home safely. We look forward to meeting you on your next visit. Jim and Lauri

What we see depends mainly on what we look for.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2008 at 11:01 AM

Whew, good news. Been thinking about you and are relieved to hear of the resolution of this. Salud and here's to more adventures!

I know a couple of Oregonians and a Washingtonian who would love to accompany you to Asuncion any time you need fuel etc.

Iflyfish
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2008 at 11:37 AM

Shari - do the medicos still visit Asuncion? BW and the Aerostar? plus others?
i think its Flying Doctors, not Sams. what are their schedules? they have gone to the serenidad after asuncion before. I see BW there every once in a while. haven't lately though. a friend in the Sams phx based just sold his 310 and bought a hot rodded Aerostar, he knows BW from their owner's type association.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2008 at 02:31 PM

Good to hear you are back safe and sound. We look forward to your next visit here.

Stupid choices happen everywhere, even in a great little town like Abreojos. Love your attitude about the whole thing. :yes::yes:

Oh, if you still have our e-mail, be sure to send us a couple of the authors we talked about and we will do likewise.

John and Diane

shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2008 at 07:00 PM

Los Medicos voladores only come a couple times a year...not sure who BW is though. We have been getting more fly-ins lately which has been neat...a new place for baja pilots to discover.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2008 at 06:02 AM

U2U czech

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.