Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: San Quintin Fishing
Big Al
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2004 at 10:34 AM
San Quintin Fishing

Does anyone know what happened to the shore fishing South of San Quintin? I just got back and this is the second time that the shore fishing was terrible there. I used to go down to La Pinta hotel area and catch Surf Perch at will. It was more difficult to catch sand crabs than fish. Now I can't find a single sand crab and like wise the fishing is terrible. A few small (very small) perch are caught on shrimp, but that is it. What happened to the sand crabs, is that what is ruining the fishing? I was told that there may have been an oil spill down there a few years ago. Is this true? Could this be a seasonal thing?

Thanks,

Big Al
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 4-18-2004 at 09:14 PM

Something is going on related to that stretch of beach. We have always referenced that beach as 'sand dollar' beach for what use to be the obvious reason that a person could not walk more than 2 feet without running across them. Just there last week and the progression have continued of fewer and fewer. In addition, I saw for the first time there the use of gill nets from shore out....
Big Al
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2004 at 03:48 PM
Sand Dollars

i saw the same thing with the sand dollars. the beach has changes for some reason. I was told that there was an oil spill there some years back, but I didn't believe the story, but who knows. That would certainly have an effect on shore creatures.

Big Al

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.