BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: look up
pamelaadamson

wink.gif posted on 4-14-2004 at 01:25 PM
look up

there are so many things people say that have nothing to do with me, so my way of dealing with it is to think of the color of the sea at aqua verde when it refect the sky at sunset. the smile on my face gets so wide that i get stared at sometimes;but then they smile and for just a moment, the world is ok. just as it is now. hows your day going?

jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 4-14-2004 at 01:54 PM
Been there....

A little better now...

Thanks...

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
pamelaadamson

[*] posted on 4-14-2004 at 02:02 PM
look up

jeans, yes, been there many times. when was the last you were there?
jeans
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2004 at 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pamelaadamson

Jan. '02. I passed by there last year..with a heavy heart I did not turn in. This is what I wrote about our stay.

Agenda for the Perfect Day in Baja:

Dawn:
Answer ?nature?s call? and witness the mountains turned rosy, then gold with the rising sun.

Early morning: Have a cappuccino, build a fire to ward off the slight morning chill, and watch the mountains continue their morning kaleidoscope of colors. Buy lobster brought to our camp.

Mid-Morning: Eat toasted bagels w/ cream cheese, drink more cappuccino, watch dolphins jump offshore. Interim entertainment provided by pelicans flying a hair?s breadth above the glassy sea.

Early Afternoon: Laze around, eat, read, eat, explore tide pools, find live oyster and a puffer fish caught in a large pool, return to camp, eat & read.

Mid Afternoon: Play with hermit crabs, nap in the sun, read, eat, visit & drink cervezas with locals who wander over to visit.

Early evening: Cook fresh lobster, (melt one stick of butter), steak & fried onions. Serve with sliced avocado, chilled Chardonnay, watch sunset by the fire. Dessert of cappuccino and Oreo cookies (Double Stuffs). Crawl into bed.

Next Day: Repeat

?Honey?wake up?I hear something outside? I tried to peer out of the condensation-covered windows of the camper. The moon is out and the shadows being cast are confusing. I hear more sounds and as my eyes adjust to the light I see shadows moving about our camp. There are three of them?they have on masks. He is barely awake but I?m banging on the sides of the camper to scare them away. I finally open the door yelling at them and I see?yes there are three of them running away?. their ringed tails disappearing into the night.

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 4-21-2004 at 06:35 PM

yup, that about sums it up, except we usually start the beer I.V. pertineer after that coffee jolt in the mornin'....eh, pappy?!
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2004 at 08:45 PM

Mextron: Even though it's a contraction of 'pretty near', I think the 'i' is silent and it's pronounced with 2 syllables....more like 'pert-near'. As I am the end product of a long like of Kansans, you'll have to trust me on this. You Socal folks can quit trying to look it up; 'Pertnear' will only be in dictionaries that also have 'lar-a-pin'. ;)
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

biggrin.gif posted on 4-21-2004 at 09:38 PM

Thank-you for setting me straight on that one........one of these days I'll get to Kansas and I won't embarass myself!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-21-2004 at 11:13 PM

Quote:
quote]Originally posted by jeans
Quote:
Originally posted by pamelaadamson

Jan. '02. I passed by there last year..with a heavy heart I did not turn in. This is what I wrote about our stay.

Agenda for the Perfect Day in Baja:

Dawn:
Answer ?nature?s call? and witness the mountains turned rosy, then gold with the rising sun.

Early morning: Have a cappuccino, build a fire to ward off the slight morning chill, and watch the mountains continue their morning kaleidoscope of colors. Buy lobster brought to our camp.

Mid-Morning: Eat toasted bagels w/ cream cheese, drink more cappuccino, watch dolphins jump offshore. Interim entertainment provided by pelicans flying a hair?s breadth above the glassy sea.

Early Afternoon: Laze around, eat, read, eat, explore tide pools, find live oyster and a puffer fish caught in a large pool, return to camp, eat & read.

Mid Afternoon: Play with hermit crabs, nap in the sun, read, eat, visit & drink cervezas with locals who wander over to visit.

Early evening: Cook fresh lobster, (melt one stick of butter), steak & fried onions. Serve with sliced avocado, chilled Chardonnay, watch sunset by the fire. Dessert of cappuccino and Oreo cookies (Double Stuffs). Crawl into bed.

Next Day: Repeat

?Honey?wake up?I hear something outside? I tried to peer out of the condensation-covered windows of the camper. The moon is out and the shadows being cast are confusing. I hear more sounds and as my eyes adjust to the light I see shadows moving about our camp. There are three of them?they have on masks. He is barely awake but I?m banging on the sides of the camper to scare them away. I finally open the door yelling at them and I see?yes there are three of them running away?. their ringed tails disappearing into the night.

Golly jeans, you paint the mental picture so well, I can almost see what you are describing as if I was there! Funny, huh?:o:yes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jeans
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2004 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
Mextron: Even though it's a contraction of 'pretty near', I think the 'i' is silent and it's pronounced with 2 syllables....more like 'pert-near'. As I am the end product of a long like of Kansans, you'll have to trust me on this. You Socal folks can quit trying to look it up; 'Pertnear' will only be in dictionaries that also have 'lar-a-pin'. ;)

Too funny, Santiago! I was thinking the same thing when I read that. (There's no "i" in "pert-near!")

My dear, departed grandmother was from Kansas/Missouri....and that was a favorite of hers and a fond memory for us.

pamelaadamson

[*] posted on 4-22-2004 at 06:30 PM
look up

thank you jeans for a perfect reply. just wondering the locals you shared a drink with, do you remember their names. been
trying to contact carlos and judy who lived at the end of the beach before you went around the rocks to the nudie beach mule mail must be back. have some bad news to share. but mainly want to hook up when i go back. i miss the smells, the being of being there. thank you david k for the pic thought i could see the airstream shining in the sun. if anyone wants to share news about aqua verde or san cosme please contact me at flyingpagan@yahoo.com. hope to hear from you soon.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2004 at 07:56 PM
Nudie Beach?

I missed that one... Got the GPS for it? LOL!!!!

'One local' who paid us a visit and stayed a bit for conversation, was a French man who was staying in a cabin in the old village. This was Dec. 29-30, 2001.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

pamelaadamson

[*] posted on 4-22-2004 at 09:21 PM
look up

hola:davidk-the pic you posted is a great shot. looking straight at it the nudie beach was the second cove after you level out on the road. the first arroyo or beach on the left was where we stayed every year we went down. i dont remember a frenchman and which villiage were you speaking of? if aqua verde proper, was that where you stayed. san cosme is the area where the restaraunt is located where the end of the decent is. my husband and i along with several others built it after ester(the oldest daughter) accidently burned down the original building.my heart aches to be there. i know so much has happened since,so many people come and go, babies born and people die, but they never leave your thoughts.the people are so warm and asked for nothing in return.we meet travelers from all over the world there and i wish i had my diaries,most of all, as much as i wish it was the same as 1982, the first year we went, iam happy to hear the area is still visited, and hope that all that pass thru leave a respect for the locals both native and transplanted. heres my thought, take a lure for the local fisherman:but take a pan to the fishermans' wife and you will always have a friend for dinner. Got anymore pictures?Locals? be safe.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2004 at 10:05 PM
for anyone interested...

San Cosme is at the bottom of the BIG grade down the mountain... It is where you turn in to get to the hot springs, just north along the rock beach, at low tide. The Green Tortoise Tour Co. brings clients down to San Cosme where they have a giant palapa for shade (and a restaurant?).

Agua Verde (the original village is on an unsigned side road left, before the final hill crossing to the enclosed Bahia Agua Verde.. The French man lived at the old village.

The palm grove is just past the village where a lagoon used to be... We camped on the beach next to the palm grove.

The road ends* at the newer village of Puerto Agua Verde, way back from the sand beach. (* a new road is reported going west to Constitucion).

Two photos of Agua Verde are on my web site ( http://davidksbaja.com/baja15 )... one is the view picture I posted from on top of the grade and the other shows my travel partner enjoying the 'Baja Feeling' at our beach camp.

[Edited on 4-23-2004 by David K]

pamelaadamson

[*] posted on 4-22-2004 at 11:29 PM
look up

geez, arent we suppose to not tell people how to get there? great discription of the area. no doubt in my mind that you know where it is. maybe the only reason you didnt find the nudie beach is because you didnt go around pelican point.HA!the spot we always camped was pre gts.then we moved out of the arroyo dud, and up on the lane going right. our friends were pretty well dug in at the end spot. also, i figure you are the same dk & jeans that post on the amigos board. it was great to see juanita, glad her and dave tied it up.going to try and get down for the vag thing in august.well,be safe.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.