Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mexican Corporation
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 06:29 AM
Mexican Corporation

I'm looking for information , ideas , and all comments on forming a mexican corporation.

Are there any past posts that I could look at with some info ?

Thanks everyone . :bounce:
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 08:43 AM

its easy...

you need to conduct business in mexico
you need 3 people all can be foreigners

you cant buy a property and build a single family residence on it and live there...you'll get burned

you need a laywer to set it up

add everything (in writing) you might want to do in the future to your corp papers NOW even add you accountants name

you need an accountant to file monthly taxes and a BIG yearly report

when you get your fm3 make sure you get an attachment that states that you can work for your corporation in mexico

theres more and more

get a lawyer IN MEXICO!!!

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 12:20 PM

Since I have a Corporation in Baja Sur and have had so for 15 years I have only one Suggestion:
Contact Miguel Isquierda Notoria #12 in La Paz. Follow his Advice..
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 05:36 PM
mexican corporations

We have established a Mexican corporation and so far it has gone well. Of course, we are always expecting the unexpected glitch. It may all be related to the purpose of your cooperation which accounts for the complexities and difficulties involved.
This is a site that seems to explain some of the issues.
http://www.ricardobarraza.com/about_owning_property_in_mexic...
Tiomiguel
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 05:45 PM

Excellent analysis Bob and Susan, and others. I am a Canadian accountant and investigating the alternatives for holding property. Many think that a corporation is easier to hold recreational property than a fideicomiso.

I agree with Bob and Susan you need to be operating a business not just owning and renting out your house. Also sites that I have seen indicate the capital gains tax rate in the Mexican corporation are 35% and complicated to dispose of properties and more expensive to maintain in the long run. With a Fideicomiso I understand that if you are a resident for a certain length of time that you can avoid most of the Mexican tax.

While a corporation may be easier at the start and a little cheaper, for ownership of recreational property, even if you rent it out, I am leaning towards the Fideicomiso. If you are in business, yes use the corporation. With a fideicomiso, you do not need an FM3, so that avoids one problem if you are just an occasional resident. I am investigating this in the future and appreciate your insights and contacts. More when I figure it out in English for both Canadians and my American Friends.

Also Fideicomiso is easy to transfer to your kids, and to others as when you sell the property you can just change the beneficiaries of the trust instead of selling shares etc.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 07:36 PM

"With a fideicomiso, you do not need an FM3"
but...if you leave property in mexico you do need a fm3 or it can be seized

"just change the beneficiaries of the trust"
Beneficiary should be stated in the trust in case you pass....

"instead of selling shares"
the other corp type has no "shares"
3 people run the corp

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.