BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: BCS crime
Leroy

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 05:16 PM
BCS crime

Had hoped violent crime would stay north of GN.
Below from Baja Western Onion.

April 5, 2008:
Public Advisory: Attack - A single woman was attacked in her home one block from El Sol II on Thursday, April 3rd around 9:00PM. There were two men, one the main attacker and another man outside. The man entered her home and put a gloved hand over her mouth and beat her with a pipe. The main attacker is described as a Mexican man, dark skinned, shorter and stocky in hid late 30's or early 40's, the other was a younger Mexican in his 20's with a slighter build. The main attacker seem "crazed". After they left, she was able to get out onto the road and a Mexican couple stopped and took her to the clinic. She had several stitches and was sent by ambulance to La Paz. The doctor at the clinic said this has happened to other women in the Todos Santos-Pescadaro area in the last two months. - Names Withheld, Todos Santos

---------------------------------------

We also heard an unconfirmed rumor of one other assault in Todos Santos in the past few weeks. As always, help each other to keep our community safe; be careful, watch out for your neighbors and report any crimes or suspicious activity to the police. They may not be able to do anything unless there is a report filed. - Editor

April 8, 2008:
Armed Assault - Hey, my name is Terry Fox. I saw your post on the Baja Western Onion and I thought I would share with you the experience that I had two nights ago. I am camping on my lot in Todos Santos, which is directly across from the Ahorcadita, and I have a little bodega that I am building that still needs finishing up. I use it as a kitchen when I am there.

Anyway, on the 25th, around 8:30 P.M. I was sitting in my bodega doing a crossword puzzle, when a man with a rifle appeared in my doorway and told me to get on the floor. Then, his buddy with a machete started going through my stuff. I asked them what they where looking for and the Rifle Guy said money, and that he would kill me. So, I gave them my wallet and they left. Oh yeah, they took my headlamp also, I suppose because it was shining in their eyes. I called the policia and they came out and then told me to make a report with the ministry, which I did, so I guess we'll see. I'm not optimistic. It was hard to describe them in detail. So, there it is, armed home invasion in Todos Santos. Pretty messed up. I thought after seeing your post that it might be good to get the word out about these nasty folks. Thanks, Terry
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 06:09 PM

I would add that you report any crimes to the Baja Onion editor as well as the police.

It was pretty clear that, for a time, the police in the Rosarito/TJ corridor were covering up incidents and that makes it hard for the word to get out to the general populace. Different situation in Rosarito, I realize, than BCS. But the lesson is the same.

Let the media know. That can light a fire under the authorities.

[Edited on 4-9-2008 by Hook]

Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 09:04 PM

This, of course, has been a huge topic of discussion around town. Very hard to know whether there is a huge increase in crime in the area... certainly break and enters are on the rise. Does the fact that there is now a source of reporting these incidents just make everyone more aware of them? The "old timers" are quick to remember incidents of assaults and murders dating thru the past 10-15 years.
I for one, still feel very safe in our little bario. It was very sweet today when our neighbors were here gardening and helping me with the clean up... Victor told me what had happened and also told me not to worry... I was very safe here:yes::yes:
I certainly know that we have more incidents of break and enter in our area of Victoria that we do here... I also would never think of going to bed with my doors unlocked...

Remember, when in Mexico, yes may be no and no may be
maybe!
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2008 at 07:04 AM

Sounds like drugs are at the root of these robberies, lucky the meth drug addict is on a fast downward spiral and do to the mind and body deteoration can't last long.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.