BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: My wife is stranded in Mulege - please help me figure out how to get her home!
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 4-10-2008 at 10:51 AM

Can´t she ride back with Roberto? He is going back and forth to Ensenada and I think he is leaving again tomorrow.

You would expect family to help, but then..............??

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2008 at 11:06 AM

Take Bob & Susans advice:

Get a FMT in Santa Rosalia, then either hitch a ride with someone going north, or take the bus.

With this post you should get an offer. A lot of people are starting to head north about now.

I wish I was stranded in Mulege!:spingrin:
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2008 at 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Well, all of this is a relief........my glasses are dirty and I thought the post said "wife strangled" instead of "wife stranded"..................

I can relate to that.

There's a nomad who logs in as 'awfulart' here and every time I see it I read it as 'awfulfart'. :(
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-10-2008 at 11:41 AM

Now, if you would have just got in your vehicle, hauled Burro to Mulege to get your better half,him/her. you would be halfway home by now.
Just a thought.:biggrin::biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-10-2008 at 11:55 AM

Maybe she doesn't want to come home!
You can't tell me that people who live in Mulege don't know how to get to TJ and the border. If she wanted to come home she would have asked someone there how to do it.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

m.porosky

[*] posted on 4-10-2008 at 07:51 PM

Alan: Did you just say what I think you just said? LOL!! I've been married to her for 35 years. I meant "her", not "his". We're just so frustrated over this!

Gadget: I'm not sure why, but I guess I've never gotten around to going down there. My wife and kids fly there, but I haven't made the trip yet..

toneart: The original plan was that Roberto agreed to drive her back to San Diego. He's just too busy right now to have the time to drive her back as originally planned... enough said.

Oh, and fishbuck.. she drove down there with my mother-in-law, so she doesn't have her own car to drive back to the border.

I spoke with her on the phone the other night and she did bring along the receipt for her Passport, so things are looking up.. she's going to see if she can board the airplane with the paperwork she has, or if her mother might be able to drive her to the border after all.

As far as why not just popping the top off another cerveza and propping her feet up on the coffee table is because something is going on at home here and she needs to get home as soon as possible.

Thank you again for all of your help and ideas, I'll keep all of you updated!

Mike

[Edited on 4-11-2008 by m.porosky]

-
Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 4-11-2008 at 10:44 AM

This is indeed a very interesting tale. I hope SHE, you had us a little worried there Mike, gets home safe.

35 years huh, boy they sure haven't done a very good job of impressing on you how very beautiful that area is. I'd get on them for that, you're missing it.

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2008 at 01:58 PM

The helpful TJ consulate. Now there's a novel idea.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Pappy Jon
Nomad

Mood: Temp rising.

[*] posted on 4-11-2008 at 03:54 PM

If I had in-laws in Mulege I'd be all over it multiple times a year. Do they want to adopt a 50 year-old curmudgeon?

"The association of flowers and warm-blooded love is more than a romantic convention; it is based upon one of the great advances in the evolution of life." Ed Abbey
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 4-11-2008 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gadget
This is indeed a very interesting tale. I hope SHE, you had us a little worried there Mike, gets home safe.

35 years huh, boy they sure haven't done a very good job of impressing on you how very beautiful that area is. I'd get on them for that, you're missing it.

Hell, I'll go get her just for an oppurtunity to see Mulege again!

Unbelievable!

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
cabokid
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2008 at 09:30 PM

try DHL mail service. I have sent papers to cabo and they received in 24 hours
Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 4-15-2008 at 12:09 AM

Think it over real good before you make a move on this. Wife there, me here. :rolleyes: Also absence makes the heart grow fonder is what they say. :smug: This might be the break you were looking for! Order meals on wheels and that will cut your exspenses in half! Call in Maids and More and then with the money you save Travel any where you want to go! See, there always good in every bad situation. :P

We all want a peaceful world, filled with love and laughter, but we fill ourselves with anger and hate trying to fiqure out how to achive it.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-15-2008 at 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cabokid
try DHL mail service. I have sent papers to cabo and they received in 24 hours

You can actually send your wife through the mail.:?::?::biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 4-16-2008 at 03:36 PM

Bye- Bye Honey!:lol::lol:
Ford
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2008 at 09:57 PM

Just a little tidbit of info for you since you haven't been down there... If you give her a bus pass and a fist full of $50 dollar bills she can get anything and anywhere in Mexico. I think I can understand why you don't go to Baja:O...If my In Laws lived there I would Vacation to Hawaii as well!
Maybe after everything gets sorted out for you, you can take a boys trip to Hawaii or something and get "stranded" with a couple cervezas.....
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 4-22-2008 at 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford
Just a little tidbit of info for you since you haven't been down there... If you give her a bus pass and a fist full of $50 dollar bills she can get anything and anywhere in Mexico. I think I can understand why you don't go to Baja:O...If my In Laws lived there I would Vacation to Hawaii as well!
Maybe after everything gets sorted out for you, you can take a boys trip to Hawaii or something and get "stranded" with a couple cervezas.....

:lol::lol::lol:

No kidding. This sounds like the desire to return doesnt equal the desire to have her back.

It's not that hard to accomplish............and the family who runs Huerta Saucedo would know that in spades.

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 4-23-2008 at 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook

No kidding. This sounds like the desire to return doesnt equal the desire to have her back.

It's not that hard to accomplish............and the family who runs Huerta Saucedo would know that in spades.

A-h-h Yes! The Saucedo family.......................:o:rolleyes:

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2008 at 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Quote:
Originally posted by Hook

A-h-h Yes! The Saucedo family.......................:o:rolleyes:

Things have changed there recently Hook. I hope the park retains the beauty and care the Saucedos instilled and maintained for so long.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 4-23-2008 at 02:53 PM

Ford!:bounce: :bounce:
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 4-23-2008 at 03:03 PM

They sold out to the Ford Family Foundation???:?:

Or, she should just jump in a Ford and head for the border??? :?:

Or, she should ford the Tijuana River to get back???:?:

Sharks, Cypress help me out here.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.