Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: New RV park/restaurant/bar in La Ribera
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 03:12 PM
New RV park/restaurant/bar in La Ribera

Mike O'Dell held the grand opening of his new La Trinidad RV park/restaurant/bar in La Ribera and the whole affair got rave reviews from locals. Great food and booze, good prices. The park has 20 Full Hookup RV spaces, a pool, lovely new baths and more. Room for tent campers too. Here's some pix - sorry about the multi posts.

RV 1.JPG - 47kB
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 03:15 PM
RV

RV 2.JPG - 46kB
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 03:17 PM
RV

RV 3.JPG - 47kB
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 03:25 PM

I stopped in at the RV Park last February.
Although the camping is a little "RV parking lot", the place is clean and new.
The campers I spoke to said the restaurant/bar is good and they were happy with the facilities.
There is no beach view from the cmaping area but a short trail through the lush growth leads to the water.
Fred
Senior Nomad

Mood: Laid Back

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 07:22 PM

Looks pricey????????????????????????????????? Do you know the monthly rate?
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 07:26 PM

Fred, I'm among the uninformed about what is usual to pay for this kind of park in Baja Sur. What do you think pricey would be? Tell me and I'll pass it on to the owner. Great info to have just as they're setting the price at the opening.
kodiak
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 09:43 PM

I met Mike while I was in Los Barriles. Nice guy with super clean bathrooms and laundry facilities....well, the laundry ready for the new washers and dryers. His wife owns the furniture stores in La Ribera and Barriles. I will be staying there when I get back down there this fall.
Fred
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2008 at 09:47 AM

Osprey......I just like to check out what the debt is going to be in places that are reviewed on the forum. Nowdays I have to cost average my travels. Mainly because of the gas (US) and the rising prices. I have been going to Los Barriles since the 80's and can remember most years camping on North Beach cheap....cheap....cheap. I understanding the rise in prices in Southern California South, but still think the beaches are great down there. I think my next trip down I may have to camp in the arroyo next to North Beach and join the health club in town to shower. I just may one of the few on here that need to stay on a tight budget. Those were the cards I was dealt and I can live with them as I understand how to play them.

Fred
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2008 at 10:32 AM

Fred you're preachin to the choir master. Now that I understand your financial condition I may hit you up for a loan. Mike will probably be posting the prices and more but right now he's busier than a one-armed crannberry farmer in September.
Fred
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2008 at 11:00 AM

Osprey...................the loan would to be in the form of beer. That is about the only thing of value in my VW Westy.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2008 at 11:06 AM

Looks great
Tere and Mike are a class act.
We plan to go up and spend a few days with them even though we only live 50 minutes away!

gibson
Banned

[*] posted on 4-10-2008 at 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred
I have been going to Los Barriles since the 80's and can remember most years camping on North Beach cheap....cheap....cheap. I think my next trip down I may have to camp in the arroyo next to North Beach
Fred

y donde banos??
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2008 at 02:07 PM
La Trinidad restaurant La Ribera

Finally opened the restaurant at La Trinidad RV Ranch in La Ribera. A great buffet spread, nice big drinks, reasonable prices. They'll be open for weekends to start. With 2 bars, the nice pool, delicious food the locals will love it. Hope to see some Nomads there during the summer.

Trinidad dinner 2.jpg - 44kB
gibson
Banned

[*] posted on 4-12-2008 at 05:43 PM

RV /camping rates?
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2008 at 06:39 PM

I'm pretty sure the RV/restaurant/bar/pool/baths/laundry facilities are closed to Gibson types so the price is kinda academic. I'm not the owner, just a casual Nomad poster and that's just my personal view -- I'll make it clear I don't speak for others. It's just my own guess.
gibson
Banned

[*] posted on 4-12-2008 at 07:05 PM

:lol::lol::lol: 'looks' like you may be one of those lifeless wonders that take the internet and message boards a lil' too seriously. But ... without a life ... what else can ya do? :lol::lol:

I won't be staying at Trinidad due to the dust bowl hole that is La Ribera (most noticeable when we're out on the water and the northerly's rippin! yuuck) but interesting how the rates have so far remained a mystery for all those that have enquired.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2008 at 07:29 PM

We're waiting. You've told us all the things you detest. You've made small of a lot of things on this forum. Is there anything, anyone, anywhere around Baja Calfornia that you do like? Will you ever ask a nice question about travel in Baja? Will you ever add anything positive to the posts on this board? We have all the time in the world. We'll be here. waiting.
gibson
Banned

[*] posted on 4-12-2008 at 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
We have all the time in the world. We'll be here. waiting.

rest my case!! ha
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2008 at 01:42 AM

Jorge, "a lifeless wonder"?

man, ain't you got that wrong!

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
Bill Collector
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2008 at 09:18 AM

Osprey
This is why I have been reading nomads now for 3 years and DON"T post.
Such negative things from people that don't seem to know what they are talking about. You write a postive notice about Mike's new place, then this guy comes up with such negative stuff why even post... I will say first that we have lived here 13 years FULL time..Went from FM3, Fm2 now Mexican Citizens..we are in the La Cappilla area.. we fish all the time,haven't seen a dust bowl in La Ribera. Not sure why someone would be fishing if the North wind is blowing. Osprey if your out on the water and hear the Bill Collector (our boat name) give us a call. We will stop over to Mike's the food looks great.
There are some great guys that post I log on every day. I read your posting, like it when David K. writes he seems postive.............
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.