BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Boat Delivery
layla

[*] posted on 4-16-2004 at 05:34 PM
Boat Delivery

who can deliver my 26 foot trailerable sailboat from la paz to san diego in june and for how much?

[Edited on 4-17-2004 by layla]
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 4-16-2004 at 06:46 PM

Since you are new here and havn't had much contact with the many participants, I think your best bet would be to contact a company that specializes in that sort of thing. They should be able to give you an idea of companies that handle transpo. at any of the La Paz marinas. Out of memory from the last time this came up the price was like 800 to 1k. :(
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 4-16-2004 at 08:57 PM

Here is the guy that can do the task....

Al Thompson at (805) 331-8590

email is bajatow@earthlink.net

I'd double me-no's estimate:yes::yes:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2004 at 07:51 AM
Sail it

Why not sail the boat up to San Carlos and pick it up from there? Lots of sailors do just that, it's a great trip. San Carlos Marina will dry store the boat or keep it in the water until you pick it up. Minimal cost, just the time to do it (allow 2 weeks to enjoy the trip).
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2004 at 01:04 PM
Yer boat

I can do it for $1000.00 and I also have friends who do boat deliveries by sea although I am guessing you want the trailer as well.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2004 at 10:21 PM

Not that any of this is my business, but if you do the math $1000.00 doesn't seem to add up if you consider the six 8-hour days of driving round-trip, lodging fees, food, cerveza, and the cost of gas. Maybe if a person was already in La Paz and planning a one-way trip North anyway would this job seem to make $ense.

[Edited on 11/21/2003 by Packoderm]

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-24-2004 at 07:02 AM
Al was charging $3 a mile 3 years ago.

i bet his cost is higher today.

I bet i can set you up with a guy who does these types of things for very reasonable $$'s, the most seasoned baja road man i know of. he picked up a rig for me and took it from Mulege to SD 1 year ago. He evan dealt with a busted starter since he is also a master mechanic. Post your request on www.baja.net and ask for Wild Bill. Tell him Capt. Mike sent you.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.