Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Private flight to Asuncion -
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2008 at 05:01 PM
Private flight to Asuncion -

or San Francisquito? I'd like to give my son a special birthday present - a flight to Baja with good fishing and reasonable accommodations once he gets there - I'm thinking Asuncion or San Francisquito.
Could anybody give me a ballpark figure for this flight - from San Diego or TJ or ?? Two people same price in case he can take a friend? Probably like 2-3 nights.
Any related info appreciated. Thanks.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-18-2008 at 06:59 PM

When did you want to come? We are working on designing fly-in packages for this summer and Jose Angel may have some info for you on flights....their packages look terrific and I can vouch for thier professionalism and integrity....www.cedrosoutdooradventures.com

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-18-2008 at 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
or San Francisquito? I'd like to give my son a special birthday present - a flight to Baja with good fishing and reasonable accommodations once he gets there - I'm thinking Asuncion or San Francisquito.
Could anybody give me a ballpark figure for this flight - from San Diego or TJ or ?? Two people same price in case he can take a friend? Probably like 2-3 nights.
Any related info appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.firstflightcorp.com/aircraft.html

Check this place out. I'll fly you down if you want. You can see the hourly cost of the plane. It's a 2 hour minimum(flight hours) per day that you keep the plane.
I like the Cherokee six (PA32-300) for the longer flights but the c-182 will get the job done.
To Asuncion it's about 4 hours maybe 5. A little less for P. San Fransquito(PSF)
I'd say Asuncion because Jaun and Shari are there and no one in Baja will treat you better. But PSF might get yellowtail sooner if fishing is you goal.

[Edited on 4-19-2008 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-18-2008 at 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
When did you want to come? We are working on designing fly-in packages for this summer and Jose Angel may have some info for you on flights....their packages look terrific and I can vouch for thier professionalism and integrity....www.cedrosoutdooradventures.com

http://www.cedrosoutdooradventures.com

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-19-2008 at 12:52 AM

If I was planning a private flight this is what I would do.
I'd leave from Brown Field in San Diego in the Cherokee six.
If I'm just going by myself or one passenger I'm loading full fuel and heading straight for Loreto. 4-5 hours. We can clear into customs there.
Now it's decision time. Do we chance good fishing in Loreto or fuel up and head to La Paz?
We could even go to Punta Colorado.
But I say to La Paz. 1-2 hours The yellow bite is crazy and now we are getting into Dorado/Yellowfin season. Why fly any farther?
Rent a car and head into town. Many cheap decent hotels. Make arrangement with a local fishng company and then head to the malecon for a taco and a beer.
Back to the hotel,up early and head out to Los Muertos for the best fishing day of your life.
Plan 1 extra day in case the weather is bad. Use it as a second fishing day or a beach day.
Up early on day 4 and point the plane north for a 6-7 hour ride home. 1 stop at Loreto for fuel
Up to five people can go. 1 pilot and 4 pax. But it takes more stops for fuel and bio breaks.
When would you like to go? :cool:

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-19-2008 at 07:41 AM

hey i'll take ya.
:bounce:
imagine the spirited discussions we could have enroute talking about development and ecology! just kidding.......

stay at Bob's at Concepcion. get onto a fishing boat right from his private embarcadero!

PSFO is a wreck right now with rumors of yet another sale and shut down for rehab.
you don't want to be there, services suck.

don't forget to check out www.bajaairventures.com very expensive but it's all inclusive pay one $$ and have a soft eco adventures like no other includes airfare RT brown field.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-19-2008 at 01:33 PM

I have another idea. I was just at my fishcamp in San Quintin last weekend.
I went to the Old Mill to check the fish report and pick out my boat and captain for a trip in the future. I meet Genaro Flores Avina of Tiburn Pangas. A smart young captain who speaks english.
The fishing is only bottom fish now but white seabass and yellows should be starting soon.
We could land at Don Eddies and stay there or the Old Mill.
It's only a 2 hour flight( 4hrs x $105/hr=$420 round trip) from Brown Field so it's relatively cheap. Maybe a little more. The hotel is about 30/night and the boat is $250/day for yellowtail fishing.
He's got 2 new suerpangas and 1 is a 26 footer with 150 merc and a flush deck all the way around.
The other is a little smaller with a 200 merc.
It take a little advanced planning to make sure the aircraft is available. But you could always call there and ask if the plane is open or I can call.
We could leave at 9am or so on a Friday morning and come home Sunday or Monday by early afternoon.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2008 at 03:13 PM

go for it.
land at Campo Lorenzo, Larry will drive you over to Don Eddie's.

man, $250 a day for a panga seems high so i must be missing something.

$105 wet is a good deal. is that the six or the 182? i can't operate my comanche for that cheap. Tom S. at 1st flight must be barely breaking even at those rates - hell no he's losing $$! avgas is over $5 most places now.

but i can get to SQ from Brown in an hour!:lol::lol:

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-19-2008 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
go for it.

$105 wet is a good deal. is that the six or the 182? i can't operate my comanche for that cheap. Tom S. at 1st flight must be barely breaking even at those rates - hell no he's losing $$! avgas is over $5 most places now.

That's the 182. The six is 130/hr.
The flight time is probably 1.3 hrs in both. If I firewalled it maybe an hour.
But I normally fly at 65-70%. It's easier on the motor.:yes:

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-19-2008 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
go for it.

These aren't old school pangas. Plus this is the pacific so you burn more fuel. Running and gunning for yellows can cost alot of fuel.
Giellermo at Bola charges $300 for his 30 ft panga. It has a head and tower. Plus a deck hand and can fish six people.

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2008 at 06:10 PM

I checked out the website for http://www.cedrosoutdooradventures.com

They look like they offer some wonderful alternatives for fishing, photography and are ecologicaly minded.

Does one book with them or with you directly?

Iflyfish
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2008 at 06:13 PM

It's great to hear the pilots dialogue about flying to Asuncion. I wanted to do that last year but gave up. Glad I didn't with the bad hip etc. But may look at this alternative in the future. What would interest me would be flight to Asuncion and sort out accomodations with you. Pay for rent of plane, and pilot expenses and fees. Clean way to do it.

Iflyfish
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-19-2008 at 06:15 PM

We are currently working on some dates for groups that will be posted on their site...or they have a really cool idea about getting your own group together where the person who organizes the group goes for free!!! It is a very informative website and I really love these guys ideas and values and look forward to working with them. They are a quality outfit!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2008 at 07:21 PM

yeah, i just got a friendly email from Jose Sanchez -pacheco from the group.
they are flying Grand Caravans. nice way to go.
wish i worked for them instead of working!:lol::lol:

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-20-2008 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
yeah, i just got a friendly email from Jose Sanchez -pacheco from the group.
they are flying Grand Caravans. nice way to go.
wish i worked for them instead of working!:lol::lol:

Are they hiring?:coolup:

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-20-2008 at 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
We are currently working on some dates for groups that will be posted on their site...or they have a really cool idea about getting your own group together where the person who organizes the group goes for free!!! It is a very informative website and I really love these guys ideas and values and look forward to working with them. They are a quality outfit!

Hey don't forget about Fishbuck Airways! We intend to make our inaugural flight as soon as yellowtail fishing gets good.
We'll be serving champagne and caviar southbound and yellowtail sushimi and Tecate on the way home!

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2008 at 07:04 AM

ok Fishbuck - keep me in da loop, flight of dos.

and.......i don't think Cedros Air is hiring.

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2008 at 09:52 AM

Thanks so much for the replies. I think I'm going to give my son all the info, and he can decide how he wants to go. I do think, however, that Fishbuck offers a great fishing weekend with the San Quintin idea. Then, if son gets hooked, maybe plan a longer trip. He's not really interested in a long drive or fancy accommodations - just getting to the fishing spot.
Thanks for the info on Pta San F. being shut down - did not know that.

Shari, if you put together a fly-in fishing package, give me the dates - when it's a little warmer and the fishing is good would be ideal. From San Diego? Mike, you should jump on that.

Thanks again.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2008 at 11:35 AM

oh ...yeah!!
and for the record, BBP reports PSFO isn't actually shut down, but its so defunct it might as well be! hardly worth stopping in. of course you could drive there and camp self contained. it still is the nicest private beach in "the baja" ;D as far as i am concerned!

i have access to a fish campo on chivato too, ain't cheap but is all there - accomodations, guide, boat etc. if anyone wants to drive there or be flown in lemme know and i'll check the rental line status with the owner.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-21-2008 at 12:06 PM

Quote:
oh ...yeah!!
and for the record, BBP reports PSFO isn't actually shut down, but its so defunct it might as well be! hardly worth stopping in. of course you could drive there and camp self contained. it still is the nicest private beach in "the baja" ;D as far as i am concerned!

i have access to a fish campo on chivato too, ain't cheap but is all there - accomodations, guide, boat etc. if anyone wants to drive there or be flown in lemme know and i'll check the rental line status with the owner.

I use to fly into Chivato back in the 50/night days. It's a good place to fish. I've caught Dorodo and 1 once hooked a marlin from a panga there. He busted my line because I was using a rental rod with old line. But it was very exciting for few minutes.
They had fuel there too and that was quite the bonus.
Bola is a good alternative to PSF. Great paved runway and about a dozen cheap hotels. The town is a little messy but once you are in the boat who cares. There are a 1000 beautiful beaches in that bay.
I would love to fish out of Guellermos megapanga! Split 3 ways $100/angler plus tip.

http://www.guillermos.net

[Edited on 4-21-2008 by fishbuck]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.